Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reservoir Dubs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Rocheydub

For what it's worth... I would offer to be a mod on any new version of ressers...

I know that will immediately alienate a few folk, but the offer remains!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭killiank

Rocheydub wrote: »
    For what it's worth... I would offer to be a mod on any new version of ressers...

I'm not sure what I can offer technically but I'd get involved someway. Perhaps any interested parties could pm me. I know there was a post earlier saying the guys might consider passing the baton. Perhaps there is worth in a mature discussion on the future

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

resserbigp wrote: »
    So this is where ressers go when they die, a resser limbo. A terrible pity about the site, the family are fearing withdrawal symptoms, don`t know what happened, but fair play to all that put work into it over the years, you owe nobody nothing.

That's the Spanish contingent all accounted for so. Bienvenido bigp! :)

Jaysus lads, this is fast becoming a refuge for all homeless Ressers. Please give generously :D
    Isn't it great for yez all that your names were still available when youse joined!! :mad:

I hear ya brother. If only I knew then (when I registered on here years ago) what I know now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 delta5

Would also offer my services and know a few who would get involved!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Zinedine Kilbane

Real, real shame it came to this if it's definitely gone altogether. There was a wealth of information on that site including many great anecdotes from Dublin GAA in times gone by besides up to date results.

I work in Web dev so would be willing to contribute too. I know the season is nearly over but it might be worthwhile in the meantime providing a site where the only thing you can do is submit results and scores, not text?

Then you could build up a more loyal following ie grant access for those who regularly submit correct scores, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Hi, i'm Ed Winchester. And i'd just like to add to those posts praising Res Dubs. She was a formidable mistress for many many years and she will be missed. First and last site i clicked on everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

The Directions to Dublin GAA Clubs section was a great resource.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

I still believe in Resdubs, I hope it returns, pronto. .

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

The Directions to Dublin GAA Clubs section was a great resource.

That dubmatchtracker page on twitter will pin a clubhouse or a pitch on google maps for you if you ask them i would think. at least they are still there for fixtures and scores. can pretty much ask them anything

res dubs will defo be a loss for banter and scores. i would say it will be replaced or will start back up again. there is no way such a void would be left like that. with all the members it had the resources have to be there to continue in some capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 2 resdaedalus

Just in from Barcelona after a last minute defeat and the first thing i find out is that ressers has ceased trading :mad:

I was a newbie to resdubs in terms of posting but have followed it for a long time.

Had a lot of time for a lot of posters who new their football.

Cheers to the mods for their effort and i hope something can be revived. Resdubs was too good not be continue in some form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

jjj12 wrote: »
    Jesus lads at this rate we will have to go back to the old dubs forum

And it still works!!!!

http://members.boardhost.com/dubsforum/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

You were alienated when you got born in BallyMun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Good riddance to it

Long overdue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cormac halpin

dubliner 2 wrote: »
    No great loss. A cheerleading site where disent from the natural order was not permitted. You couldn't discuss anything in any deep way for fear of offending anyone who might choose to take offence. Great for local club scores but a useless waste of time if you actually wanted to debate issues and express a contrary point of view.
    Coming from AFR's greatest lickspittle :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Weres Bart........................id say the lad is baiting his mickey off the wall with frustration......................

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

"Forum will be reopening under new group soon"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ro_G

Good to see someone has taken it on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Do ex users, get a clean slate ??? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Rocheydub

ro_G wrote: »
    Good to see someone has taken it on.
    Indeed. Praise The Lord!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 salientsix

Glad to hear that, good news. An institution & invaluable source of info for the club scene. Thoroughly enjoyed the banter/ debate.
    I had the pleasure of meeting Mr White at this years Heineken Cup, I would not have got to see the game without his help. Neither scenario could have happened without the site. Sincere thanks to him & his colleagues who've moderated it for so many people, sober, drunk, depressed, happy etc over the years. Ye were great;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

SSK wrote: »

Delighted to hear that :) Even though I didn't post every day I would have been on it frequently and it's an invaluable source of info and craic on the Dublin GAA scene.

Taking over the old site? Same name?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

salientsix wrote: »
    I had the pleasure of meeting Mr White at this years Heineken Cup, I would not have got to see the game without his help. Neither scenario could have happened without the site.

Same with me - I wouldn't have got to meet Mr Blue if hadn't been for the site. Despite that, I still think Reservoir Dubs should be kept on!

(1132_childish_teasing_smiley_sticking_out_tongue.gif)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dinvincible

Jesus you turn your back for two days and look what happens
    I dont want to go into why its gone , there seems to be plenty of speculation
    but will there be a lazarus type comeback ??

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Squareball

I was a contributor of sorts for a long time and got out of it a couple of years ago. No need to go into the reasons for my departure but I never stopped visiting. I am sad to see its demise as it was a huge resource for us folks overseas.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nangitoholmes

Indeed. Praise The Lord!

Thanks be to god.. I have actually done some work the last few days..

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Arse Biscuits

Squareball wrote: »
    I was a contributor of sorts for a long time and got out of it a couple of years ago. No need to go into the reasons for my departure but I never stopped visiting. I am sad to see its demise as it was a huge resource for us folks overseas.

Ah Mnuman

Vest of gluck on Nunday in the fanal:D

Anyone able to shed any light on this new group?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

Amen. That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

Thanks be to fook!

Advertisement