Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD irritations... ie first world problems! (See Mod Note, 1st post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

People shouting about politics.

'THERE'S ALWAYS BEEN A CLEAR DIVIDE BETWEEN NORTH AND SOUTH GOING BACK TO THE CELTIC TIMES'

I've no problem with people discussing politics but you know, don't be so arrogant about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

No time on the library computers... my phone's given up the gun on time so I have to send e-mails to myself to get the time.

The Roebuck Run. Roebuck itself. It's inconvient to walk from where I live to and an annoying to walk across UCD too. Then three flights of winding stairs to my tutorials. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

The Roebuck Run. Roebuck itself. It's inconvient to walk from where I live to and an annoying to walk across UCD too. Then three flights of winding stairs to my tutorials. :rolleyes:

I know a guy who had to walk from Engineering to Newstead within 10 minutes, which is even longer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The lattes from the SU shop under the library are too hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

The lattes from the SU shop under the library are too hot!

Not to mention SU Coffee is pure and utter garbage. First roast off cuts. I drink coffee every day and its the only coffee that gives me heartburn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

I know a guy who had to walk from Engineering to Newstead within 10 minutes, which is even longer!

Urgh god rather him than me! Checked the map, it's so annoyingly twisty going there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭blahblahblah.

1. The new services set up, only being able to book rooms in ag. Not being able to have food or drink (non alcoholic) in any building bar the student centre...unless this has been changed??

2. How all the first years where given first picks on locker, 2nd year + have more books!

3. The lack of plugs in the library

4. The lack off food cheap food

5. The **** that the restaurant claims is food.

6. the price of books

7. the su print braking down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

ironclaw wrote: »
    Not to mention SU Coffee is pure and utter gorrbage. First roast off cuts. I drink coffee every day and its the only coffee that gives me heartburn.

FYP ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

lecture notes not being on blackboard until after the lecture

the health science being lobby being worse to get through than coppers from 11am-2pm

having to scan student card to get out of library

• Registered Users Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

spagboll wrote: »
    having to scan student card to get out of library

+1

If I didn't have a student card how the fcuk would I have gotten in? I didn't cease to be a student while in the library.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

People not knowing anything about History yet talking like they know the "facts".
    Perhaps taking a history or Celtic Civ class would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Blay wrote: »
    +1

If I didn't have a student card how the fcuk would I have gotten in? I didn't cease to be a student while in the library.

Maybe it's to stop people from losing their cards in the library?
    I've lost count of the amount of library cards I found jammed into books as bookmarks in the council library

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The walking shelter thingies end before the restaurant - end up getting soaked going in and out of Quinn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Badly set up drainage meaning the walkway area is flooded out in several places.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The queue to get into the library today..at one stage there were 3 rows, each the length of the lobby there waiting to go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

The queue to get into the library today..at one stage there were 3 rows, each the length of the lobby there waiting to go in.

Yeah what the hell was going on?? I know the left turnstile was broken but even still the queue was to the door!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Cycling home today (even though it isn't UCD's fault)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Stasya_x

The mature students who thought it was totally ok to skip the massive queue for the library today. Took great pleasure in calling them out on it when they tried to go in front of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Stasya_x wrote: »
    The mature students who thought it was totally ok to skip the massive queue for the library today. Took great pleasure in calling them out on it when they tried to go in front of me.

G'wan ya good thing! :P

Would have loved if someone yelled "no privileges here, gramps- this ain't the bus!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

+1

It's to stop multiple people going in on the same card. If you photocopied/handed back your card to your friend then they could also get in. It's also so that they know when the last person leaves the library at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Anyone see the flooding at the side of Belgove (behind the library)? Theres a merc stuck in the flood atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

delayed notifications about closures that were no doubt going to hear tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

L wrote: »
    Badly set up drainage meaning the walkway area is flooded out in several places.

UCD is actually well known for having appallingly bad drainage in most of it's older areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

The guy beside me right now in the library with the heaviest breeding possible. Also I can hear his music. Also that I didn't start my essays earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

there's a guy actually breeding next to you? IN THE LIBRARY??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

The guy beside me right now in the library with the heaviest breeding possible. Also I can hear his music. Also that I didn't start my essays earlier.

Giggidy giggidy goo.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

there's a guy actually breeding next to you? IN THE LIBRARY??

Those damn vetinary students...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

The not-very-competent doctor in the health centre. I had to remind her to ask me if I was on any medication!
    She just said she presumed I wasn't :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

EmilyO wrote: »
    The not-very-competent doctor in the health centre. I had to remind her to ask me if I was on any medication!
    She just said she presumed I wasn't :confused:

Nice... I tend to go in and tell them what's wrong with me and what I need. The last one I saw asked me why I was there if I already knew. I can't write a prescription. Idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Nice... I tend to go in and tell them what's wrong with me and what I need. The last one I saw asked me why I was there if I already knew. I can't write a prescription. Idiots.

That's ridiculous. I was telling my bf about it and he was like 'Go to a real doctor' :pac:

Advertisement