Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭deex

Well done on all the losses guys :)

I went to my first ever meeting on Monday! I really liked it, although I was seriously shy, which is unlike me - hopefully that'll sort itself out in the coming weeks as I get some confidence.

Amazingly, every single person in my group had a "loss" (I didn't have either since it was my first week) - is that normal? The idea of being the only person with a gain in the whole room is a bit daunting - everyone got a big cheer after their loss was announced... is it an awkward silence if it's a gain? D:

Do you have the option of just leaving after your weigh-in if you see it's a gain and you feel a bit low about it and don't want it announced?

As you can see... I'm a bit nervous about next Monday already! I just can't tell if I'm following the plan right or not - there's so many booklets! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

It's not normal that everyone losses, no. You can weigh and go but I recommend staying; particularly if you've had a gain as that's where you'll find out what to change (ask questions etc)

Gains are never mentioned btw. People will know because your loss wasn't mentioned but they don't say how much etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Up half a pound tonight. Knew I'd be up this week so glad it was only the half. I ate on plan all week but 3 days last week I only had one meal each day and about a thousand cups of tea so obviously I wasnt eating enough. Food diary ready for the week ahead to keep me on track. Baking 2 birthday cakes this weekend so as long as I don't keep sticking a teaspoon into the bowl of buttercream and eating any scraps of fondant I should be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Down 2lbs....22lbs in total :D
    I reckon it will start slowing down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭LittleFox

1st weigh in after rejoining last week and down 5 pounds :) I'm so happy I've an aim to lose a stone before the 16th of Feb when I go on stage with my local musical society so definitely on my way to achieving that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

After finally figuring out a very tasty syn free dinner (chicken, noodles, loads of speed veg and soya sauce and chilli) I'm starting to doubt that this can actually work? Like how can I eat unlimited yum dinner and lose weight? I'm only on day 3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

horsefarm wrote: »
    After finally figuring out a very tasty syn free dinner (chicken, noodles, loads of speed veg and soya sauce and chilli) I'm starting to doubt that this can actually work? Like how can I eat unlimited yum dinner and lose weight? I'm only on day 3

It will work, trust me. That's the great thing about the plan, it works and you are never hungry.

horsefarm wrote: »

Its not really unlimited. I mean you can only eat until you're full

The key is that you're being filled by lots of vegetables, lots of protein and a few healthy carbs.

And by SW telling you you can eat "all your favourites" as much as you want, they know you're more likely to stick with it than something the seems to control you from the outset

They're both doing the same job,but SW hides it better in tasty food :D

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

2lb on today, must be my head cold, didn't do anything different to last week. Ah well it'll come off again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I haven't posted much here lately oops :o I have weighin soon (well within a few hours), funny I miss the buzz that I used to get, hoping for the losses, being at target is still a funny feeling for me.

I am trying to work on the exercise but so hard when the weather is arctic... did have a great walk at the weekend though (both days) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Down 2 pounds in my first week :) it's a start!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Down .5 this week, I've been up and down the same pound for the last month and a half! I've only lost about 4lbs in the 3/4 months since I've joined! Really need to get serious and sticking to plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I stayed the same, 3 lbs under target, can't complain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

I've never eaten so much in my life ever , weighed in this evening and I'm down 8.5 llbs happy out !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Down 3lbs tonight and got slimmer of the week, then won the raffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

deisemum wrote: »

Nice one, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

deisemum wrote: »

Now that's a good week! Go you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Now that's a good week! Go you!

I wasn't expecting it but it's given me a good boost for the coming week and the raffle prize was a hamper of speedy fruit and veg, a water bottle and pedometer.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

I'm back on plan for nearly 2 weeks and feeling so much better for it. I hit my target in June and since then I put on over a stone! Pure greed. I just completely lost the run of myself and I was beyond frustrated and disappointed in myself, because I felt amazing at my target and so proud. But I've been really good since I properly went back and was down 2 on Tuesday so now I'm 14lbs away from target, hoping to get there within 3 months. You're all inspiring me! Thank you! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I'm beyond pleased, just weighed in and I'm down 2.5lbs! Yay! I've been very good with my meals this week but I've gone over on my Syns every day. Had a bottle of prosecco on two nights, had a little too much cheese and wasn't as mindful of Syn count as I should have been. It means I'm now down 7.5lbs since starting so I'm going to have some pizza and prosecco tonight and then be extra good for the week. I think my attitude is changing a little as usually with slip-ups I'd just say "ah feck it" and abandon it altogether but I've just drawn a line this time and I think it's paying off. Hurrah! Hope everyone here gets good losses this week. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm feeling good! Does anyone not use their book though - I mean, for their stickers and awards? For example, I like putting my stickers on my card. It's always with me in my purse, and it's nice to even just glance it when I'm buying things (and hey, reminds me how far I've come if I'm buying bad things!).

I re-joined 2 weeks before Christmas (which was more about minimising the effects of Christmas!). I'm 11lbs down from then, but I don't think I look any different. I'm eating far less rubbish and exercising way more though which does feel good. I'll get there eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Has anyone had a bad week due to being unwell (chest infection and anti biotics) I was relatively good this week but been sick since Thursday . Not setting my hopes too high for a big loss this Tuesday :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Has anyone had a bad week due to being unwell (chest infection and anti biotics) I was relatively good this week but been sick since Thursday . Not setting my hopes too high for a big loss this Tuesday :p

Yeah I've had the same issue, just stick to plan as much as you can and be prepared for a not great result this week but it'll show next week if you keep it up!
    Hope you feel better soon. Remember all your Strepsils and most cough syrups have syns, sugar free ones have fewer syns. Difflam spray is brilliant for clearing a chest infection and if not free, would be very very low syn.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Yeah I've had the same issue, just stick to plan as much as you can and be prepared for a not great result this week but it'll show next week if you keep it up!
    Hope you feel better soon. Remember all your Strepsils and most cough syrups have syns, sugar free ones have fewer syns. Difflam spray is brilliant for clearing a chest infection and if not free, would be very very low syn.

Omg I never even thought of the strepsils and I been sucking on them like crazy to try get my voice back ! The kids conveniently run amuck when they know I can't talk and then claim they couldn't hear me when I tell them otherwise :p I just assumed they were like medicine and didn't even think of the syns :eek: ah ill struggle through and hopefully next week I'll be better and see some results !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I've lost 3.5lbs in the last two weeks. :)

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Omg I never even thought of the strepsils and I been sucking on them like crazy to try get my voice back ! The kids conveniently run amuck when they know I can't talk and then claim they couldn't hear me when I tell them otherwise :p I just assumed they were like medicine and didn't even think of the syns :eek: ah ill struggle through and hopefully next week I'll be better and see some results !
    Don't worry about syns in medicine. Just get better. A healthy body will quicken your losses when you're back to 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭gercoral

lost 2 pounds this week, one of my friends even commented "you've lost weight!", however was at party last night, had 3 pints and today I did a little teeny bit of scoffing, but will be back on the straight and narrow tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Hi, anyone doing SW online? Is it worth the money? Do you also get the books?

Dodge wrote: »
    Don't worry about syns in medicine. Just get better. A healthy body will quicken your losses when you're back to 100%

Thanks dodge. Went to my gym class today and hoping I sweat it out of me lol :) not expecting great results but Def happy I'm back on plan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Dodge wrote: »

This.

I understand why sw syn medicines containing sugar but I think anyone who actually stops taking medicine because it puts them over the syns would be mental. If you're sick, take the medicine that helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement