Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD irritations... ie first world problems! (See Mod Note, 1st post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xxpopopxx

Absolute pricks who goes to the library during the final week where most have exams or trying to finish an assignment and starts blaring music through their earphones and also talking the whole time........ jerks :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rebecca1988

the pure lack of consideration some people have for others trying to do work :(

the people who get a massive pile of books taking up a desk and a half and open about one!!!!

the people that come to he library right before exams and to talk 2 everyone they see, if its not about college work then dont talk! i dont care about your love lives!!!!

wish library cop patrolled health science :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xxpopopxx

I know, swear to god theres somethin wrong with them !

Even worse the other day in the jj library on the second floor, some b*tch for some reason decided to swap the chair to the opposite side the table meaning no one could sit at the table in front and she didnt even use a laptop !! :mad:

I know especially during exam times, but the again I have never seen robo cops round jj though....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Old biddies that want the window your sitting beside in the library closed because its 'cold'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

xxpopopxx wrote: »
    Absolute pricks who goes to the library during the final week where most have exams or trying to finish an assignment and starts blaring music through their earphones and also talking the whole time........ jerks :mad::mad::mad:

First post I saw and its exactly what I was going to post. Do people not check how loud their music is playing. I've asked once in the last week for someone to turn it down and moved places about three times.

There is nothing more annoying than the barely there tinny scratchy sound of music being played loudly through earphones. Drives me absolutely mental!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

My laptop is currently broken so I had to go into Newman to use the SUAS yokes. After 5 minutes of waiting for it to start up the background had the slogan; 'In a rush? Stand up and surf' or something along those lines. If I was in a rush the last thing I'd want to be doing is using one of them :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,519 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

xxpopopxx wrote: »
    but the again I have never seen robo cops round jj though....

Robocop? Fcuk him..it's librocop you want:pac:

Haven't seen him storming around lately either but I saw him with the oul feet resting up on the desk at the entrance office..mans a beast:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

People who insist on sitting on stair cases, get the **** out of my way

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

People who talk on their phones in the library bathrooms, completely oblivious to the fact that they are more than audible to anyone studying near the bathrooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Electric hand dryers should not be in library bathrooms....screw the environment :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

librocop who keeps walking up behind me and looking over my shoulder coz Im in an area of the library where laptops are banned. So now Im not being distracted by a laptop . Instead I'm bein distracted by feckin nosey librocop .

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

Bitchy Mc-Constantly-on-the-rag in the short loan section of JJ who insists on wearing a mask as if she was in danger of contamination

I have crossed paths with her too many times. On another note... talking about First World Problems :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

the women in the post office have to be the rudest employees in UCD!!its unbelievable how grumpy they are...fire the lot i say! Oh and the J1 salespeople around campus, go away as well!!

people leaving there phones on vibrate and on the desk!!! so annoying when there constantly texting and it goes off every 2 minutes!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

Idiots who walk into the library two days in a row after twelve o clock and glower intimidatingly at anyone sitting at a desk with a plug. Of course there aren't any damn plug desks left! Get out of bed like the rest of us or go and jump your laziness is not my problem! He then proceeds to walk around the fourth floor like a lost soul as if someone is going to leave at twelve in the afternoon! Staring you out of it every time he passes. No. I won't get intimidated and move you arrogant son of a *****! Go to hell! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Idiots who walk into the library two days in a row after twelve o clock and glower intimidatingly at anyone sitting at a desk with a plug. Of course there aren't any damn plug desks left! Get out of bed like the rest of us or go and jump your laziness is not my problem! He then proceeds to walk around the fourth floor like a lost soul as if someone is going to leave at twelve in the afternoon! Staring you out of it every time he passes. No. I won't get intimidated and move you arrogant son of a *****! Go to hell! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I seen better than that. A guy watching the office on his laptop while using a plug desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I seen better than that. A guy watching the office on his laptop while using a plug desk.

Guy watching friends beside me is not nearly as annoying as guy staring me out of it when I'm one of the few people actually working in here... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

People who hog the few library desks which have plug sockets and then ignorantly use them to rant on boards instead of actually working :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Thankfully I'm doing an MA and I don't have to go anywhere near JJ over the next few weeks but I hated when absolute contemptible arseholes would leave books/laptops/jumpers on a desk with a plug and then go off for an hour to have their lunch. Getting up at 2AM or having had to drive in from Westport is no excuse!

steddyeddy wrote: »

Guy watching friends beside me is not nearly as annoying as guy staring me out of it when I'm one of the few people actually working in here... :rolleyes:
    You think he would stare the guy out of it who isnt working. Say something to him next time you catch him staring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

It is so hard to do this:

KGM0v.jpg

When nobody uses the 'My Grades' tool on Blackboard

Yeah my lecturers haven't given me half of my CA results :(

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Being blocked from SISWEB for no reason whatsoever so I cannot look at the past papers. *goes into corner to mutter angrily*

Onity wrote: »
    If the people sitting beside you with vibrating phones, loud music blaring through earphones, having the chats for ages with someone about their love life are irritating some of ye so much - why don't you just ask them to stop?

I did one day in the form of Im atrying to f-ing study. It worked some people are just stupid and need to be shouted at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I personally will, and have, told them to shut up but it depends on the person studying and the group/people talking.

There are just some people who if you ask them to either shut up or to be quiet they will take more pleasure in being more annoying and distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Stasya_x

The girl sitting next to be hogging the plug while being on twitter for the last 2 hours straight. YES YOU, I HOPE YOURE READING THIS.

I don't understand this. My mate was moaning earlier in the library about having no plugs whilst I just sat in Quinn with about 5 free spaces around me that had plugs. There are other places to study in ucd.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

When I was an undergrad, I could never do essays in the Library, used to crush my soul. (between the cold and the shouted whispers.. :rolleyes:)

Then I did a Masters, and the masters only section was an absolute godsend when I was working on my thesis. Its away from the rest of the library, has lots of computers/laptop spaces. Only thing is, you need to book it. Well worth it though.

triseke wrote: »
    When I was an undergrad, I could never do essays in the Library, used to crush my soul. (between the cold and the shouted whispers.. :rolleyes:)

Then I did a Masters, and the masters only section was an absolute godsend when I was working on my thesis. Its away from the rest of the library, has lots of computers/laptop spaces. Only thing is, you need to book it. Well worth it though.

in jj!!! what!!! where is it? :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Advertisement