Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD irritations... ie first world problems! (See Mod Note, 1st post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

The fact that our ridiculously slow invigilator managed to give my entire row the wrong paper (even though the three of us at the top had our hands up within ten seconds) and then proceeded to correct her mistake by giving us ANOTHER wrong paper! :mad: Ten minutes into the exam I finally got to start! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

People who insist on stopping on the STAIRS to have a conversation, it is the most impractical and annoying place in the world to chat!

The computers on the first floor of the library.About 3 of them aren't working,then you have wagons who use the few ones that are working to go on Facebook!And then keep on using it even when they know you're waiting for one!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

For people in chairs between 239 and 469, two-three-nine and four-six-nine, introduction to principles of obfuscation; Fusc-one-zero-three-oh, paper one, question 17, part a, reads "having", this should read, "had".

That chap must be one helluva troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

People who insist on stopping on the STAIRS to have a conversation, it is the most impractical and annoying place in the world to chat!

The computers on the first floor of the library.About 3 of them aren't working,then you have wagons who use the few ones that are working to go on Facebook!And then keep on using it even when they know you're waiting for one!:mad:
    Why are you using library computers? Get a laptop or go to Daedelus. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KittyPot

The loss of Elements and Starbucks
    The fact that its now impossible to get into science without walking all the way around all the buildings first (damn building sites)
    The loss of the shop in science :(
    First years who seem to need to travel in herds and be ridiculously noisy ALL the time...
    The fact that theres no longer any way to find services people in science, (unless you dare try to stay in one of the buildings past half 7!) :o
    And last but not least, the horribly sad fact of the HUBs upcoming demolition :(

Phew, always good to vent! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

KittyPot wrote: »
    The loss of Elements and Starbucks
    The fact that its now impossible to get into science without walking all the way around all the buildings first (damn building sites)
    The loss of the shop in science :(
    First years who seem to need to travel in herds and be ridiculously noisy ALL the time...
    The fact that theres no longer any way to find services people in science, (unless you dare try to stay in one of the buildings past half 7!) :o
    And last but not least, the horribly sad fact of the HUBs upcoming demolition :(

Phew, always good to vent! :)

Whens the hub being knocked down :(

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Whens the hub being knocked down :(

Well, its gonna be closed after christmas from what we've been told! Then they're going to slowly knock it down and rebuild and "upgrade" it over the next while :(
    The same thing they did with the chemistry building over the last 2 years, but much much sadder!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

KittyPot wrote: »
    Well, its gonna be closed after christmas from what we've been told! Then they're going to slowly knock it down and rebuild and "upgrade" it over the next while :(
    The same thing they did with the chemistry building over the last 2 years, but much much sadder!

That is sad! The hub has a lot of nice memories attached to it!

It really does!
    Im really gonna miss it! There wont be any place for all the science people to gather and be odd together anymore! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

not being allowed take my pencil case into exams. Instead I have my hands full to overflowing with a drink , my keys , my cash , some energy food and a drink plus a ruler and calculator and pens . Damn cheaters make life awkward for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

psychward wrote: »
    not being allowed take my pencil case into exams. Instead I have my hands full to overflowing with a drink , my keys , my cash , some energy food and a drink plus a ruler and calculator and pens . Damn cheaters make life awkward for everyone

Get an empty A4 plastic sheet and put all your stationary in it like I do! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

People who don't sort out their print jobs before going to print and spend ages downloading and editing on the print computer.

UCD's insistence on changing printing every couple of years, but demanding we keep old systems there for people who can't adapt. Hence Ricoh, Emos and Ucard.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭UnawareCaesar

Pockets are your friends

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Why are you using library computers? Get a laptop or go to Daedelus. :confused:

It was a Sunday night.But that's not the point!Get with the rant man!

Pockets are your friends

Those are full too . Its like going through Heathrow Airport security :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I put mine in my coat pocket, nobody has ever said anything once inside. Had it searched last semester which i didn't mind but a bit bloody distracting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Pockets are your friends

Those are full too . Its like going through Heathrow Airport security :D

Zip lock freezer bag? Really if your carrying them in your hands it ain't UCD being awkward.

ironclaw wrote: »
    Zip lock freezer bag? Really if your carrying them in your hands it ain't UCD being awkward.

Thats my new plan. It's awkward compared to when I did my first degree and when I turned up at the RDS I really had no idea it had become so paranoid so I wasnt expecting it. It was paranoid before but not to this extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

They do seem to have more people around the doors and walking around than last year, but Ive never been searched.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

100% percent of module grade on a single paper :mad:

I now hate them with a passion

• Advertisement

They do seem to have more people around the doors and walking around than last year, but Ive never been searched.

I never understood how they can do anything about someone who goes for a long dump Mr Bean style and has the notes inside his jockstrap or where the sun don't shine. They will have to be introducing body cavity searches next or x ray scanners if they are really serious.

I never understood how they can do anything about someone who goes for a long dump Mr Bean style and has the notes inside his jockstrap or where the sun don't shine. They will have to be introducing body cavity searches next or x ray scanners if they are really serious.

I do exams in UCD, they randomise the ****ing toilets you go to.

errlloyd wrote: »
    I do exams in UCD, they randomise the ****ing toilets you go to.

I've never had to take a dump during an exam so maybe they anal probe you but I've never heard of it LOL
    As far as I know they can't force you to take a dump in public therefore at some point you have absolute privacy in a cubicle with whatever cheat sheet you managed to shove up your anal cavity or taped to the inside of your jockstrap :pac: . So how does it matter which toilet you go to ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

They take note of how long you're in for, and that's noted with your exam. If a C- student takes a 20 minute bathroom break, then gets an A+ on the exam, eyebrows will raise.

I've never had to take a dump during an exam so maybe they anal probe you but I've never heard of it LOL
    As far as I know they can't force you to take a dump in public therefore at some point you have absolute privacy in a cubicle with whatever cheat sheet you managed to shove up your anal cavity or taped to the inside of your jockstrap :pac: . So how does it matter which toilet you go to ? :D

Oh it doesn't except it would be completely impossible to put notes in the roof tiles or something. It just annoys me cause sometimes you end up walking pretty far to the bathroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

To be fair though, if you're so ****ed for an exam that you have to resort to this you'll probably do rubbish anyway. How much can you learn during a toilet break that you didn't already know.

Raphael wrote: »
    They take note of how long you're in for, and that's noted with your exam. If a C- student takes a 20 minute bathroom break, then gets an A+ on the exam, eyebrows will raise.

Interesting but how can they make an accusation stick without explicit proof ?
    errlloyd wrote: »
    . It just annoys me cause sometimes you end up walking pretty far to the bathroom.

Sometimes it's a good excuse to stretch your legs for a minute if you have an equation or idea on the tip of your tongue and can't just get it out there onto paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭seXmym0nkey

Just write notes on your legs and sit down to take a ****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

internet-memes-first-world-problems-its-taking-forever-to-close.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Rough. That is rough.

Advertisement