Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD irritations... ie first world problems! (See Mod Note, 1st post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Michael Butler

Seeing The Staff of Kylemore crying all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

assholes who put a coat on a chair and a bag/item on a desk to ''prove'' theres someone sitting there but who never actually use it for hours and hours. Thats what lockers are for.

blackboard
    sis
    blackboard logging out all the time. According to a friend who studied there 5 years ago blackboard logging itself out so quickly didn't always happen

laptop banned areas being empty and being hounded by librocop who went out of his way to look over my shoulder and warn me because I dare quietly read my notes on the laptop in some hidden corner of the banned area even though the whole library floor is empty

coffee and food being banned from the library

The immature careless idiots who probably spilled their coffee and left their rubbish/half eaten food behind on desks causing it therefore to be banned.

That student card scanning machine. Sometimes it works straight away. Other times I'm about to give up after 20 passes when it works.

The building of the new sports centre. It's a pain in the hole to walk around it instead of through it when trying to walk to Newstead.

student union types

Lecturers who do not put all their notes onto blackboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Seeing The Staff of Kylemore crying all the time.
    People with great **** off chips on their shoulder who are only here to try and beat a point home and are going to get themselves banned if they keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

One word... Ucard.

If twenty euro is not sufficient balance to do my washing... >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

Walking through arts at 9 in the morning with all the security gaurds everywhere, giving you the evil eye

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Overature wrote: »
    Walking through arts at 9 in the morning with all the security gaurds everywhere, giving you the evil eye

Is it just me, or do they all look Indian? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Getting up at 7 am on a Thursday morning when its wet and ****ing windy, to go down and stand dead still on the concourse with a poster in your ****ing hand, waiting while the wind blows other posters around, like a commerce girl blowing sabbatical officers or society auditors. Watching tape get tangled and making crappy idle poster conversation with the n00b from whatever half society is doing their only poster run of the year that morning. Waiting for the devil himself to crawl out of a bed and walk down the concourse, taking pleasure in the discomfort of the mortals that walk in his path. Teasing them. Sure, he could tell them to go. Damn right they've been waiting in the cold for 20 minutes for him to say it, but **** it, its meant to be a painful experience, otherwise everyone would do it.

And when all is said and done, the whistle/hoot/nod/shout is given you fun like ****, tape like ****, and curse like **** to get somewhere between 4 and 6 posters up that no one's gonna give a **** about anyway.

I hate postering, more then you can possibly imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Postering is no fun at all! But going for a nice warm coffee and breakfast afterwards in Elements was always part of the tradition, and at least they can't take that away.

Oh wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

errlloyd wrote: »
    And when all is said and done, the whistle/hoot/nod/shout is given you fun like ****, tape like ****, and curse like **** to get somewhere between 4 and 6 posters up that no one's gonna give a **** about anyway.

I hate postering, more then you can possibly imagine.

Sounds enjoyable...

I have always been curious why posters usually have a half dozen duplicates right beside them. Yeah, like I really couldn't work out that there was a debate from the other five adjacent posters... :pac:

I presume it's a struggle by the larger societies to grab as much of the limited poster space as possible; something which should probably be stopped imo. If there wasn't such opportunity for poster space grab, wouldn't it reduce the stress of the postering in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

People who whisper in the JJ library. If you want to talk, go outside.

People who move books on shelves, so that they are not where they should be when I go looking for them.

People, generally at BA level, who start chatting and packing their bags when there is still time left in the lecture. Could you be anymore of a rude, ignorant little tw*t?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

People, generally at BA level, who start chatting and packing their bags when there is still time left in the lecture. Could you be anymore of a rude, ignorant little tw*t?!

HATE this. I'm doing a module in Milennium Development Goals and ppl do this all the time as well as talking in groups for the whole lecture. I don't know what it is about that particular class but people are so rude in it its unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Waiting for the devil himself to crawl out of a bed and walk down the concourse, taking pleasure in the discomfort of the mortals that walk in his path. Teasing them. Sure, he could tell them to go. Damn right they've been waiting in the cold for 20 minutes for him to say it, but **** it, its meant to be a painful experience, otherwise everyone would do it.

That man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

People who tap their feet during lectures. Why??

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Sounds enjoyable...

I have always been curious why posters usually have a half dozen duplicates right beside them. Yeah, like I really couldn't work out that there was a debate from the other five adjacent posters... :pac:

I presume it's a struggle by the larger societies to grab as much of the limited poster space as possible; something which should probably be stopped imo. If there wasn't such opportunity for poster space grab, wouldn't it reduce the stress of the postering in general?

I love postering ! Wakes you right up in the morning, and you need to have tactics when postering we only ever had 3 or 4 people postering for FADS but we paired up with smaller socities to cover more ground

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Aggressive cyclists on the campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

People who stand on the ramps around campus - outta the way, cyclemobile coming through

Actually, here's one that really pisses me off.
    There is literally 0% phone reception in Roebuck Castle residences, and less than 20% I'd say in Roebuck Halls. How the hell did they manage that while they were building them?!

Actually, here's one that really pisses me off.
    There is literally 0% phone reception in Roebuck Castle residences, and less than 20% I'd say in Roebuck Halls. How the hell did they manage that while they were building them?!

Theres dodgy reception in the student bar too . Plus apparently theres never been soap in the bar's bathroom soap dispenser since the place was built.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Girls that wear heels to college. Seriously wtf!

The temperamental library entrance machines

People who are actually incapable of using above machines

psychward wrote: »
    Theres dodgy reception in the student bar too . Plus apparently theres never been soap in the bar's bathroom soap dispenser since the place was built.

And lets not forget the two sinks in the lads' jacks that have been broken and/or missing since last year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

stop wrote: »
    People who stand on the ramps around campus - outta the way, cyclemobile coming through

does my nut in. people walking up the ramps instead of the steps on the concourse and they look at you funny when you are waiting at the top as they take 20 minutes to get there. use the steps you gob****es! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xxpopopxx

-Dopes who goes out through the "in" door and out through the "in". Does my absolute head in, then they stare at you like you were wrong to bump into them like wtf!?
    -The constant stench in the girl's toilets in Newman on the ground floor even though I constantly see cleaners there
    -The dryers in the same toilet, can never put my hands under there for more than 5 seconds without burning my hands
    -The way we can only get a can(not even a bottle) of coke in the SU bar on the whole campus(ridic as Pepsi's sh*te)
    -The small soup bowls in the restaurant, always spills!
    -People who think just because they're whispering makes it ok in the library, no it's worse as you hear all your "s" sounds!! Go outside to talk if you and your mates are gonna be there chatting for more than 5 mins, jerks
    -Overpriced food and in general all basically tastes like muk (apart from the soup which is tolerable and cheap enough)
    -Teachers who don't put up all the slides on blackboard yet never leave enough time in class to take notes down

xxpopopxx wrote: »
    -The dryers in the same toilet, can never put my hands under there for more than 5 seconds without burning my hands

My experience with dryers is that they cut off every 1/3 of a second so trying to keep them flowing to dry your hands is a PITA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Xhristy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Whatever course they're running in the 3rd year lab is a pain in the arse, it's somewhere where I can generally go and it's quiet enough, but not atm...

Also, how early the building closes is pretty frustrating >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

xxpopopxx wrote: »
    -The way we can only get a can(not even a bottle) of coke in the SU bar on the whole campus(ridic as Pepsi's sh*te)

A friend told me the Ag shop, run by AgSoc sell coke. If so I have a new favourite society on campus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

A friend told me the Ag shop, run by AgSoc sell coke. If so I have a new favourite society on campus.

Presuming they survive as a Soc for much longer, ever since the Goat fiasco they're on probation apparently.

Girls that wear heels to college. Seriously wtf!

ah come on . eye candy is one of the things that makes exam time bearable ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

The sports cafe sells coke too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Presuming they survive as a Soc for much longer, ever since the Goat fiasco they're on probation apparently.

Theres an Ag night tonight so there back on track.

Advertisement