Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex on her period???

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭foodie66

psychward wrote: »
    why not answer the question instead of going off into some rant from the extreme end of feminism twisting a reasonable question into one which is outrageous when it's not ? Is he happy to go for a few days without sex ? How does he feel about it ? It's a simple question. And it's a question about him and how he feels not about you. You already got 99% of the post so why go on the defensive about a question concerning the other 1%? In as you say a ''mature relationship'' you should have at least some notion about how he feels during those times.

Because your reply to this

Plus I kinda like taking a few days off full penetration

was

How does he feel about that ?

and to me it gave a strong vibe of you trying to make her feel guilty because her boyfriend has to go without penetration for a few days! And if being a feminist is saying that a woman should have the right to decide if she doesn't want to have sex during her period without being made to feel guilty by a partner then OK, i'm an extreme feminist :rolleyes:

That's the vibe your post gave off even if you just meant it as an 'innocent' question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i'm male,don't like the thought so have never tried it
    foodie66 wrote: »
    TRY? Why under any circumstances would any guy even contemplate it?

because they like it.

what's horrible /unpleasant to one man can be exciting to the next.

an ex of mine loved giving me oral when I had my period, he liked the taboo aspect of it. a shower beforehand, a tampon, and away we went!

We are talking about 4 days tops!

eh, not necessarily. it's closer to double that for me and for many others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I'm absolutely disgusted by blood - any blood - and seeing someone elses blood is enough to make me feel lightheaded.

So, for that reason, that's why I hated having sex on my period. I never ever ever done it -- partly because I figured that silently, in my partners head, he'd be screaming "yuckyuckyuck", and sex can make you feel vulnerable enough, being naked and on view without worrying you're grossing him out.

With my fiancée though, we do it, and while Im not that comfortable with it, shudder, he has no problem with it. He says it's natural, we shower, were clean and with him I don't worry that he finds me vile, because he's seen me at my worst, and he still wants to have sex with me so -- whatever.

And despite disliking it, it does help with cramps, which is always good as my cramps get so bad they literally make me vomit.

sam34 wrote: »
    eh, not necessarily. it's closer to double that for me and for many others.

It's not heavy for that long though. There's a difference in doing it when your period is about finished and doing it when both of you and the bed linen will be destroyed!

Besides, if you respect your partner's wishes you should not make a big deal about it. There are other methods of sexual pleasure besides penetration!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Because your reply to this

Plus I kinda like taking a few days off full penetration

was

How does he feel about that ?

and to me it gave a strong vibe of you trying to make her feel guilty because her boyfriend has to go without penetration for a few days! And if being a feminist is saying that a woman should have the right to decide if she doesn't want to have sex during her period without being made to feel guilty by a partner then OK, i'm an extreme feminist :rolleyes:

That's the vibe your post gave off even if you just meant it as an 'innocent' question!

No thats' not an explanation or a reason by any means. Good communication and fair negotiations about such things makes a strong foundation for a lasting relationship. If communication is lacking then maybe a little guilt or at least compassion/empathy could be useful. If someone feels guilty then they need to ask why and rationalize it out of existance either in how they think or how they behave.
    The withdrawal of sex concept is interesting and probably could have a whole thread devoted to it. If one partner has a high sex drive and the other refuses to have sex very often , then affairs or other outlets probably would result with people only being human and it' not only men but also women who have affairs and can withdraw sex. I was merely enquiring as to how the man copes and if he is happy to wait as a relationship usually means that ones sexual outlet is limited to one person and one person only. All this talk of vibe is something you yourself introduced and seem to want to discuss as an aside from my very innocent question.And it is the extreme end of feminism to try to make a man feel guilty for asking an innocent and highly relevant question. How could such a relevant question not be innocent in the context in which it was asked ? I never hinted that women were bitchy or treated their men badly during this time whether true or not to some degree so at least give men the same respect as they don't always have an easy time of it either.

It's not heavy for that long though. There's a difference in doing it when your period is about finished and doing it when both of you and the bed linen will be destroyed!

how can you possibly claim to know what my menstrual flow is like?
    Besides, if you respect your partner's wishes you should not make a big deal about it. There are other methods of sexual pleasure besides penetration!

I'm not sure why you put this in after quoting my post, as I said nothing which would indicate a lack of respect for my partner or that I made a big deal of demanding penetrative sex. lastly, I'm well aware of the range of ways to achieve sexual pleasure.

No thats' not an explanation or a reason by any means. Good communication and fair negotiations about such things makes a strong foundation for a lasting relationship. If communication is lacking then maybe a little guilt or at least compassion/empathy could be useful. If someone feels guilty then they need to ask why and rationalize it out of existance either in how they think or how they behave.
    The withdrawal of sex concept is interesting and probably could have a whole thread devoted to it. If one partner has a high sex drive and the other refuses to have sex very often , then affairs or other outlets probably would result with people only being human and it' not only men but also women who have affairs and can withdraw sex. I was merely enquiring as to how the man copes and if he is happy to wait as a relationship usually means that ones sexual outlet is limited to one person and one person only. All this talk of vibe is something you yourself introduced and seem to want to discuss as an aside from my very innocent question.And it is the extreme end of feminism to try to make a man feel guilty for asking an innocent and highly relevant question. How could such a relevant question not be innocent in the context in which it was asked ? I never hinted that women were bitchy or treated their men badly during this time whether true or not to some degree so at least give men the same respect as they don't always have an easy time of it either.

You are talking as if she is cold to her partner when she specifically said penetration was out for a few days. From that i am assuming they fool around in other ways. Is that not 'fair negotiations'? She is not withdrawing sex for the fun of it or to make the guy feel bad or punish him (that is a different matter altogether) - she is doing it because her body is going through something for a few days and she doesn't want full sex. I don't understand why a guy wouldn't understand that

Like i said, you may have meant it 'innocently' but i got something else from it and yes, that is my explanation and reason. Let us agree to disagree!

You are talking as if she is cold to her partner when she specifically said penetration was out for a few days. From that i am assuming they fool around in other ways. Is that not 'fair negotiations'? She is not withdrawing sex for the fun of it or to make the guy feel bad or punish him (that is a different matter altogether) - she is doing it because her body is going through something for a few days and she doesn't want full sex. I don't understand why a guy wouldn't understand that

Like i said, you may have meant it 'innocently' but i got something else from it and yes, that is my explanation and reason. Let us agree to disagree!

All we need to agree about is that I have a right to ask the question how does he feel about it without being condemned for asking the question. Is that not fair ?

Any other issues derived from your responses would deserve a whole other thread instead of being bashed out here.

• Advertisement

sam34 wrote: »
    how can you possibly claim to know what my menstrual flow is like?

I'm not sure why you put this in after quoting my post, as I said nothing which would indicate a lack of respect for my partner or that I made a big deal of demanding penetrative sex. lastly, I'm well aware of the range of ways to achieve sexual pleasure.

So you are saying you are very heavy for 8 days? Wow, that must suck!
    I'm not sure why you put this in after quoting my post, as I said nothing which would indicate a lack of respect for my partner or that I made a big deal of demanding penetrative sex.

I said that because of the conversation at hand, 'you' is meant in a general way.(i thought that was clear especially considering as you are a girl and i was referring to guys respecting gf's wishes) I'm sure you are well aware of methods of sexual pleasure. I was merely stating the obvious in response to guys getting frustrated at their partner's period lasting 8 days and obviously other methods of sexual relief are important to consider. Most Deepest apologies if you felt i was slighting your knowledge of sexual pleasure .....................

All we need to agree about is that I have a right to ask the question how does he feel about it without being condemned for asking the question. Is that not fair ?

Any other issues derived from your responses would deserve a whole other thread instead of being bashed out here.

A whole other thread? Why, it's relevant to the discussion which is girls choosing not to have sex during their period.

You can ask whatever you want. I can respond in kind.

Now, i am not dragging this on any longer. We have both made our point. If you want to continue feel free to PM me.

Good night!

A whole other thread? Why, it's relevant to the discussion which is girls choosing not to have sex during their period.

You can ask whatever you want. I can respond in kind.

Now, i am not dragging this on any longer. We have both made our point. If you want to continue feel free to PM me.

Good night!

you obviously think a man should be condemned for ''daring'' to ask a question.

no thanks for a further discussion.

So you are saying you are very heavy for 8 days? Wow, that must suck! .....................

you shouldn't make assumptions. all I've said about my menstrual flow is that you don't know what it's like so therefore cant make the statement that "Its not heavy" for the duration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

i'm female, tried it and didn't like it
    Is he happy to go for a few days without sex ? How does he feel about it ?

Right, well first off I'm single so there is no 'he' right now, but none of my exes had a problem with me not wanting full sex for a few days.

I've always had a high sex drive, that doesn't disappear when I'm on my period and I certainly wouldn't be one for enforcing an all-out sexy time ban, we just have other ways of getting off for those few days. Like I said, plenty of other stuff can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭chris2286

This may an old thread but have to give my opinion my girlfriend and I would do it without hesitation she often gets quite hornier for some mad reason (not all the time) the first time I was like eh just feels like a really wet pussy until i nearly got sick after looking at my dick covered in blood ah man didnt want that **** again but guess what I did 2 days later and when ya see it ounce ya seen it a hundred times so no biggie o ya she thought it was kinda sick at first but dont give a **** now.

Tips.
    Always have a spare towel underneath.
    To avoid getting too messy the man stays on top of her (Doggy is exceptional but don't look down, unless of course you come prematurely cause that would certainly take your mind off things ha).
    Again don't look down after sex if your the type that faints or gawks at the sight of blood.
    Go straight into the shower and wash the ****er.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

zombie thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement