Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex on her period???

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

oh god, can the gender wars get any more depressing?

your semen/period blood is more/less/equally disgusting/repulsive
    as my semen/period blood

the debate has devolved to it's lowest common denominational point, we've reached the last possible argument -nothing more can divide us (although we can of course repeat the same old arguments)

there is literally nothing left for us to achieve oneupmanship/oneupwomanship in....that's it.we've exhausted the last possible gender difference, now let's all be friends again and start over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

i'm male,don't like the thought so have never tried it
    OP here, was very interesting reading everyones opinions on this subject. Personal choice is the key, no right or wrongs here. Cheers for an enlightening read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

i'm female and i do it, it doesn't bother me
    Giselle wrote: »
    The use of the term slime is objectionable.

Dictionary definition :

1. soft runny mud or any sticky substance esp. when disgusting or unpleasant,

2. a thick, sticky substance produced by some fish, slugs, and fungi,
    Old English slīm

My personal fluids are not 'slime', in any colour.:(
    Tbh, I've no prob saying menstrual blood is a bit gunky... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

i'm male,don't like the thought so have never tried it
    Yes but by slime they mean the normal fluid which is present in the vagina.
    Ok it varies over the course of the month esp if a woman is not on hormonal contraception
    and the body makes more of it as lube when a woman is turned on.
    But really using the terms slime is just as a bad as calling Vag snot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Sharrow wrote: »
    Vag snot.

*Vom* :(

• Advertisement

Sharrow wrote: »
    Vag snot.
    :pac:

To be fair, there is mucus contained therein. Noice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

i'm male and i do it, it doesn't bother me
    Have done it in the past. Not a fan. Would certainly prefer to refrain when possible.

Don't really get the 'it's only another bodily fluid' argument. So is mucous and urine etc... Seeing a difference between bodily fluids in different contexts seems reasonable enough to me. Don't have much of a problem with someone else's saliva in my mouth (obviously) but I can't imagine I (or many others) would be in too much of a hurry to passionately kiss someone that was hacking up balls of phlegm mid kiss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

That is rather strange is it not? Somehow shit = not gross, but period blood? Eeeeeeeew! :rolleyes:

Where exactly has anybody actually said "shit = not gross, but period blood"? The question was asked if some people like anal sex (to which very few people have actually responded). That is not exactly the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

johnayo wrote: »
    Some ladies can be very horny at this time. I'd go for it no bother, once she is ok with it.:D

Very true :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

More than one person has said they'd do anal if the girl was on her.period.

No one is discussing giving a woman oral on her period, so not sure why kissing someone who's hacking up phlegm is being mentioned.

To me it seems like women might be reacting more to the immaturity. When you have children, you have to deal with shit and pies and vomit and snot and you don't get to say, "No, I'm sorry my infant child, but you're gross right now so I'll see you later." Not that its the same, but there is a component of immaturity involved, especially when hyperbolic and ignorant comments are made about what really is no big deal. (Gushing, pumping, etc vs. the reality, for example. Also debris, slime, etc. It's hard not to imagine these descriptions being more suited to a schoolyard tbh.)

• Advertisement

imnothere wrote: »
    No one is discussing giving a woman oral on her period, so not sure why kissing someone who's hacking up phlegm is being mentioned.
    I thought it was clear - Strobe used it in a comparative sense in relation to all the "Ah shur it's just another bodily fluid" or "It's just a bit of blood" comments... which are completely disingenuous IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Seriously no! I can be squeamish! Off limits, wouldn't do it on mine. Be too sore so wouldn't not ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

Wow. There are a lot of people about with serious body issues. I can see a lot of people have a huge problem with it but they don't seem to have an answer for why beyond "it's dirty" or "gross" and to some all bodily fluids are dirty, icky, somewhat unsavoury. Where does such an attitude come from? Personally I think such attitudes are far more harmfull than anything that might come out of our bodies.

Most anything wet and sticky can be cleaned off with tissues, babywipes, damp towel or a shower. If something smells bad when it comes out of you, it's your diet or you're ill. If it smells really gross, that's because what goes in your mouth smells really gross or again, you're ill. For those who say that they're not squeamish or prudish, I'm sorry but actually you are. Accept that fact gracefully and live with it or change. For anyone else who is unsure, there's nothing dirty about your body or anything that comes out of your body so long as it's dealt with sensibly and hygienically(i.e. don't scratch your eye after taking a dump). Such attitudes are harmfull and should be nipped in the bud before they're passed on to ruin further generations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

EI_Flyboy wrote: »
    Wow. There are a lot of people about with serious body issues. I can see a lot of people have a huge problem with it but they don't seem to have an answer for why beyond "it's dirty" or "gross" and to some all bodily fluids are dirty, icky, somewhat unsavoury. Where does such an attitude come from? Personally I think such attitudes are far more harmfull than anything that might come out of our bodies.

