Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reservoir Dubs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Rocheydub

And all that so we wouldn't have to hear Rochey talk about winning the SFC.
    Fnarr fnarr... It's getting cold outside...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ResserTimo

Isn't it great for yez all that your names were still available when youse joined!! :mad:

Not quite Rufus.

Sad to see it go. I was never one of the most prolific posters over my eight-year membership but was a daily visitor. Saw a message on the site yesterday inviting anyone interested in taking over the site to email the site with regard to discussing possible transfer of ownership. Hope it comes to pass.

My single biggest memory will be the 200-page Dublin Kerry All-Ireland thread last year - the anticipation and excitement as September 18 approached; the scramble for tickets; those who had lost loved ones visiting graves the morning of the match; the subsequent post-match euphoria as members committed their experiences and joy to the thread. It would be a shame if this and other memorable threads were to fall victim to a "delete" keystroke.

Anyway, glad to be here amid a few familiar refugees.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pierre mcauley

So this is where all the cool cats are hanging out. Gonna miss ressers some fun on it! Hopefully something can be worked out i have to spend the eveings now watching fair city with the missus :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭howiya

So this is where all the cool cats are hanging out. Gonna miss ressers some fun on it! Hopefully something can be worked out i have to spend the eveings now watching fair city with the missus :(

I hate when your missus makes me watch fair city

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Liamos Dubs

Jaysus

Turn your back for five minutes.

I don't know all the ins and outs of why its gone.... but to me its a terrible shame.

When I was out of the country it was my first port of call, where else would you find out who won an AFL10 game.

I look back on many of the epic threads the Dublin v Kerry final was probably the most memorable but many others than nearly had you in tear or laughing out loud. I've been back three times already just to make sure it still closed

To all the admins and mods simply Thanks for having a top class site for the last number of years. To all those who contributed responsibly it made it the finest Gaa forum bar none.

Ps. best of luck to all the Ballymun lads who were regulars. Would love to see a real parish club land the title:)

• Advertisement

howiya wrote: »
    I hate when your missus makes me watch fair city

So do i, thats why i said it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dubliner 2

No great loss. A cheerleading site where disent from the natural order was not permitted. You couldn't discuss anything in any deep way for fear of offending anyone who might choose to take offence. Great for local club scores but a useless waste of time if you actually wanted to debate issues and express a contrary point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DiH

dubliner 2 wrote: »
    No great loss. A cheerleading site where disent from the natural order was not permitted. You couldn't discuss anything in any deep way for fear of offending anyone who might choose to take offence. Great for local club scores but a useless waste of time if you actually wanted to debate issues and express a contrary point of view.

You weren't on the forum when poor auld Gilroy was made manager then!! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

dubliner 2 wrote: »

bart or bongos ?????????????

even though i was banned countless times and was a bit of a hate figure for a cple of mods and users I still read it every day even though I could not partake in discussions about rhino, whelos big white gloves etc................wait that was 2008...................... god if I was around for 2011 there would have been hell to pay :D

• Site Banned Posts: 161 ✭✭John37

On another note why the hell is the county final being played on mONDAY NIGHT? An absolute amazement to me:confused:

• Advertisement

One man's poisin etc etc...

The good far outweighed the bad IMO

John37 wrote: »
    On another note why the hell is the county final being played on mONDAY NIGHT? An absolute amazement to me:confused:

Yep agree fully. Shame really...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Rocheydub wrote: »
    Yep agree fully. Shame really...

Well philly has just had a rub down and hes rearing for monday, if mondays alright for philly its alright for sack....i mean me

• Registered Users Posts: 7 No. 4

Isn't it great for yez all that your names were still available when youse joined!! :mad:

Yes, it's wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 resserbigp

So this is where ressers go when they die, a resser limbo. A terrible pity about the site, the family are fearing withdrawal symptoms, don`t know what happened, but fair play to all that put work into it over the years, you owe nobody nothing.

resserbigp wrote: »
    So this is where ressers go when they die, a resser limbo. A terrible pity about the site, the family are fearing withdrawal symptoms, don`t know what happened, but fair play to all that put work into it over the years, you owe nobody nothing.

Whats up bigp. is there any chance of it making a comeback?? i dont know how to interact wth country folk on dublin gaa :(

Whats up bigp. is there any chance of it making a comeback?? i dont know how to interact wth country folk on dublin gaa :(
    No, idea what happened, but when lads are running a thing like the lads were, they owe no explanation to anybody, Hopefully there will be some sort of a reincarnation, as those of us away had become dependent on it for all reliable info in Dublin GAA circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 1dubincork

Whats up bigp. is there any chance of it making a comeback?? i dont know how to interact wth country folk on dublin gaa frown.png

Hoping the same. Interacting with country folk ? Hopefully next summer and all the way into September ! ;)

resserbigp wrote: »

And what are your family going to do for material for your annual mug?!?! :D

And what are your family going to do for material for your annual mug?!?! :D
    Ah will probably get one of the Dublin senior football champions 2012, not sure if it would look better in green and red or purple and yellow, what do you think?:D

• Advertisement

I think red and green, but that being the colour of my specs, it's not surprising!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Arse Biscuits

All we need now is Clayton

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jjj12

Jesus lads at this rate we will have to go back to the old dubs forum

jjj12 wrote: »
    Jesus lads at this rate we will have to go back to the old dubs forum

Oh sweet baby Jesus NOOOOOOO!
    :rolleyes:

I feel like im in mosney in the asylum seeker part!! good luck to your lads monday rochey, think the whole county is routing for Ballymun

Cheers... We could do with a lorra lorra luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

I feel like im in mosney in the asylum seeker part!! good luck to your lads monday rochey, think the whole county is routing for Ballymun

Apart from the Crokes lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jjj12

Oh sweet baby Jesus NOOOOOOO!
    :rolleyes:
    Was far from the worst place did its job

JazzyJ wrote: »
    Apart from the Crokes lads :D

Ah sure crokes have enough, nice to see a new team win :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭killiank

Hugely hugely positive feeling towards the website. I know the guys have made their call & no one call dispute the service they gave to us all. I remember the odd day when they site was down for a half day & you didnt know what to do with yourself & Here we are 2 days in. With so much positivity & the gap in leaves in all our lives I would have assumed there was someone ouy there who had the technical/legal/commercial know how to get something similar back in action. There obviously is a few months to get something sorted as its unlikely something will be sorted by monday night. For what its worth id love to get involved in some way or other to help put but the fact that the guys have made their call so suddenly & that other sites have gone similar ways (by people who know a lot more about this sort of thing than I do)

Are there interested parties to try & resurrect resdubs & if not available something similar. There is no doubt there is a demand. Im only saying this on the basis that the current mods have washed their hands of it. What they gave us was simply fantastic & sorely missed alreaay.

Advertisement