Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD irritations... ie first world problems! (See Mod Note, 1st post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rebecca1988

WeeBushy wrote: »

thanks! only for arts schools :( **** one!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Well the other libraries are tiny, and not one for every discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jigglypuff

Blackboard/UcdConnect in general has been down for over half an hour whyyyy oh whyyyyyyyyyy :/ Can't access my notes, it's moved way past being just "mildy annoying but sure it'll be back up in a sec". Ridiculous! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

UCDs connection to the internet dropping for half an hour while I'm trying to get work done (to the above, that's why - it's back now)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭justified

UCD connect is down AGAIN argg :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Raphael wrote: »
    UCDs connection to the internet dropping for half an hour while I'm trying to get work done (to the above, that's why - it's back now)

Coming into UCD to do some work I couldn't do from home - then finding the internet was down so I couldn't get the files I needed from home. Two stools - caught between them. -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Stupid daedalus fire. I need to get into my emails to send my lecturer a mail about an exam on saturday. He uses a non ucd email and the only place I have it is in my old mails.

RAWR!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Blacey

Stupid daedalus fire. I need to get into my emails to send my lecturer a mail about an exam on saturday. He uses a non ucd email and the only place I have it is in my old mails.

RAWR!

RAWR indeed, but email is back now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Three nine o'clock exams overall, and other one is on the same day as a 9am, but at 6pm! I think this is payback for having no 9am lectures :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭UnawareCaesar

4 9am lectures a week, 4 9am exams, 9am and 6pm exams one day.

There's got to be some good karma coming my way somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I think 6pm exams might be worse than 9ams (although I haven't sat an exam in UCD yet)...I'm more productive in the morning.
    And, the less time I have to stress out on the day of the exam, the better :p
    My 6pm exam is on a Friday too, so icky!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

If it was possible I would swap to a 6 or 7pm exam, travelling across town to the rds for 9am is a PITA.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I hate 6pm exams - you spend the day worrying about the exam, probably going over the stuff, meaning that you're tired from the revision before the exam even starts! Don't mind 9ams, a pain for those commuting but at least you get the exam out of the way very early. 12-2 is probably the 'perfect' time!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wilde

Due to UCD power outages/repair, you can no longer log on to your UCD account on the computers but you can still log on to UCD connect (so far.) The lads in the Daedalus building don't know when it'll be back up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Blacey wrote: »
    RAWR indeed, but email is back now :D

Too late. I missed the lecturers cut off for emails. Exam is tomorrow. BLEGH!

Also, int he girls bathroom in the library, the dude that was chaning the toilet rolls just through out loads of ones that were half or nearly gone. Bloody stupid considering he could have left them on the shelf for people to dry their hands with. That's what most of the toilet roll goes on anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Jackmcg

must say I found the over-flowing toilets in quinn quite irritating there on thursday.. I walked in and there was bits of sh*te speckled around a 2-cubicle radius without so much as a "wet floor" sign!!

also, the quiet study area is for quiet study- not for handsy foreign students to display their affection while im studying for my exams!
    Untitled-1.jpg?1288903617

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Fucking **** standing in at entrances and exits to escalators, doors, outside the exit turnstiles, inside the entrance turnstile, at the door to the shop, on the stairs, right outside the OUT door, or I saw a guy yesterday sitting on the stairs! All chatting and laughing about nothing but ****. Librocop should kick the **** into them. I saw him the other day roaring at a group of women standing near the entrance turnstile.
    As a rule though, I would have some ex Secret Service boy with a sniper paintball gun. Their clothes would be destroyed, their hair, and it'd leave a nice bruise. They wouldn't be too quick about doing it again.

To the guy that stopped people skipping the queue into the library and told them to go back to the end, I salute you!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fairyprincessx

Campus is not equipped to deal with large volumes of people on Sundays. With Newman closed people have nowhere to sit, and food options are limited too. Bleugh.

Completely off topic, some genius stuck a euro coin to the library steps. Spent my study break watching 3 dozen people try to pick it up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Completely off topic, some genius stuck a euro coin to the library steps. Spent my study break watching 3 dozen people try to pick it up :D

Someone did that coming up to the exams a couple of years ago as well. Very entertaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

^ I fell for it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Haha yeah and all the lads at the bottom of the stairs shouting WEAH! every time someone tried to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭roosky

Digits wrote: »
    Haha yeah and all the lads at the bottom of the stairs shouting WEAH! every time someone tried to pick it up.

guilty to being one of ..."THE LADS"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Ah dammit fell for that as well :o

We'll see who's laughing when I arrive there at 8.30am Monday morning with a screwdriver, +€1 for me thanks! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

SU photo copy bureau will not reopen after Xmas, two of the staff let go. Very annoying as its unlikely some lectures will upload of that material onto blackboard. Was very handy being able to get copies of the relevant reading chapters without having to splash out on the book or wait ages for it to be free in the library!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

When the announcer in the RDS keeps talking after the exam has started about errors to papers , very distracting :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

When the announcer in the RDS keeps talking after the exam has started about errors to papers , very distracting :mad:.

Wear ear plugs in your exams. I always wore them and it was great, the announcer and invigilators constantly walking past don't distract you. Although I would always listen to the beginning of what he was saying in case it was related to my exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Wear ear plugs in your exams. I always wore them and it was great, the announcer and invigilators constantly walking past don't distract you. Although I would always listen to the beginning of what he was saying in case it was related to my exam!

Ye great tip, I started doing this last year and it really help me stay 'in the zone' Very annoying to lose your train of thought when someone sneezes or creaks their chair ect

• Registered Users Posts: 20 titleist91

The guy on the 3rd floor of the library wearing the australia jersey who sniffs every 10 seconds. Impossible to concentrate. Such an ignorant tool. Stay at home if u need to sniff that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

For people in chairs between 239 and 469, two-three-nine and four-six-nine, introduction to principles of obfuscation; Fusc-one-zero-three-oh, paper one, question 17, part a, reads "having", this should read, "had".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

The temptation to take that €1 coin today. Thank god I saw this thread and avoided the "WAHEEEEY" from 'The Lads'.

Advertisement