Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reservoir Dubs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 resserbigp

Unfair shot at Crokes, they are at the moment very much a home grown team, so there was no real difference there so lets not start taking away from either side .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Well done Ballymun. There, I said it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Well done to Ballymun and their blow ins. Sad that GAA is going like soccer at the top level. I think only Maurs and O'Tooles are the only 2 teams in top Division with only players who came up from u9.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pierre mcauley

howiya wrote: »
    Not sure of his full playing history but Derek Byrne has played for Round Towers previously

Round towers of Lusk or Clondalkin??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Clondalkin, Pierre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Great game, well done all involved. Great to see a great crowd at the game, despite its strange timing. Kickhams were brilliant in the first half. Burke almost dragged Crokes over the line singlehandly in the second half.

Ballymun are a very young team, most of them came up in Paddy Christie's underage team from U9. His latest group won the 15A curtain raiser against a spirited Na Fianna. Well done all.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭westsidestory

resserbigp wrote: »
    Unfair shot at Crokes, they are at the moment very much a home grown team, so there was no real difference there so lets not start taking away from either side .
    Jaysus I knew there would be one ! I phrased it as best as I could to not be provocative, Morrissey is the only non-home grown Kilmacud player in their 15 I know of which is a credit to them. Wasn't having a pop at any team.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Arse Biscuits

Great game, well done all involved. Great to see a great crowd at the game, despite its strange timing. Kickhams were brilliant in the first half. Burke almost dragged Crokes over the line singlehandly in the second half.

Ballymun are a very young team, most of them came up in Paddy Christie's underage team from U9. His latest group won the 15A curtain raiser against a spirited Na Fianna. Well done all.
    Its unfair to give Burke all the praise. I think the referee gave Crokes a hand getting back in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Congrats to Ballymun, great to win final beating the mighty Crokes and their array of Dub players.
    Are all Kickhams home grown ot

James Burke is from Mayo
    Kevin Leahy is from Clontarf
    Derek Byrne is from Round Towers

Everyone else is homegrown I think.

Anyway Leahy & Byrne are there years and Burke moved to Dublin and had to play for someone.

Don't think it takes away from their win at all. Sure Byrne didnt even start and Leahy went off. Theres a lot more to Ballymun than those 3 lads. Some hunger shown. Very happy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Arse Biscuits

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    James Burke is from Mayo
    Kevin Leahy is from Clontarf
    Derek Byrne is from Round Towers

Everyone else is homegrown I think.

Anyway Leahy & Byrne are there years and Burke moved to Dublin and had to play for someone.

Don't think it takes away from their win at all. Sure Byrne didnt even start and Leahy went off. Theres a lot more to Ballymun than those 3 lads. Some hunger shown. Very happy for them.
    Where's the goal scorer from????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 jjj12

Is Sean George injured or just not getting in to the mun team?

jjj12 wrote: »
    Is Sean George injured or just not getting in to the mun team?

He was suspended after being sent off in a cup game last month. Is now available for selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭westsidestory

Every big team has a few regardless of underage set ups, there will always be country lads looking to play in Dublin and clubs ready to take them.
    Off top of head Vincent's when won had 2 Mayos (Maloney & Kelly) O'Shea Kerry and Tipp Coughlan ? Brigids have Moran Mayo, O'Loughlin Laois, etc.
    Sure look at the UCD team.....

As regards Ballymun they have made a lot of efforts over the last 10 years to re-establish its juvenile set up. They won the All Ireland Feile last year despite having one of the biggest clubs in the country on its doorstep.

There are always going to be country lads living and working in Dublin who want to play at a decent level. It would be madness to turn them away. Its a matter of balance really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Alan Hubbard worth another look? Does James McCarthys future lie in midfield?

Great county final (from a Tipp man). Very high standard of football.

Hubbard was man of the match for me. Up and down the field all night.
    McCarthy very good also, some great runs and passes. Possibly not strong enough in the air for midfield at inter-county, but has a fair engine and pace.

Ballymuns diagonal passing caused Crokes huge problems.

Crokes had not got much of a forward threat which cost them. Dias was on a lot of ball, but hit bad wides and very little end product from him. Burke had a great 10 minutes in the second half, hitting 3 points. The young lad full forward was very good, and a constant threat throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭FastFuse

Well done to Ballymun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Well done Mun.

Go easy on the sauce Rochey :-)

Anyone got any update about the new group due to take over the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Well done the Mun !

Drove thru the area last night. Great to see all the illuminated signage giving props to the lads.

A fair few ex-Ressers here from what I can gather. I wonder if one of you lads could help me out. I'm trying to locate an article from around 2003. I think it was in the Independent but may have been somewhere else. It was about Dubs supporters following the team around the country during Championship (mostly). It included some good stories, one of which was an ex-player (Keith Barr I think) recounting the tale of Pat O'Neill delivering a team talk in a pre-fab somewhere when a chap came crashing through the ceiling, dusted himself off, said 'up the Dubs' and darted out the door. Another related to a time the team bus was involved in a crash before leaving Dublin.

I've searched the internet and the Independent archives and obviously no joy.

Ring any bells with anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 resserbigp

FastFuse wrote: »
    A fair few ex-Ressers here from what I can gather. I wonder if one of you lads could help me out. I'm trying to locate an article from around 2003. I think it was in the Independent but may have been somewhere else. It was about Dubs supporters following the team around the country during Championship (mostly). It included some good stories, one of which was an ex-player (Keith Barr I think) recounting the tale of Pat O'Neill delivering a team talk in a pre-fab somewhere when a chap came crashing through the ceiling, dusted himself off, said 'up the Dubs' and darted out the door. Another related to a time the team bus was involved in a crash before leaving Dublin.

I've searched the internet and the Independent archives and obviously no joy.

Ring any bells with anyone?
    Think there may be something about it in either John o Leary`s or Dessies book, not sure though

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

Did I see something that Cluxton (the keeper, not the dog with the large testicles) is considering his inter county career? Id say Supple is doing verses of the rosary if thats true!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

PaulD77 wrote: »
    Did I see something that Cluxton (the keeper, not the dog with the large testicles) is considering his inter county career? Id say Supple is doing verses of the rosary if thats true!

Cluxton the dog with the rather large testicles pawed at his food, his testicles dragging at the ground, he decided not to eat and lurched into his cosy kitchen bed, the hill16 kennel....................this is a dark day indeed thought cluxton, as he lapped at his hole and watched his master doing star jumps to old mr motivator dvds

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rungerryrun

Hey think that story was in the old Sunday Tribune and the story about someone coming through the roof happened in Navan I think. Was from 1994 or 1995

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ger_dublin

anybody have any update on the new site yet lads?

Cluxton the dog with the rather large testicles pawed at his food, his testicles dragging at the ground, he decided not to eat and lurched into his cosy kitchen bed, the hill16 kennel....................this is a dark day indeed thought cluxton, as he lapped at his hole and watched his master doing star jumps to old mr motivator dvds

A poor mans Conorsalt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

A poor mans Conorsalt.

ed remind me not to follow any of ure tips.......................u couldnt tip your nose, useless

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

ger_dublin wrote: »
    anybody have any update on the new site yet lads?

Yeah can't be long to go now can it?!

Hey think that story was in the old Sunday Tribune and the story about someone coming through the roof happened in Navan I think. Was from 1994 or 1995
    Thanks.

I actually found it. It was published on the Times (UK) in 2006. Trouble is I can only access the full article with a subscription and I'm struggling to find someone with one

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/article178542.ece

• Advertisement

ed remind me not to follow any of ure tips.......................u couldnt tip your nose, useless

Think you're confusing me with someone else Sack.

Advertisement