Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex on her period???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

i'm male and i do it, it doesn't bother me
    seenitall wrote: »
    "Less likely" doesn't equal "impossible".
    True to an extent, though I think you may find that recent studies have shown that such rare pregnancies are caused by 'breakthrough' bleeding mid-cycle being mistaken for period bleeding. In any case, you're right about sending the wrong message out to very young people who are starting to have periods for the first time.
    The rest of your "meticulously" built argument falls down right there.
    Really?!
    Can't stand it when people start invoking "nature" to enshrine and elevate their personal beliefs, morals or preferences to the level of "natural order" etc. Funnily enough, they are usually wide off the mark.

"No, I wouldn't, don't like it meself" would have sufficed.

Seems to me that there's only one person here getting on a high horse and it ain't the person typing this response. I was clearly making the argument against comments which had stated that having sex during a period was totally natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,931 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

wolf moon wrote: »
    Never ever. I can't imagine how is it so see my mickey covered in blood,etc.
    IMO it's a sick idea to be honest.

you are joking yeah??
    Wolf Moon - Type O Negative
    The 28th day
    She'll be bleeding again
    And in lupine ways
    We'll alleviate the pain

Unholy water
    Sanguine addiction
    Those silver bullets
    A last blood benediction

It is her moon time
    When there's iron in the air
    A rusted essence
    Woman may I know you're there

Hey wolf moon
    Come cast your spell on me
    Hey wolf moon
    Come cast your spell on me

Don't spill a drop dear
    Let me kiss the curse away
    Yourself in my mouth
    Will you leave me with your taste?

Beware
    The woods at night
    Beware
    The lunar light

So in this gray haze
    We'll be meating again
    And on that great day
    I will tease you all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 20,931 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Dudess wrote: »
    Lol at the Leviticus thing.

Make me! :p

Yes, that rolleyes was really necessary. :pac:

Menstrual blood is not a nice substance for many - I don't exactly like it myself (if there was anyone who actually liked it... weir-do :pac:). I totally understand a guy not wanting to have sex with a woman when she's menstruating. I really don't think it's necessarily symptomatic of him viewing menstruation/menstruating women as gross. Actually I think menstrual blood is pretty gross myself. Why pretend it can't possibly be? That's just disingenuous and obtuse.
    I can understand a man being turned on by the... I suppose, primal vibe to sex while she's on the blob, but I definitely see where men who just don't like the mess and the substance are coming from too.
    Well i guess that's where good old fashioned love and respect comes in!! It Can be hard sometimes to fight off the advances of a menstruating horny animal woman!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

I never would do it with a wan on a period. Ugh, disgusting thought. Why would anyone want to, it seems so bloody sick. (no pun intended).

OTOH, if yer into that sort of "thing", i'm sure there are certain groups or communities that get off on it. Same as any other fetish or deviance.
    I really don't think it's necessarily symptomatic of him viewing menstruation/menstruating women as gross.
    TBH, it is gross. how could it not be?
    As sopmeone said earlier, I am not squeemish about blood either. I would not feel disgusted if i saw someone with a badly cut hand or a bloody head after an accident - the thing with period blood that repulses me is just that where it comes from. Plus the fact that it smells absoluteley awful. And btw, its not just blood, its full of all sorts of clots, debris and slime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

TBH, it is gross. how could it not be?
    As sopmeone said earlier, I am not squeemish about blood either. I would not feel disgusted if i saw someone with a badly cut hand or a bloody head after an accident - the thing with period blood that repulses me is just that where it comes from. Plus the fact that it smells absoluteley awful. And btw, its not just blood, its full of all sorts of clots, debris and slime.

Sorry, had to laugh!:pac: And where exactly did you come from?

Btw, the smell?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Purely from a practical standpoint, blood is a terrible lubricant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭seenitall

MrThrifty wrote: »
    Really?!

Seems to me that there's only one person here getting on a high horse and it ain't the person typing this response. I was clearly making the argument against comments which had stated that having sex during a period was totally natural.

Yes, really. It's not somehow against "nature" to want to have sex during period, and that's exactly what your post misinforming people on being able to conceive during that time was insinuating.

Just to reiterate: Having sex during period is completely natural, and a matter of preference for the two people involved. Your "argument" contesting this is... weird. High horses or not. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

i'm female and i do it, it doesn't bother me
    Plus the fact that it smells absoluteley awful. And btw, its not just blood, its full of all sorts of clots, debris and slime.
    The where it comes from is kinda hilarious!!! But I do agree that's it not just blood! I also agree with the smell, I just find it unclean - OCD nerd!

But I don't think it's wrong, people like different things and I most defo don't think it's along the fetish lines, as others have posted it's along the lines of a mans sperm, I just personally find it unclean due to the smell and clots etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

i'm female and i do it, it doesn't bother me
    I personally think menstrual blood is a lot mankier than semen.
    the thing with period blood that repulses me is just that where it comes from. Plus the fact that it smells absoluteley awful. And btw, its not just blood, its full of all sorts of clots, debris and slime.
    I don't understand why you'd be disgusted about where it comes from tbh, but your description - yep. Had to be said. Er... delicious. :pac:

Although in fairness, ladies who look after their personal hygiene properly during menstruation would not let things get to the point where the blood would really honk. I'd imagine it's bacteria heaven too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

you are joking yeah??
    Well spotted :)

Don't mix art and real life...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

So to sum up...

It's OK if you like having sex during a period. It's also OK if you don't like having sex during a period. Some people think it is gross, others do not.

C'est la vie!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

So to sum up...

It's OK if you like having sex during a period. It's also OK if you don't like having sex during a period. Some people think it is gross, others do not.

C'est la vie!

if that was the attitude we had to everything, we'd run out of things to post!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

bluewolf wrote: »
    if that was the attitude we had to everything, we'd run out of things to post!:pac:

What an outrageous opinion!!!

Is this better? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

wolf moon wrote: »
    what a sick, twisted ba5tard would even consider licking a bleeding pussy?

Probably someone like my cousin Ger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

bit off topic, but when i lived in UK i was next door to a hippie couple, after few drinks one night they told that they collect her menstrual blood every month to fertilise their garden :eek:

thought it was strange i have to say but anytime i passed their garden afterwards i always noticed the size of their sunflowers. Methinks they may have been onto something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Out of curiosity, those who are turned off by the idea by having sex with a woman menstrusting (which I do understand), have you ever tried it? Disgust is learned, yes? When I was 4, I'd pick chewing gum off the ground and eat it until my mother caught me and told me to stop. When I was in the Cubs, we went camping and while eating breakfast, a load of midges landed in my cornflakes and I wouldn't eat them until my Cub leader told me they were grand and they'd no taste and I did.

Do you think if you actually gave it a go, you could possibly reprogram yourself to not be so disgusted? Those who tried it and have no problems with it obviously did....whaddya reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I already knew my own answer to this question and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

What I don't know is why I read the whole thread. It's oddly compelling :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Yep i have , Blood has never bothered me and i'm not a 12 year old boy any more who makes a face and sick noises when someone mentions periods.
    But in my experience it's always the girls that don't want to , probably because they are very self-conscious.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

Nowt wrong with it.

Man is wired to relentlessly pursue fanny.

A bit o blood should never put you off.

If it does you'd wanna Man Up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, those who are turned off by the idea by having sex with a woman menstrusting (which I do understand), have you ever tried it? Disgust is learned, yes? When I was 4, I'd pick chewing gum off the ground and eat it until my mother caught me and told me to stop. When I was in the Cubs, we went camping and while eating breakfast, a load of midges landed in my cornflakes and I wouldn't eat them until my Cub leader told me they were grand and they'd no taste and I did.

Do you think if you actually gave it a go, you could possibly reprogram yourself to not be so disgusted? Those who tried it and have no problems with it obviously did....whaddya reckon?

The thoughts of having some incredibly horny woman gagging for it just can't overcome the way I react to blood "down there" on either myself or the other party. Instant limp city and it's hard to have sex when you're not turned on and can't get it up :)

• Advertisement

The thoughts of having some incredibly horny woman gagging for it just can't overcome the way I react to blood "down there" on either myself or the other party. Instant limp city and it's hard to have sex when you're not turned on and can't get it up :)

What if I seduced you, turned the lights off, we had sex, you enjoyed it then SURPRISE! I told you I was on the blob? Would that work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

What if I seduced you, turned the lights off, we had sex, you enjoyed it then SURPRISE! I told you I was on the blob? Would that work?

Oh no that, er, sounds, er, awful. Ahem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Other than a drunken ONS I don't imagine that being a likely scenario. I have a ridiculous innate sense for where a woman is in her cycle. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

My phone number is on the way :p On a serious note, would it work? Probably, yeah. Unless I noticed it midway through. Just like if a girl didn't know she was coming on, and it happened during sex. Then it's wipe off time, done for the night. On that basis it's primarily a psychological thing. But it's also a preferential thing too. Unfortunately the psychological thing makes it near impossible to get over the preference and "give it a go" anyway like a few posters are suggesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

i'm male, tried it and didn't like it
    Question for the girls on the thread. If the roles were reversed and a man had thick blood pumping out of his penis once a month, would that put you off sex with him for a few days or no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Question for the girls on the thread. If the roles were reversed and a man had thick blood pumping out of his penis once a month, would that put you off sex with him for a few days or no?

Questions like that are pretty pointless in fairness.Its something that doesnt and cannot happen so it really cannot be answered with any semblance of honesty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Men can actually have something pumping out their penis and it doesn't put some brave women off...women on the other hand don't have thick blood pumping out of anywhere - unless they've had some kind of serious accident.

Methinks a lot of the squeamishness is directly related to the poor quality of the irish sex education system... :p

As in the man was menstruating? Or the man was injured? It seems like a ridiculous question. If he was menstruating and blood was "pumping" out of his penis, then no. Women don't have blood pumping out of themselves...we lose one egg cup full over a week. Hardly hemorrhaging blood, in fairness.

If we're talking non-hypothetically here, and if the man had blood pumping out of his penis due to an injury (because that's the only likely way he would have blood coming out of his penis), then no as it'd probably hurt him.

It's a ridiculous question to be honest. All but one man I've gone out with has had no problems. That's not to say I don't understand why someone wouldn't want to but just as each of you have a personal preference, so would we if roles were reversed. It's not about women being unreasonable and forcing men to have sex with them while menstruating as many men on this thread said they have no problems, it's about personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

i'm male, tried it and didn't like it
    Questions like that are pretty pointless in fairness.Its something that doesnt and cannot happen so it really cannot be answered with any semblance of honesty.
    Thats where imagination comes in handy. Sheesh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Thats where imagination comes in handy. Sheesh.

A noble test for most imaginations, a blood pumping penis... I sense a short story in the making.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement