Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex on her period???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I don't care if people love it, hate it, or think its the best cure for cramps known to woman. There's only one burning question as far as I'm concerned.

Why are people referring to it as sex 'on' her period and not 'during'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i'm male,don't like the thought so have never tried it
    Giselle wrote: »
    I don't care if people love it, hate it, or think its the best cure for cramps known to woman. There's only one burning question as far as I'm concerned.

I find it odd too, but I think a lot of people say they are "on" or "came on" in relation to periods.

not as odd as one I heard today though, saying she had a child "to" a particular guy- what happened to having a child by someone??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

sam34 wrote: »
    I find it odd too, but I think a lot of people say they are "on" or "came on" in relation to periods.

not as odd as one I heard today though, saying she had a child "to" a particular guy- what happened to having a child by someone??

as long as they don't say they had a child for him

bluewolf wrote: »
    as long as they don't say they had a child for him

That one's a puzzler alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭yawha

Giselle wrote: »

:confused: "on" is a pretty common preposition for things like this, no?

"On Saturday", "on my birthday", "on the first week of October", "on weekends" etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

yawha wrote: »
    :confused: "on" is a pretty common preposition for things like this, no?

"On Saturday", "on my birthday", "on the first week of October", "on weekends" etc.

No, it's during. Never heard "on" as a preposition used before. My period is not a day of the week or a month of the year and it's most certainly not a special occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    No, it's during. Never heard "on" as a preposition used before. My period is not a day of the week or a month of the year and it's most certainly not a special occasion.

Like those damn Always ad's "have a happy period"

Grrr I hate the fact I'm their target market!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

Personally I dont think there's anything weird or wrong with it. As long as you're not freaked by a bit of blood, both partners have an open mind to it and staying safe everyone's a winner! I know my other half says that it helps ease her cramps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

wait a little bit of blood on my willy for 45 mins of pure fun and leg twitching....

wtf plus women are more animalistic at that time soem times :)

all good in my books

I think its a little well over sensitive.. Its only blood its not gonna like attack you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Eve_Dublin wrote: »

So... I guess I should probably stop getting my gf those "Happy Period!" cards then. Damn you Hallmark!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

I dunno why people keep quoting me out of context - must be a sensitive issue. Just out of interest, did you read the whole thread? My post was a tongue in cheek comment triggered by the multitude of fallacies and nonsense being peddled about what periods and pregnancy actually consists of...hence the :p

As for new-fangled female freedoms, well, the last three generations of my family [so perhaps it's not that new-fangled elsewhere] - were/are fairly open about sex and menstruation so I would consider the whole squeamishness and reticence around discussion of sex and periods in general, as somewhat alien...and since the scots are hardly famed for their sexually liberal attitudes, I suspect that means some of the attitudes displayed in this thread give more than a passing nod to the taciturn such topics have/were until very recently actively encouraged to have here.

Do you mean their colour, to wash out of things kind of cleaner? Otherwise surely they are both just a collection of gloopy bodily fluids and cells that start degrading when in contact with air? *Mmmm, enjoy your coffee break folks* I think it's just we're conditioned to think of one as natural and the other as icky.

No, seriously Dudess, if any woman has thick blood "pumping" out of her at any time, I'd say she should get herself down to A&E pronto... :eek:

I honestly did read the whole thread. :D Though quite late into the evening, haha. tiredness can be my excuse ::p
    But I get your point and it goes back to my own view. Its all personal preference really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

Yes irish sex ed is frankly retarded, they in 6th class seperate the boys from the girls
    not anymore - well, not necessarily. Obviously there are differences in the way different schools handle sex ed but it's not a rule that they are separated. From what I've seen, most of the time boys and girls receive basic sex ed together with separate follow-up Q&A sessions (and they don't hold back on the questions either - they ask a lot of informed questions). IMO kids now are far more educated when it comes to sex than they were in previous generations - but I take your point about how the lack of quality sex ed in previously years influenced present attitudes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

When you're horny, you're horny :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

None of my ex's have ever had a problem with it, I'm always slightly apprehensive at first with someone new, cos I'm not sure how they'll be about it, but it's grand.

I have to agree wholeheartedly with Ickles point re fluids. Men expel a fluid out every time during sex and this is completely acceptable, so why is a small amount of fluid from a woman so disturbing to some? Particularly to the people who aren't freaked out by blood in general, just period blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I don't wanna sound smug cool or anything....