Most anything wet and sticky can be cleaned off with tissues, babywipes, damp towel or a shower. If something smells bad when it comes out of you, it's your diet or you're ill. If it smells really gross, that's because what goes in your mouth smells really gross or again, you're ill. For those who say that they're not squeamish or prudish, I'm sorry but actually you are. Accept that fact gracefully and live with it or change. For anyone else who is unsure, there's nothing dirty about your body or anything that comes out of your body so long as it's dealt with sensibly and hygienically(i.e. don't scratch your eye after taking a dump). Such attitudes are harmfull and should be nipped in the bud before they're passed on to ruin further generations.

You would want to rein in that high horse when posting here in future my friend.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and everyone has personal preferences so less of the psycho analysis/insinuations about other posters in this thread please.

Id also advise you to familiarise with our charter that can be found here before posting here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I am female and I have periods,
    I have bloody, clot filled blood smelling periods
    , my period is not something I enjoy, and I sure as hell don't want another person experiencing my blood on them. Period blood smells no matter how high your standards are!

The fact that I find a personal bodily fluid not something I am willing to share is a personal thing and while I find it odd that others have no problem with periods I don't question their opinion! My personal attitude to my personal bodily fluid is harmful to no one, I won't die from a 3 day break in sex in a month!

Pembily wrote: »
    I am female and I have periods,
    I have bloody, clot filled blood smelling periods
    , my period is not something I enjoy, and I sure as hell don't want another person experiencing my blood on them. Period blood smells no matter how high your standards are!

I've heard of Women avoiding red meat and canned/processed food at that time of the month, they switch to eating fresh food, lots of fruit and veg. I had a bit of a search, a lot say to avoid oily food, fish, garlic, again the red meat, raw onions and cheese. There are some saying to eat parsley, live yogurt, some even saying to "apply" the live yogurt though I dunno about that! Wearing loose cotton clothes seems to be another widely accepted idea, no synthetics as they only make things worse.

I know I can come across as a bit of a d1ck sometimes but I do try to be helpfull to make up for it. Menstruation really doesn't need to be smelly and some even find a dietry change alleviates PMS and menstrual cramping. There's a fair bit of info out there, I hope you find something that helps make that time of the month more comfortable!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dudess wrote: »
    I thought it was clear - Strobe used it in a comparative sense in relation to all the "Ah shur it's just another bodily fluid" or "It's just a bit of blood" comments... which are completely disingenuous IMO.

What's disingenuous is comparing kissing to penetration.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I've heard of Women avoiding red meat and canned/processed food at that time of the month, they switch to eating fresh food, lots of fruit and veg. I had a bit of a search, a lot say to avoid oily food, fish, garlic, again the red meat, raw onions and cheese. There are some saying to eat parsley, live yogurt, some even saying to "apply" the live yogurt though I dunno about that! Wearing loose cotton clothes seems to be another widely accepted idea, no synthetics as they only make things worse.

I know I can come across as a bit of a d1ck sometimes but I do try to be helpfull to make up for it. Menstruation really doesn't need to be smelly and some even find a dietry change alleviates PMS and menstrual cramping. There's a fair bit of info out there, I hope you find something that helps make that time of the month more comfortable!

Blood smells, end of! No matter what a female does it's never going to smell like a bed of roses!? It's not painful I just don't embrace my period, it's a necessary evil that I deal with but don't feel a need to share with others!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Pembily wrote: »
    Blood smells, end of! No matter what a female does it's never going to smell like a bed of roses!? It's not painful I just don't embrace my period, it's a necessary evil that I deal with but don't feel a need to share with others!
    Just about everything smells. That in itself is not a problem. Some people take issue with it, some people see it as no worse than any of the other bodily fluids that get mixed up during sex.

dearg lady wrote: »
    Just about everything smells. That in itself is not a problem. Some people take issue with it, some people see it as no worse than any of the other bodily fluids that get mixed up during sex.
    Different people have different levels of smell. Some people find certain smells over-powering, perhaps Pembily is like that. If she really doesn't like it, then so be it.

It is the same principle that governs what tastes you like (taste and smell being related and all that)

• Advertisement

Wow. There are a lot of people about with serious body issues.
    If you think not wanting to have sex with menstrual blood present is symptomatic of body issues... then you're the one with the issue.
    Some people don't mind it, some people do - different strokes for different folks.
    I can see a lot of people have a huge problem with it but they don't seem to have an answer for why beyond "it's dirty" or "gross" and to some all bodily fluids are dirty, icky, somewhat unsavoury. Where does such an attitude come from?
    They find it manky.
    For those who say that they're not squeamish or prudish, I'm sorry but actually you are.
    They aren't (except in your head, but you're not everyone) - they just don't like manky stuff... ya know? And you're not sorry.
    Accept that fact gracefully and live with it or change.
    Get a grip.
    For anyone else who is unsure, there's nothing dirty about your body or anything that comes out of your body
    What about sh1t?
    so long as it's dealt with sensibly and hygienically(i.e. don't scratch your eye after taking a dump). Such attitudes are harmfull and should be nipped in the bud before they're passed on to ruin further generations.
    Or... maybe there's no need for all the forensic analysis and accept it's just personal preference? Better than going out of one's way to be all tolerant and open-minded but actually coming across as extremely narrow-minded...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Different people have different levels of smell. Some people find certain smells over-powering, perhaps Pembily is like that. If she really doesn't like it, then so be it.

It is the same principle that governs what tastes you like (taste and smell being related and all that)

absolutely, but pembily is the one saying it smells bad, I'm just saying some people would disagree. I dislike people trying to speak to everyone, now maybe I pick it up wrong, but 'blood smells, end of!' and 'no matter what a female does it isn't goin to smell like a bed of roses' I take issue with. When I have my period I find the smell in no way offensive

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

You might be a bit biased methinks! Some people are being honest here and calling a spade a spade, but some don't wanna hear that. Granted everyone has and should be entitled to their own opinion on that 'spade' though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

MrThrifty wrote: »
    You might be a bit biased methinks! Some people are being honest here and calling a spade a spade, but some don't wanna hear that. Granted everyone has and should be entitled to their own opinion on that 'spade' though...

Mr Thrifty, it's really irritating that you keep saying people should be entitled to their own opinion while at the same time saying that your particular opinion is 'reality' and the 'spade'.

Just stop. Everyone has a different opinion - trying to be sly about it and saying 'Oh well you can have your own opinion, even though it's wrong' is just so annoying to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

I think Goebbels said it best ,B,D,T,R.

dearg lady wrote: »
    absolutely, but pembily is the one saying it smells bad, I'm just saying some people would disagree. I dislike people trying to speak to everyone, now maybe I pick it up wrong, but 'blood smells, end of!' and 'no matter what a female does it isn't goin to smell like a bed of roses' I take issue with. When I have my period I find the smell in no way offensive

Well I agree with that.

Dudess wrote: »
    If you think not wanting to have sex with menstrual blood present is symptomatic of body issues... then you're the one with the issue.
    Some people don't mind it, some people do - different strokes for different folks.

They find it manky.

They aren't (except in your head, but you're not everyone) - they just don't like manky stuff... ya know? And you're not sorry.

Get a grip.

What about sh1t?

Or... maybe there's no need for all the forensic analysis and accept it's just personal preference? Better than going out of one's way to be all tolerant and open-minded but actually coming across as extremely narrow-minded...

Ya know, I was instructed to read the guidelines and ethics for this forum, so I did. I think after reading all about guidelines and ethics on these boards, the one thing that stands out the most was where someone stated "attack the post, not the poster." When someone asks a question and gets "because" as an answer, I find that lacking in thought and substance. I know many people find some of my opinions irksome but you can be pretty sure I've actually put some thought into them. Also, when I'm proved wrong, I actually take it onboard and modify or change my opinion which I find is something that very few who give the "just because" type answer are seldom capable of. I also feel that if you haven't got something helpfull or constructive to say beyond personal insult, it should be kept to yourself. I know we all fall down on this from time to time, probably because of the impersonal nature of the internet means we're quicker to anger.

Personally I think a lot of people feel what comes out of their body is manky is due to a distorted view from centuries of Catholicism and the backward views of Leviticus it imposed on it's flock. That's just what i think though, maybe I'm over-thinking it but ya know, I did actually think about it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I know many people find some of my opinions irksome but you can be pretty sure I've actually put some thought into them.

A well thought out insult is still an insult.

I wouldn't been keen on period sex. I have no body issues, and you as a stranger aren't qualified to tell me I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

IBTL :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

i'm male, tried it and didn't like it
    Can we get a poll up there?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement