Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reservoir Dubs

Options
  • 01-10-2011 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

What has happened to this site ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

What has happened to this site ?

Looks like a server swap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Got it in one, should be fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

It's not. Still down for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

hmm keeps going off and coming back

There may be intermittent issues with it for a few days but hopefully not for much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 qwertyuiopa

Whats up.Just went to have a look and it says the sites been permanently closed.What happened anyone know?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

It'd be no loss, the shite posted on that is laughable

It'd be no loss, the shite posted on that is laughable

Id agree in general,lot of spanners on it..was good though for getting local club results and intercounty player injury updates etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

What happened? Can't find any reason why it has been closed, excellent for club results someone must have overstepped the mark

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

JM Skipton wrote: »
    What happened? Can't find any reason why it has been closed, excellent for club results someone must have overstepped the mark
    It says on twitter that there is a big Dublin football bombshell breaking tomorrow, perhaps related to that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

It says on twitter that there is a big Dublin football bombshell breaking tomorrow, perhaps related to that?
    Yeah saw that must be something serious

Jayz,Im even more intrigued now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Brady switching and playing football

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Jeez, they picked a bad week to close it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭howiya

Jeez, they picked a bad week to close it down.

Indeed, Dublin county final Monday night (don't agree with the timing). Didnt make the semi finals over the weekend so was hoping for a bit of feedback and build up to the final

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Ranelite

Put up a dodgy picture and got in trouble.

As one of the mods on ResDubs, I'd like to ask the previous poster and others to stop posting rumours and innuendo on this thread. The reason for closing is nothing to do with anything that has been mooted above but I will also not be divulging the reason behind the closure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Ranelite wrote: »
    Put up a dodgy picture and got in trouble.

Yip, dodgy pic and approved by a moderater. People not happy, way out of order.Sad times mind, I am sure it will return though, usually does after a few days.

I would imagine that 'bombshell' is Tomas Brady declaring for the Footballers this year and leaving the Hurling panel.

Alaska1 wrote: »
    Yip, dodgy pic and approved by a moderater. People not happy, way out of order.Sad times mind, I am sure it will return though, usually does after a few days.
    Believe me it has nothing to do with that dodgy pic as that was removed hours before the decision was made to shut up shop.

• Advertisement

Think the decision to shut was a little shortsighted and certainly unfair on all the decent posters who used the site, especially during the week of the county championship. Perhaps there is a touch of envy about.

Think the decision to shut was a little shortsighted and certainly unfair on all the decent posters who used the site, especially during the week of the county championship. Perhaps there is a touch of envy about.

I think the issue was bigger than that, an indecent pic was approved by a Moderater and the people involved in the pic weren't best pleased, so would imagine the plug was pulled before legal action was persued. Of course that would be denied by the powers that be.As I have said previous, sad times, especially the week thats in it and the county final Monday.

Anyway really looking forward to Monday night. Should be a cracking game under the lights. Don't buy into the complaints about the game being an evening kick off, distracting kids from going, sure they are all on mid term breaks next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cormac halpin

dcr22B wrote: »
    As one of the mods on ResDubs, I'd like to ask the previous poster and others to stop posting rumours and innuendo on this thread. The reason for closing is nothing to do with anything that has been mooted above but I will also not be divulging the reason behind the closure.
    Did you sign an official secrets act?
    This sounds interesting, could you possibly give a little more detail on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Arse Biscuits

I don't think it will be back Pereguine Falcon .

I don't think it will be back Pereguine Falcon .
    popcorn.gif

Did you sign an official secrets act?

This sounds interesting, could you possibly give a little more detail on this?

Nothing more to say really Cormac, thats why the site was takin' off line. An indecent pic was posted invloving juveniles and approved by a moderater. Wasn't found funny at all.A mistake I am sure, as most part they are ok over there, and policed very well for the most part.That and an Fearr Rua closing down in a matter of weeks, bad few weeks for GAA.

Nothing more to say really Cormac, thats why the site was takin' off line. An indecent pic was posted invloving juveniles and approved by a moderater. Wasn't found funny at all.A mistake I am sure, as most part they are ok over there, and policed very well for the most part.That and an Fearr Rua closing down in a matter of weeks, bad few weeks for GAA.
    A picture involving juveniles? Seems serious.

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 hurler123

Any other good GAA website forums?(besides this one of course!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

That and an Fearr Rua closing down in a matter of weeks, bad few weeks for GAA.

You can throw in DubMatchTracker closing their twitter account at the end of the 2012 season too. A real shame on all counts.

JohnC.

Advertisement