Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I've started having small potato cubes cooked in our air fryer for breakfast with scrambled egg and mushrooms ( all cooked with spray oil ).

Its a great option for breakfast, i can cook the potato the night before and just heat them the next morning.

Another great option is boxty, i grew up on it so lovely to bring it back into my weekly diet !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thur-7-jan/products-detail-page/ps/p/diet-freedom-choc-shot-hot-chocolate/
    This stuff is lovely on yogurt and fruit. You can also use it to make a hot choc or mocha coffee. Also stocked in Tesco but it's a euro more expensive there!
    Edit: it's half a syn per level teaspoon (strong stuff, you don't need much for an intense chocolatey hit)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,201 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

On the weekends we have potato cubes as part of our "fry" thanks to a recently purchased air fryer. Great invention

Add grilled lean bacon, beans, poached eggs (if Mrs Dodge does it) or scrambled eggs (if I do it) and our one/third speed is a mix of chopped and fried (with fylight) onions, peppers, mushrooms with a tin of tomatoes (salt and pepper to taste)

Really, really filling and a great start to the day

Dodge wrote: »
    On the weekends we have potato cubes as part of our "fry" thanks to a recently purchased air fryer. Great invention

Add grilled lean bacon, beans, poached eggs (if Mrs Dodge does it) or scrambled eggs (if I do it) and our one/third speed is a mix of chopped and fried (with fylight) onions, peppers, mushrooms with a tin of tomatoes (salt and pepper to taste)

Really, really filling and a great start to the day

We swear by the air fryer, changed from tefal to delonghi and its much much better. Heating element is on the top so a much more even cook.

I plan to have cubes tomorrow with poached eggs !

Did i hear someone say that camile are considered one of the best take aways for slimming world ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Did i hear someone say that camile are considered one of the best take aways for slimming world ?

I used to order from them nearly every week but the Chinese nearer me does better pad thai and it's a few euro cheaper too lol!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

tk123 wrote: »
    I used to order from them nearly every week but the Chinese nearer me does better pad thai and it's a few euro cheaper too lol!! :pac:

How many syns do you count for a pad thai? Love it!!

I'm working at the Camile staff party on Tuesday night !

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

ameliams wrote:
    Ok so don't know if any one remembers but I left slimming world 6 weeks ago after not losing any weight over almost 2 months. And there was my lovely consultant who said I would most certainly regret it.

I was just thinking in you the other day, glad you're doing so well, you must be delighted xx

dee_mc wrote:
    This stuff is lovely on yogurt and fruit. You can also use it to make a hot choc or mocha coffee. Also stocked in Tesco but it's a euro more expensive there! Edit: it's half a syn per level teaspoon (strong stuff, you don't need much for an intense chocolatey hit)

Just home from aldi where I bought that and couldn't resist a little taste, it is really chocolatey! Can't wait to put some in some quark later.
    I also bought the magnetic menu planner for the fridge, got one last year in a raffle down at slimming world and they're great, plan all my meals for the week and write whatever bits of shopping down too, so handy when its all in front of you in the fridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Oh you're kidding me re the pancakes! What is the logic of fruit being synned once cooked? I can understand stewed apple or something, but lightly cooking banana doesn't make much sense to me. What a waste of syns :( ah well, live and learn.

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    How many syns do you count for a pad thai? Love it!!

It seems to be 10-11 - I only ever eat half a portion at a time so count it as 5. So say I'll have it for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow :p

ncmc wrote: »
    Oh you're kidding me re the pancakes! What is the logic of fruit being synned once cooked? I can understand stewed apple or something, but lightly cooking banana doesn't make much sense to me. What a waste of syns :( ah well, live and learn.

