Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reservoir Dubs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jjj12

Lads any time scale at all on the site .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

jjj12 wrote: »
    Lads any time scale at all on the site .

The longer it goes, the less likely it will be reopening I'd say.

That's what I'm thinking too , it seems to have gone very quite

• Registered Users Posts: 28 resserbigp

Hard luck to Crokes, put up a great show and could easily have won

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dubliner 2

Appaling decision for the penalty cost them the game. The crisis in refereeing hurling continues. Terrible display by the officials.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,376 ✭✭✭robbiezero

resserbigp wrote: »
    Hard luck to Crokes, put up a great show and could easily have won

Yep, certainly could. better side for most of the game.
    bad call on the penalty cost them
    very poor refereeing performance today i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

While it was an appalling decision to award that penalty the ref has linesmen and umpires who were just as culpable as him. O' Carroll gets booked on word of linesman and he was not involved in the particular incident and it happened in front of the 2 of them.!!! Few time Oulart players seemed to over carry the ball and nothing given. My annoyance would be more with his officials and the fact big decisions which cost Crokes he could have went to umpires.

But that does not excuse the stupid tackle at the end when there was no need to tackle the Oulart player who was going away from goal when he was pushed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Bad gameBoth teams were pretty poorExcusable though as Parnell was in bits

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Temp Barry

LeoB wrote: »
    But that does not excuse the stupid tackle at the end when there was no need to tackle the Oulart player who was going away from goal when he was pushed.
    Thought it was a blatant dive by the Oulart player myself. 3 players going for the ball, any contact was minimal and certainly no foul in my opinion, but the ref bought the dive.

The penalty was an absolutely scandalous decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭howiya

Temp Barry wrote: »
    Thought it was a blatant dive by the Oulart player myself. 3 players going for the ball, any contact was minimal and certainly no foul in my opinion, but the ref bought the dive.

Agree on the penalty but the last free was the fault of the defenders. No need to give it away. All in all a pretty poor game. Two teams can blame the conditions. Don't know what excuse the officials can use as they were pretty poor throughout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭billyhead

When are Ballymun playing their 1st Leinster game, Where is it being played and who is it against?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

billyhead wrote: »
    When are Ballymun playing their 1st Leinster game, Where is it being played and who is it against?
    Playing Mullingar Shamrocks in Cusack park, Mullingar this Sunday at 2.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Squareball

Changed to 2 PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Mullingar bet Garrycastle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭howiya

AGC wrote: »
    Mullingar bet Garrycastle?

After a replay

dcr22B wrote: »
    Playing Mullingar Shamrocks in Cusack park, Mullingar this Sunday at 2.30pm
    DCR, you're a man with the inside track. Any sign of ressers reopening?

Yes any news would be very welcome to the refugees

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Alphonso

How do everyone, nice to be here.
    Very sad about Res Dubs, definitely the best discussion & GAA info website I've had the pleasure to use. Terrible loss to the Dublin and national GAA community. Even Rufus will be missed ;)

Main reason otherwise for this communication is to say a huge big deadly comhgairdeas to Ballymun Ks (and Rochey and all the great servants of the club who use the forums) on winning the county championship for the first time since the last time, otherwise known as the good/bad old days.

Apart from the fact it is my local senior club and adopted area, it's always been a club I had a soft spot for, and the achievement of putting them back on the Dublin/national map from a very low ebb in the 90s, and a time of many problems in the area, is a great one.
    Nothing against KCs but they've had lots of success and I'm sure that will continue. Beating them in the final makes da Mun's achievement all the better. Best of luck in Leinster lads, Mullingar in Cusack will be very tough. Who knows, Da Mun Vs Dr. Crokes in da new year, wha?!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ger_dublin

Al....tell us, how's the weather looking for the winter? Missin your and rocheys thread!

Howaya Ger. Jaysus, this feels like the days when I was joining forums! Like a child starting school............

What was your name in the reservoir?
    The weather WAS looking to have alot of potential for cold, but now it looks fairly mild most of the next two weeks at least. Probably going to get rainy and windy again, so familiar stuff! Still, it's only november, it can all change again. Not sure of it's a complete change of pattern (the pattern has been very similar the past few years) or just a temporary thing.
    If you like cold in winter we need the high pressure that's developing over east europe to move north and then west. For the next few days, getting milder, fairly settled but getting breezy enough & will become cloudy, just some light rain at times, then cooler and brighter by the w/e. Average and very normal november stuff really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I can't comment on something I know nothing about unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thehill

have they gone to twitter sure i seen some tweets

thehill wrote: »
    have they gone to twitter sure i seen some tweets

Wha'?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 No. 4

dcr22B wrote: »
    I can't comment on something I know nothing about unfortunately.

This is Boards, work away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Good to see all the Resser boys popping in. Welcome friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Temp Barry wrote: »

If you watch the replay both players put their hand on the players back. Its impossible to gauge if they pushed him, how much force was used or if he simply went to ground. But none of that matters. The fact is they made the decision an easy one for the ref and only have themselves to blame. Cost their team the game really. Was gutted for Crokes. Deserved something from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Squareball

Alphonso wrote: »
    Howaya Ger. Jaysus, this feels like the days when I was joining forums! Like a child starting school............

What was your name in the reservoir?
    The weather WAS looking to have alot of potential for cold, but now it looks fairly mild most of the next two weeks at least. Probably going to get rainy and windy again, so familiar stuff! Still, it's only november, it can all change again. Not sure of it's a complete change of pattern (the pattern has been very similar the past few years) or just a temporary thing.
    If you like cold in winter we need the high pressure that's developing over east europe to move north and then west. For the next few days, getting milder, fairly settled but getting breezy enough & will become cloudy, just some light rain at times, then cooler and brighter by the w/e. Average and very normal november stuff really.

Can you be more precise and tell us about this Sunday in MUNillgar at 2PM?

Squareball wrote: »
    Can you be more precise and tell us about this Sunday in MUNillgar at 2PM?

Freudian slip? A towering achievement if so!:)

Sunday in Cusack Park - bright, fresh, bit chilly, might be a shower. Not just a shower from da Mun!:P So a good day for the game, and no really heavy rain before then so the pitch should be dacent.

So what about a few Christmas drinks for the ressers to mourn the loss of our favourite site??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cormac halpin

So what about a few Christmas drinks for the ressers to mourn the loss of our favourite site??
    I'm in. Where?

Advertisement