Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex on her period???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

i'm female and i do it, it doesn't bother me
    EI_Flyboy wrote: »
    the one thing that stands out the most was where someone stated "attack the post, not the poster."
    Yet it was ok for you to tell people whom you don't know that they have body issues and are prudes because they'd just rather not penetrate a vagina while blood (and it's not "smooth" blood) is coming out of it? And not everyone is bothered with the hassle of the mess.
    Write an obnoxious post, don't expect a pleasant response.
    When someone asks a question and gets "because" as an answer, I find that lacking in thought and substance.
    Find away. Not everything has to have a deep explanation. Most folks find faecal matter unappealing, and vomit... and menstrual blood. Nothing more. It's personal preference, yet you're telling people their preference is wrong, just because it's not the same as yours? :confused:
    I know many people find some of my opinions irksome but you can be pretty sure I've actually put some thought into them. Also, when I'm proved wrong, I actually take it onboard and modify or change my opinion which I find is something that very few who give the "just because" type answer are seldom capable of.
    More of the passive-aggressive, presumptuous insulting. Oh I put a lot of thought into things actually - I just don't try to look all intellectual and find hidden meaning where they're not warranted. Sometimes a "just because" is a perfectly reasonable answer.
    I also feel that if you haven't got something helpfull or constructive to say beyond personal insult, it should be kept to yourself.
    What personal insult? We all know what insults you doled out - now, your turn to tell us what ones of which you were on the receiving end?
    Personally I think a lot of people feel what comes out of their body is manky is due to a distorted view from centuries of Catholicism and the backward views of Leviticus it imposed on it's flock.
    Personally, I think that's applicable to some sexual stuff but WAY over-used by people who are trying to look intellectual. So... finding vomit disgusting is due to being a repressed catholic?

I thought subscribing to Leviticus was more puritannical/evangelical christian than catholic by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Never had a problem with it tbh, done it a few times, just stick the all weather gear on :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

i'm male,don't like the thought so have never tried it
    Personally I think a lot of people feel what comes out of their body is manky is due to a distorted view from centuries of Catholicism and the backward views of Leviticus it imposed on it's flock. That's just what i think though, maybe I'm over-thinking it but ya know, I did actually think about it! :D

That's fine. That's what you think. Great.

Some people don't like blood though, in the same way as others don't like, I dunno, Chinese food or animals. People have preferences. Not liking blood doesn't mean that a person has issues or a 'distorted view'. Come on, seriously?!

Btw, I have had sex during my period and have no real problem with it, nor do I find blood disgusting so I'm not saying this as someone who feels attacked by you.

Same here - I've done so too, but I prefer to try and be broad-minded and look at things from other people's points of view.
    Yeah, some people don't like eating meat or sea-food or going to music festivals, but it's always only when it comes to anything that's sexual or body-related that the "Hang-ups/issues" cat-calls start...

A really sexually uninhibited/experimental person may not want period blood present during sex - folks vary...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Dudess wrote: »

What personal insult? We all know what insults you doled out - now, your turn to tell us what ones of which you were on the receiving end?

I think questioning the well thought out opinion in the posters original post, and having the audacity not to accept it as unalterable truth, is being received as insult :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

Giselle wrote: »
    I think questioning the well thought out opinion in the posters original post, and having the audacity not to accept it as unalterable truth, is being received as insult :P

Either that or being told to get a grip! :P

To me, the view seems to involve no thought actually, other than "You dislike a particular sexual practice - derrrrrrrrp, you're repressed, and it's the church!"
    Either that or being told to get a grip! :P
    "Get a grip" is not an insult...

To me, the view seems to involve no thought actually, other than "You dislike a particular sexual practice - derrrrrrrrp, you're repressed, and it's the church!"

"Get a grip" is not an insult...

Yawn... I'm not going to bother arguing in circles with you.

While the Church is definitely responsible for enormous suffering in terms of repression and self hatred, its grip has loosened to a limp handshake over the last 20 or so years.

There comes a point when it becomes a bit lazy to explain away everything with 'The Church did it'.

Preference doesn't = repression, and its a lazy assumption.

Does 'Yawn' mean you have nothing constructive to back up your opinions and assumptions with?

While the Church is definitely responsible for enormous suffering in terms of repression and self hatred, its grip has loosened to a limp handshake over the last 20 or so years.
    There comes a point when it becomes a bit lazy to explain away everything with 'The Church did it'.
    Preference doesn't = repression, and its a lazy assumption.
    Does 'Yawn' mean you have nothing constructive to back up your opinions and assumptions with?