It's to do with satiety - basically cooked fruit isn't as filling. And there's something about the sugar/fibre content being changed by cooking/blending etc which makes it less valuable to you when it's been processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,201 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

For most fruits, cooking them releases more sugar and/or carbs

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

tk123 wrote: »
    It seems to be 10-11 - I only ever eat half a portion at a time so count it as 5. So say I'll have it for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow :p

Thank you! I'd eat a full portion but at least it still wouldn't be going over syns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I'm down 2lb since I started on Monday. I have two stone in total to lose so I know there's still 26lb to go but still. Small steps. Went to Uni Falaffel for lunch on Dame Street today and passed by the huge H&M they have on the corner. So excited thinking about all the lovely clothes I can buy in there for the summer when I hit my target :)

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    Thank you! I'd eat a full portion but at least it still wouldn't be going over syns!

Looking forward to mine tonight lol! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Ooh Chinese, now there's an idea for tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

I bought some turkey burgers from slim valley fresh foods.. have no idea how/how long to cook them for though?!?!? Any help greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Syn free pancakes copied from my SW's group private facebook page.

Pancakes
    Syn free

2 eggs
    3 tbsp sweetener
    1 tsp vanilla

Separate the eggs into two bowls.

Into the whites, add 2 tbsp sweetener then whisk until stiff peaks are formed.

Into the yolks, add 1 tbsp sweetener and the vanilla, mix well.

Fold the yolk mixture into the white mixture.

Using frylite, fry a spoonful at a time, very carefully flipping after browned on one side.

Served with fruit & yogurt.

I haven't tried them yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I have my one year SW anniversary is on monday.

I have lost 53lb over the year, so a pound a week on average. Some weeks i lost, some weeks i gained. But over the year it averaged out.

I also ate a takeway most weeks, so i probably would of lost more if i didn't eat them. Anyway, my BMI is no healthy, im down to 11st 13lb

I one year SW anniversary is on monday.

I have lost 53lb over the year, so a pound a week on average. Some weeks i lost, some weeks i gained. But over the year it averaged out.

I also ate a takeway most weeks, so i probably would of lost more if i didn't eat them. Anyway, my BMI is no healthy, im down to 11st 13lb

Ooooooor you might have lost interest months ago if you didn't eat them!
    Good on ya, what an achievement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

That is absolutely amazing Hollister11, well done! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Well done, Hollister. :)

Anyone got any recipes for a speed soup that doesn't taste like sh!te? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ky Abu

Been looking all over Kerry for Oxo, Shake and Flavour, Southern Fried!
    Not available in Tesco's, Dunnes, SuperValu's all in Tralee, Castleisland, Killarney.
    Initial searches in Cork outskirts have also been negative for said Oxo!

Seems impossible to get! Apparantly, SuperValu stock this up in the Kildare Region. When I rang my local stores, they dont have this in stock and would need some time to see could they purchase.

If anyone knows please let me know :)

OXOS+shake+and+flavour+granules+by+Anyonita+Nibbles.jpg

I know for a fact that they stock these in my local Tesco in the Merrion Centre, Dublin. If your local store stocks other Oxo products then it shouldn't be a problem for them to order them I would have thought. I threw the tikka one in my trolley a few weeks ago but haven't tried it yet.

Merkin wrote:
    I know for a fact that they stock these in my local Tesco in the Merrion Centre, Dublin. If your local store stocks other Oxo products then it shouldn't be a problem for them to order them I would have thought. I threw the tikka one in my trolley a few weeks ago but haven't tried it yet.

I used to use these all the time, got them from asda thought, until I spotted them in the slimming world magazine one time and realised they had syns in the them, I didn't think they were worth it but they are nice

I am beyond thrilled, had my first weigh-in this morning and I've lost five pounds! :eek::D I'm so thrilled with that as I'm aiming for 2.5lbs a week so it's a great head start. It's the additional weight that went on over Christmas but I'm pleased to have that motivation at the start as any time I go on a new programme it's always slow to shift at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ky Abu

ne
    I used to use these all the time, got them from asda thought, until I spotted them in the slimming world magazine one time and realised they had syns in the them, I didn't think they were worth it but they are nice

They are relatively low on Syns 1 or 1.5 so I believe. Having options for food with a variety of flavour's is key :) On Slimming world myself since November 24th 2015, and hoping to hit my 1 Stone award next Tuesday :)

• Advertisement

They're half a syn per level teaspoon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement