Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD irritations... ie first world problems! (See Mod Note, 1st post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

ever since the Goat fiasco they're on probation apparently.

I really hope this is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

I really hope this is true.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Xhristy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Oh I know, but that's just what I still call it, just how full the place is is becoming frustrating.

I know, but unless I want to work in a corridor I have a **** off elsewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Digits wrote: »
    Why?

Trees on the Goatstown Road were destroyed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

No repeat exams in August like in other Universities but I think they must be held at the end of the next academic semester. Hopefully I won't be in the situation where I have to avail of them but it must pile on the pressure in the following year (especially the final year) if you get enough credits to progress into it while carrying a subject. Also it must be a big kick in the nuts for those who can't carry their subjects to not have the chance to repeat before the next academic year begins and have to wait a whole year to progress in your studies again. Not really in the best interests of the student as people fail for many different reasons e.g bereavement, illness etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Blacey

I have to send e-mails to myself to get the time:

or you could just search on google for "current time" and google will tell you.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Fad wrote: »
    Oh I know, but that's just what I still call it, just how full the place is is becoming frustrating.

I know, but unless I want to work in a corridor I have a **** off elsewhere...

CSI has to be hands down the worst designed building in UCD. It has no common areas that I've found anyway (Not that I'm there that much) It really could do with some open plan sit down areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Digits wrote: »
    Why?

Because they should be. They acted like idiots and their apology was weak to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

ironclaw wrote: »
    CSI has to be hands down the worst designed building in UCD. It has no common areas that I've found anyway (Not that I'm there that much) It really could do with some open plan sit down areas.

The common areas are the labs, really.

Also the hub was good for chilling - but not any more due to construction work.

Someone should tell the lot that design interiors for ucd that people will flock to designated communal areas if they (A) contain sofas and (B) contain sockets! It's not rocket science.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Someone should tell the lot that design interiors for ucd that people will flock to designated communal areas if they (A) contain sofas and (B) contain sockets! It's not rocket science.

Well should a third level university focus on chilling areas or improve research areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Not when the labs are constantly in use and close at 7 >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Well should a third level university focus on chilling areas or improve research areas?

They can,and often are, one and the same. Whilst one wants the library to be a quiet, clean place for individual private study; good 'chilling areas', particularly ones that aren't situated in the middle of hallways or concourses (i.e. deafening areas) are ideal places for group-work.

+1 Fad - a real headache in the run up to Christmas exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

people on fb on the suas computers

mainly its the recent addition of security to the arts block, i mean theyre all over the place! its like new york airport the day after 9/11!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

sometimes documents aren't sent to the printer and i look like some kind of broke ass when there's a line for the printer and I just key in my id/pin and instantly walk away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

the ridiculously hot receptionist in the health sci being replaced by a computerised kiosk, i never cared about the whole "computers will make humans redundant" thing before

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

That couple wearing the face off each other on a couch in the arts block today.FFS get a room!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

How the cabaret banner on the arts block says 21th to 25th November

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

That couple wearing the face off each other on a couch in the arts block today.FFS get a room!:mad:

Untitled-1.jpg?1288903617

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

No back door in Quinn. It's a pain having to walk all the way round the front when you're coming from Roebuck or the carpark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Stasya_x

The varying temperatures throughout the JJ library
    Freezing cold on first floor some days and boiling on the 4th floor. I really don't know which I hate more..FIND A HAPPY MEDIUM.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

People underlining the same passage of text in a book THREE times and then HIGHLIGHTING it! What the fook like?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

People talking loudly in the computer rooms! shut the F*** up!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

I hate the way Martin Butler just closes and destroys a perfectly good running track in 24 hours with no prior warning. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Those people running around yelling about the track or whatever the hell it was. I hate anything that involves the "be obnoxious" campaign strategy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Davidius wrote: »
    Those people running around yelling about the track or whatever the hell it was. I hate anything that involves the "be obnoxious" campaign strategy.

They gave us heart failure today in a lecture, bursting into theatre L behind the lecturer.

Didn't bother me really, but the lecturer was not impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yeah that happened in a tutorial, I was bored though so it was funny. I was thinking though that like they've dug up the track and it costs €200k-ish (according to the running track thread) to lay a new one, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT GUYZ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

No back door in Quinn. It's a pain having to walk all the way round the front when you're coming from Roebuck or the carpark

Even worse, they have a back door, they just refuse to open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Davidius wrote: »

Turned me completely against them tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭blahblahblah.

Turned me completely against them tbh.

Same!

Advertisement