So you don't reckon that having a particular viewpoint enforced on a culture is going to leave any lasting marks upon it? You're saying that once the Church looses it's control, all it's influence it has brought to bare over the centuries disappears overnight...? I don't, I think if you tell a people that they're filthy sinners from cradle to grave for several generations, that it might take several more generations to reverse the damage that that has caused, certainly a lot longer than twenty years. According to the bible, menstruation and painfull childbirth were inflicted on woman as a punishment and that every month at that time of the month, they and everything/everyone they touch are filthy. I fail to see how thinking that that point of view would have an affect on a culture is lazy thinking.

Yawn means I'm too lazy to argue with someone who believes that I shouldn't find being told I have no grip on reality in any way insulting. I don't have the energy to waste on people who fail or refuse to see the obvious. I believe such arguments only serve to spam up the boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

^^ I never knew the bible said that and I don't think my dislike to having sex while I've my period ANYTHING to do with the Catholic church! I do think it has something to do with my dislike of the blood that comes out and how it's all clotted with dark red clumps and just not pleasant to see / experience! I've no body issues (mostly) I just don't see a need to share my period with anyone.

So you don't reckon that having a particular viewpoint enforced on a culture is going to leave any lasting marks upon it? You're saying that once the Church looses it's control, all it's influence it has brought to bare over the centuries disappears overnight...? I don't, I think if you tell a people that they're filthy sinners from cradle to grave for several generations, that it might take several more generations to reverse the damage that that has caused, certainly a lot longer than twenty years. According to the bible, menstruation and painfull childbirth were inflicted on woman as a punishment and that every month at that time of the month, they and everything/everyone they touch are filthy. I fail to see how thinking that that point of view would have an affect on a culture is lazy thinking.

Yawn means I'm too lazy to argue with someone who believes that I shouldn't find being told I have no grip on reality in any way insulting. I don't have the energy to waste on people who fail or refuse to see the obvious. I believe such arguments only serve to spam up the boards.

You're assuming the church and all its teachings had a uniformly iron grip on the behaviours and attitudes of this generation of people. Its not true. The church had very little influence on plenty of peoples lives, including my parents, and didn't have any bearing on mine growing up. At all.

You just can't make blanket statements like that. Generally in Ireland, perhaps two generations ago, the church had an influence on how people thought of, and conducted their sexual lives. You can't pull it out in 2011 and throw it at people under 30 and expect them to accept it.

The church once had a grip on Irish culture that was all consuming. It shaped attitudes and self images and opinions.

It quite patently does not now.
    I'm not the one failing to see the obvious.

I do believe its lazy thinking to say that everyone who has preference for blood free sex is a victim of church inflicted attitudes, has body issues, and if they don't agree with how you see these connections, blind to the obvious.

Arrogant is another word I'd also use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

To give the devil his due, regardless of whether we or our parents were religious, the Catholic Church has played an enormous role in the creation of modern Irish society. Simply by being here, we are feeling the effects of what it is like to be in a society where the Catholic Church has been a vital element.

I disagree with most of what Flyboy says, but that part is true to an extent (not to the extent he says though as times have indeed changed).

Also, when I say "Catholic Church", I'm referring to the specific brand we had in Ireland.

Anyway, this is very OT, even for Boards!

You're assuming the church and all its teachings had a uniformly iron grip on the behaviours and attitudes of this generation of people. Its not true. The church had very little influence on plenty of peoples lives, including my parents, and didn't have any bearing on mine growing up. At all.

You just can't make blanket statements like that. Generally in Ireland, perhaps two generations ago, the church had an influence on how people thought of, and conducted their sexual lives. You can't pull it out in 2011 and throw it at people under 30 and expect them to accept it.

The church once had a grip on Irish culture that was all consuming. It shaped attitudes and self images and opinions.

It quite patently does not now.
    I'm not the one failing to see the obvious.

I do believe its lazy thinking to say that everyone who has preference for blood free sex is a victim of church inflicted attitudes, has body issues, and if they don't agree with how you see these connections, blind to the obvious.

Arrogant is another word I'd also use.

I never said the church had a uniform grip and neither did I say my opinion applies to everyone. Please don't put words in my mouth because what I say offends you.

The church has had centuries to influence our culture, that's going to take more than a couple of decades to reverse. People are quite capable of holding opinions they know not the origins of. All it takes is a look of disgust from an authority figure for a child to learn an attitude or behaviour. I know there are schools out there where the teachers are of an older generation and are happily passing along their attitudes that women are second class citizens. The denial of these things only serves to reinforce them by allowing them to continue unchecked as it's impossible to protect against something you deny exists.

People are quite capable of holding opinions they know not the origins of.

The denial of these things only serves to reinforce them by allowing them to continue unchecked as it's impossible to protect against something you deny exists.

Its great we have people like you to tell us why we hold our opinions. Thanks.

I've never denied anything exists.

However, I'm not going to assume things DO exist, in the minds of strangers, on an internet forum. That would be very arrogant of me.