But I love the way women stop you before you get to far when there on their period and say something like I'm at the time.. The reply is most important would it bother you if It didn't bother me? Then this cat like smugness appears and

At which pout you get tied Down and shown why at some point women are the boss :pac: then afterwards you feel used and like dirty dish water :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

not anymore - well, not necessarily. Obviously there are differences in the way different schools handle sex ed but it's not a rule that they are separated. From what I've seen, most of the time boys and girls receive basic sex ed together with separate follow-up Q&A sessions (and they don't hold back on the questions either - they ask a lot of informed questions). IMO kids now are far more educated when it comes to sex than they were in previous generations - but I take your point about how the lack of quality sex ed in previously years influenced present attitudes

It hasn't changed that much in two years, that is when my eldest child's class was seperated into boys and girls and given A talk and any questions which they teachers were not allows to cover were taken a note of and send home in a letter to the parents, for them to deal with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DwightShrute

I don't wanna sound smug cool or anything....

But I love the way women stop you before you get to far when there on their period and say something like I'm at the time.. The reply is most important would it bother you if It didn't bother me? Then this cat like smugness appears and

At which pout you get tied Down and shown why at some point women are the boss :pac: then afterwards you feel used and like dirty dish water :(

Wha'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Have done it a couple of times. Never again. When you are soo horny and the girls is willing, you cloud your judgement. Feels horrible when you come and look at the mess :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

dislike it, i can go without for a few days, the vast vast majority of guys and gals i know are of the same opinion (or at least they say they are and these people are far from prudes) basically the consensus is that it's a gigantic unsightly effing mess and not worth it unless you are absolutely gagging for it and guy and gal are both genuinely ok with it

comparisons with semen situation are erroneous, in my opinion, for a variety of reasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

donfers wrote: »
    comparisons with semen situation are erroneous, in my opinion, for a variety of reasons

Such as?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

If the river is red use the dirt-track:D

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

i'm male and i do it, it doesn't bother me
    donfers wrote: »
    dislike it, i can go without for a few days, the vast vast majority of guys and gals i know are of the same opinion (or at least they say they are and these people are far from prudes) basically the consensus is that it's a gigantic unsightly effing mess and not worth it unless you are absolutely gagging for it and guy and gal are both genuinely ok with it

Careful there donfers, you'll get jumped on around here for those comments. There's a lot of horny people about that don't want their sex lives disturbed, no matter what the reality! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

I've never had a partner who had any issue with it at all. For oral sure, but not straight sex - it was just put a towel down and go. I even know more than a few guys who are quite proud of their 'red wings'. :D Never been with one of those myself though. And the feeling is definitely more intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

I don't mind either way, just if it's a bad period I wouldn't because more than likely it would hurt. But normally I don't mind, it is extra lube, just very very very messy

VenusPlays wrote: »
    I'd really be interested to know how many of the guys in particular who have had a 'gross' response to the idea of period sex, have indulged in (or even asked their partners to indulge in) anal sex? I know its been mentioned at least once in the thread but no-one seems to have responded.

That is rather strange is it not? Somehow shit = not gross, but period blood? Eeeeeeeew! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Sharrow wrote: »
    Such as?

There's no blood in semen for one...

That said I've already given my opinion on this matter earlier in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Dudess wrote: »
    Personally I'm not insecure about getting amorous when on the blob, and I've done it... but I can see the other side. I certainly don't agree people are conditioned to view menstrual blood as icky - objectively, it is not a nice substance, and isn't just "plain" blood, as rightly pointed out. Maybe "blood pumping out" is an extreme way of putting it, but some women have a heavy flow.

Some of the responses here, to me, smack of subtly telling men who don't like it that they're irrational, unreasonable, even "abnormal" for not wanting to engage in a particular sexual act... something that would rightly cause objections if directed at women. So what if some view it as a gross substance? It's not difficult to understand why they would.
    Indeed.

I don't think it's unreasonable or abnormal not to like it, but if a guy doesn't mind dipping his wick in shit but finds period blood gross, then that is frankly ridiculous IMO.

Also, I just read back a few pages and wtf - debris and slime? There is no debris in period blood. Clots yes but you get those in semen too if a guy doesn't hydrate properly. I'm sure there are women who freak out about that, too, but whatever, different strokes I suppose.

And the "slime"? It's there every time, not just during that time of the month. That snail trail? That's the exact same "slime". Just because it's not tinged with red due to the blood, and therefore visible, doesn't mean it's magically not there.

• Advertisement

The use of the term slime is objectionable.

Dictionary definition :

1. soft runny mud or any sticky substance esp. when disgusting or unpleasant,

2. a thick, sticky substance produced by some fish, slugs, and fungi,
    Old English slīm

My personal fluids are not 'slime', in any colour.:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement