Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reservoir Dubs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

FYP :D

Well played!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

dubliner 2 wrote: »
    It is a matter of record that five players were suspended.

And what's the other side to the story?

Like I said its best forgotten. Keep coming down on the number of players suspended and you'll eventually get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Temp Barry

Can anyone tell me who were Dublin minor A champions in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Cluxton the dog with the rather large testicles strode around the kitchen sniffing and yapping at his owners leg as he gazed with anticipation at the computer screen, reservior dubs 2 eh..............................

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ro_G

Good to hear Daly to get more "hands on".

Also hope that Dunphy will bring a departure from the muscle man fitness and conditioning nonsense so evident last year.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/dunphy-a-perfect-fit-for-dalys-dublin-3276704.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Temp Barry wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me who were Dublin minor A champions in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 ?

2008 & 2009 - Na Fianna
    2010 - Ballyboden St Endas
    2011 - Castleknock

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Arse Biscuits

When is Res Dubs Opening back up? Will it be up for the final tomorrow as be great to get updates

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭motownman

When is Res Dubs Opening back up? Will it be up for the final tomorrow as be great to get updates

Even if it's not back for that you can still get updates on @DubMatchTracker on Twitter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

ro_G wrote: »
    Good to hear Daly to get more "hands on".

Also hope that Dunphy will bring a departure from the muscle man fitness and conditioning nonsense so evident last year.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/dunphy-a-perfect-fit-for-dalys-dublin-3276704.html

Got hands on in the clare county final yesterday, throwing digs on the sideline with the oul cap on, I reckon he will be in trouble............................cluxton the dog with rather large testicles hopes not

Got hands on in the clare county final yesterday, throwing digs on the sideline with the oul cap on, I reckon he will be in trouble............................cluxton the dog with rather large testicles hopes not

Minor game as well. Bad form alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Fianna Fowl

dubliner 2 wrote: »
    So Ballymun did not have half a dozen players suspended on the basis of video evidence while Na Fianna were exonerated of any wrongdoing?

I never revealed my club affiliation in the eight years I was on An Fear Rua but I guess I have now. So be it. I'm not going to let people away with bare faced lies.

Please don't tell me that you and kingdub were one and the same....

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DiH

Anyone know if the county final is on the radio today?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

DiH wrote: »
    Anyone know if the county final is on the radio today?

Dublin City FM are, according to their Facebook page :)

https://www.facebook.com/dublincityfm?ref=stream

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jjj12

Ft 1-12 0-14 to Ballymun . Well done to all in Ballymun been a long time coming for them

• Registered Users Posts: 28 resserbigp

Congrats to Mun and Rochey, although I am sure he won`t be reading here tonight, hard luck to Crokes they made a real fight of it when it looked like they were going to be well beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dubsontour

Yeah I second that, well done Ballymun, Curran & Rochey .
    Delighted for you boys.. Hope a few of the lads get a look in with Gavin..

Savage. Well done to the Mun.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

resserbigp wrote: »
    Congrats to Mun and Rochey, although I am sure he won`t be reading here tonight, hard luck to Crokes they made a real fight of it when it looked like they were going to be well beaten.

+1

Congrats Rochey!! :D

Rocheydub wrote: »
    I'm never going to post here again... Sure ressers is open soon!!!

His resolve on this statement will surely be tested tomorrow at some stage ;)

Well done Rochey & all the crew at the 'Mun. It's been a long time coming. Was only able to follow it on Dub Match Tracker. Did time just run out on the Crokes comeback? I thought Crokes would taken it but have to say I'm delighted to have been proven wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

Dean Rock will surely get a proper chance now.

• Advertisement

Dean Rock will surely get a proper chance now.
    I would say so, but the big problem for lads from the club champions trying to make the inter county team, is that if they progress to Paddy`s day, they miss out on the National League, in saying that I would say it is a problem many would like to have

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

Alan Hubbard worth another look? Does James McCarthys future lie in midfield?

JuanJose wrote: »
    His resolve on this statement will surely be tested tomorrow at some stage ;)

Well done Rochey & all the crew at the 'Mun. It's been a long time coming. Was only able to follow it on Dub Match Tracker. Did time just run out on the Crokes comeback? I thought Crokes would taken it but have to say I'm delighted to have been proven wrong!
    Listening to the game , it did seem like if it had gone on much longer Crokes were on top, but that been said, it also sounded like had Mun taken a few goal chances early in the first half it would have been over before half time. The bottomline is when you let teams get a lead on you, you are playing with fire and it sounded like Ballymun were the hungrier team until Crokes realized they were in trouble. But in fairness to Ballymun they tagged on enough points to keep Crokes chasing the game and it was only really with the last kick of the game that Crokes got the lead down to a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

Well done Ballymun. Absolutely brilliant final.

resserbigp wrote: »
    it sounded like Ballymun were the hungrier team until Crokes realized they were in trouble.

You could nearly replace the team names with "Mayo" & "Dublin" there.

Sorry, flashbacks to Croker in September :(

Kinda weird to see just after Rock pointed in the 56th minute, the enigma that is Mark Vaughan slotted over a wonder-point & a free to seriously reduce the gap!

And, as you say, the double-edged sword that is competing in the Leinster club championship awaits for those that have caught Gavins eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭westsidestory

Congrats to Ballymun, great to win final beating the mighty Crokes and their array of Dub players.
    Are all Kickhams home grown ot

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭westsidestory

Congrats to Ballymun, great to win final beating the mighty Crokes and their array of inter county players.
    Are all Kickhams home grown other than the 2 Mayos (Bourke and Forde) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭howiya

Congrats to Ballymun, great to win final beating the mighty Crokes and their array of inter county players.
    Are all Kickhams home grown other than the 2 Mayos (Bourke and Forde) ?

Not sure of his full playing history but Derek Byrne has played for Round Towers previously

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭howiya

Congrats to all at Ballymun. Great night for the club with the Under 15s beating Na Fianna in the Under15 A final before the main event. Commiserations to all in Crokes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

I think Connolly was with Fingallians at one point and Leahy with Clontarf but open to correction on that.

Well done to the Mun, delighted in particular for Paddy Christie, one of the true gents of Dublin GAA. Crokes, for all their stars are really lacking a few forwards. Burke stood up tonight but their over-reliance on a teenager to be their main threat for much of the championship is telling. Astonished Barry O'Rourke can't make more of an impact, he was a brilliant underage player.

Advertisement