Some people just don't like blood. Its sticky, messy, and believe me, its a bastard to get out of sheets. I'm not keen on how it looks smeared all over me either. Sometimes its that simple.

Not everything is some great Catholic conspiracy to keep up repressed and oppressed.

Sometimes it is, but not all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

I've been involved in some racier than racy sexual encounters, would be far from the prude. I've been elbows deep in a persons abdominal cavity, had my hand around a beating heart, been spattered with all sorts of bodily fluids and much much more.

I don't like and don't do sex while a girl is on her period. None of the girls I've ever been with have ever wanted me to either, and not because I voiced my opinion first, as I'm always very careful on that no matter what the situation. In fact I was quite surprised to see how many girls posted here with no issue at all about it, but sure, horses for courses I guess

people just don't like blood. Its sticky, messy, and believe me, its a bastard to get out of sheets.

Some have suggested putting down a towel to save the sheets! I think you've said everything else before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i'm male, tried it and didn't like it
    Never had, couldn't even we wanted to, don't think either of us would want to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭seenitall

Dr Galen wrote: »
    I've been involved in some racier than racy sexual encounters, would be far from the prude. I've been elbows deep in a persons abdominal cavity, had my hand around a beating heart, been spattered with all sorts of bodily fluids and much much more.

:eek: Holy moley!

Are you sure you're not confusing a sex act with open-heart surgery!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I don't like and don't do sex while a girl is on her period. None of the girls I've ever been with have ever wanted me to either, and not because I voiced my opinion first, as I'm always very careful on that no matter what the situation. In fact I was quite surprised to see how many girls posted here with no issue at all about it, but sure, horses for courses I guess
    Can you add a poll to this thread Doctor?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Can you add a poll to this thread Doctor?

I agree a poll would be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

ok folks let's get back on topic, which is whether you like sex with a girl who has her period. no more catholic church talk. no further warnings.

I've been involved in some racier than racy sexual encounters, would be far from the prude. I've been elbows deep in a persons abdominal cavity, had my hand around a beating heart, been spattered with all sorts of bodily fluids and much much more

jaysus. what kinda sex do you be havin'?!

sam34 wrote: »
    ok folks let's get back on topic, which is whether you like sex with a girl who has her period. no more catholic church talk. no further warnings.
    I hope I'm not going to get a ban for this, but can you add a poll to this.
    I'm a girl and I have sex during my pediod
    I'm a girl and I don't have sex during my pediod
    I'm a man and I have sex during my pediod
    I'm a man and I don't have sex during my pediod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

It would also be good to get perspective on who's tried it or not in conjunction with these options.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

sam34 wrote: »
    jaysus. what kinda sex do you be havin'?!

I was on the phone and there's a bit missing in-between. I think I might have deleted it!

mnothere wrote: »
    What's disingenuous is comparing kissing to penetration.
    But that's not the angle. Strobe was saying he likes having sex with a woman, but that doesn't mean he still likes it when period blood is present (and nowt wrong with that) - in the same way that he likes kissing, but wouldn't like it when phlegm is present. That's a good analogy IMO. I don't think there's anything wrong with comparing menstrual blood with phlegm - how come people are sick at the thought of used tampons/sanitary towels? It's not an appealing substance, and probably full of bacteria. I'm not saying it fills me with disgust when I menstruate - I'm indifferent to it, but if a man doesn't want to share the stuff with me, I understand, and won't take offence. I certainly won't be precious about my womanhood or whatever. Why should menstrual blood have some sort of sacredness attached to it because it's part of being a woman?
    Yawn means I'm too lazy to argue with someone who believes that I shouldn't find being told I have no grip on reality in any way insulting.
    I didn't say anything about reality. :confused:
    "Get a grip" is just a phrase - and was based on the insults you were throwing at people, apropos some notion in your head.
    I don't have the energy to waste on people who fail or refuse to see the obvious.
    What obvious? That a distaste for substances that come out of the body such as vomit, faecal matter, phlegm and menstrual blood is the result of body issues and repression? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight... ;)
    There are of course things that are the result of body issues and repression, but really... not the above. Far more pressing and worthwhile things to focus on than those.
    Please don't put words in my mouth because what I say offends you.
    She wasn't offended... :confused:

Typing stuff that you just assume isn't doing much for your arguments - neither does saying "yawn". It just blatantly looks as though you're unable to construct a counter-argument.

as requested, poll added :)

Can we get a poll up there?
    Ya could have phrased it differently - you really could! :pac:

• Advertisement

Ya could have phrased it differently - you really could! :pac:
    Lol, It did cross my mind after. I even originally made a typo and said "pole".
    I think I need some sex education again after this post.
    I also told someone looking to build muscle in the health and fitness forum to get lots of milf into them.
    What's wrong with my mind!

I think the poll would get more replies if it had been private.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement