Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Vahevala wrote: »
    I am so happy to report that I lost 2.5 lbs last night at Slimming World, that means I have lost 5 stone 4 lbs, so 3 lbs away from my 5 & 1/2 stone award!! I have lost 7 stone 2.5 lbs in total!

Can you believe I have lost 100.5 lbs! Unbelievable really :eek:

Well done, that's some achievement.

I went yesterday but went to the 11.30am class instead of evening as I had something on. I was down 1.5lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I am so happy to report that I lost 2.5 lbs last night at Slimming World, that means I have lost 5 stone 4 lbs, so 3 lbs away from my 5 & 1/2 stone award!! I have lost 7 stone 2.5 lbs in total!

Can you believe I have lost 100.5 lbs! Unbelievable really :eek:

Wow. Fair play for sticking at it. Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

What do you ear for Breakfeast on a SP day.

I usually eat cereal and usually have a slice of Melon & piece of fruit afterwards. I love the two healthy B's. I have developed an addiction to Country Kitchens bagel slims. I have one of those for lunch! Delicious!

Thank you so much everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pracky2k10

Was up 1.5 lbs this week, seem to have stalled the last couple of weeks :-( I also adore the bagel slims!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I usually eat cereal and usually have a slice of Melon & piece of fruit afterwards. I love the two healthy B's. I have developed an addiction to Country Kitchens bagel slims. I have one of those for lunch! Delicious!

Thank you so much everyone! :)

What cereal is good ? I find alot of what i like is high in syns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

All Bran all the way for me - tart it up with some fruit and it's great, so filling.
    If you like something sweeter you can have 35g of frosted or raisin wheats, fruit and fibre, sultana bran or bran flakes, or 30g honey nut shredded wheat, honey, coco, caramel or original Shreddies, or 35g blueberry wheats, or 30g all bran golden crunch... way more cereal choice than there was this time last year when I started!

dee_mc wrote: »
    All Bran all the way for me - tart it up with some fruit and it's great, so filling.
    If you like something sweeter you can have 35g of frosted or raisin wheats, fruit and fibre, sultana bran or bran flakes, or 30g honey nut shredded wheat, honey, coco, caramel or original Shreddies, or 35g blueberry wheats, or 30g all bran golden crunch... way more cereal choice than there was this time last year when I started!

Is that the same as bran flakes ? Sorry for the questions :D

Is that the same as bran flakes ? Sorry for the questions :D

No, All Bran is different, it looks like little twigs (!) and it's texture is similar to that of Scan Bran, if you've tried that. It's mildly sweet. Obviously full of fibre which can be, ahem, helpful :D It mushes up a good bit if you leave it in milk, less so if you use yogurt instead. I have it with raspberries and blueberries, yummy with banana too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hbonbr

I am guessing the cereals with high sysns contain a lot of sugar. I use weetabix, no syns. Maybe you should try a no sugar cereal and if you wish to, add sugar, eg honey and syn it yourself?

Are speed foods all free ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Are speed foods all free ?

Yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

m'lady wrote: »
    Yes!

And you should be eating lots of speed (1/3 minimum) with every meal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Just ask the local speed heads, skinny as rakes they are :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

In the car on the way home from Kerry after a weeks hols. Absolute nightmare and feel like utter cr@p - I went completely off plan - wasn't too horrific food wise but a nightmare alcohol wise - I never want to see alcohol again!!! I'm looking forward to getting back on plan. A big error was not planning properly and not eating enough. I'm weighing in Monday - dreading it - but I know (fingers crossed!!) that I can expect to lose a bit next week once I'm back on plan. However, can you guys let me know what an SP day is?? I think I might need a few of these - do you lay off the white carbs and have no syns??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Your meals are 50/50 speed/protein with no rice/potatoes etc. You get your healthy extra A and 2 healthy extra B, so you can have cereal and bread in the same day. You get your full 15 syns but you don't get "free" food other than the speed/protein in your meals. I've never done it because I much prefer having my free foods throughout the day.

Dolbert wrote: »
    Your meals are 50/50 speed/protein with no rice/potatoes etc. You get your healthy extra A and 2 healthy extra B, so you can have cereal and bread in the same day. You get your full 15 syns but you don't get "free" food other than the speed/protein in your meals. I've never done it because I much prefer having my free foods throughout the day.

What free food do you eat throughout the day out of interest?

I am enjoying SP and finding the no pasta & potatoes working out well :D I eat cereals like Bran Flakes, Blueberry Wheats, Fruit & Fibre, Weetabix & Shreddies. I have a different one every morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Well, I can't stand closed minds.... but hey - enjoy spending your money to be part of a club that would lose the money if you weren't in it

I've heard this line or similar trotted out before. Makes no sense at all.

66% of Irish men over 20 are overweight or obese, 50.9% of women the same. There is a virtually unlimited customer base out there. What's the smarter better business decision ? Sign up people, string them along a bit, lose a little weight, not too much, keep them coming back etc keep them until they eventually say hey it's not worth it and leave ? Or prove time and time again the results that happen for members ? These members recommend to friends who come along and join. More business growth / more footfall / more revenue. (Those who reach their goal weights become free members btw and don't pay)

Take the same view point over to other services dealing with fitness / the body. Physios for example. Do they encourage injury to keep their business up ? Do they deliberately sabotage your treatment to keep you coming back ? Of course they need people to be injured to require their services, doctors need people to be sick etc but that doesn't mean we should distrust physios and doctors or anyone who makes a living servicing something that has gone wrong. Fact is there is heading for 2 million overweight people in Ireland alone. They are there already. There will be more overweight people behind them over the years. Same as people will get sick and people will get injured. Slimming World "treats" the obesity, it doesn't cause it or encourage it. And the better it treats people the more business it will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

What free food do you eat throughout the day out of interest?

I am enjoying SP and finding the no pasta & potatoes working out well :D I eat cereals like Bran Flakes, Blueberry Wheats, Fruit & Fibre, Weetabix & Shreddies. I have a different one every morning :)

Where do you get the Blueberry Wheats? I want to start incorporating quick breakfast foods into my diet cause the summer is nearly over and I will be heading back to college. Those sound nice, I've never seen them before.

dcfc91 wrote: »
    Where do you get the Blueberry Wheats? I want to start incorporating quick breakfast foods into my diet cause the summer is nearly over and I will be heading back to college. Those sound nice, I've never seen them before.

Aldi and Tesco used to do them anyway, I've resisted buying them in the past year because I would eat them dry! They're lovely!

dcfc91 wrote: »

You can get them in Lidl & Tesco, they are really nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

I'm going to be starting Slimming World tomorrow...I got an old book off a friend as I just don't have the money/time to be going to the classes at the moment. Any tips or advice? I think I'm going to try the extra easy plan and see how I go with it...it's the plan that seems to have most of the food that I eat anyway as free foods so I reckon that even if I only do that for a few weeks to get into the swing of things, I can maybe move to the original plan for a boost!

I found out why i wasn' loosing weight. I was eating the wrong bread!! Instead of 400g wholemeal, i was eating out of a 800g brown.
    And i have frys 3/4 times a weak!!

I found out why i wasn' loosing weight. I was eating the wrong bread!! Instead of 400g wholemeal, i was eating out of a 800g brown.
    And i have frys 3/4 times a weak!!

Eek! Easy fix at least! I had terrible cravings for bread yesterday, probably because it was cold and I was tired and had to work unexpectedly - thank gawd for fat free Greek style yogurt at times like that!

Skintwin wrote: »
    I'm going to be starting Slimming World tomorrow...I got an old book off a friend as I just don't have the money/time to be going to the classes at the moment. Any tips or advice? I think I'm going to try the extra easy plan and see how I go with it...it's the plan that seems to have most of the food that I eat anyway as free foods so I reckon that even if I only do that for a few weeks to get into the swing of things, I can maybe move to the original plan for a boost!

Best of luck with SW. I would ensure that you are measuring your healthy extras and make sure you drink enough water. Keep it simple with EE for now and hope you do really well!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Best of luck with SW. I would ensure that you are measuring your healthy extras and make sure you drink enough water. Keep it simple with EE for now and hope you do really well!

Thanks a million! I'm quite good with water and recently got onto green tea too! My main problem is that I find it quite hard to exercise as I tore ligaments in my knee in February and recovery is slow. I was going great there for a while (crosstrainer and cycling as well) but in the last week I've hardly been able to walk. Hoping that slimming world will help me get rid of a few pounds while I'm getting better. Going on holiday in September too, so I want to look my best! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Hi there! Thanks for all the reminders re water etc!! How many Syns in knorr quick lunch spaghetti bolognese? Does anyone know? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Wesser wrote: »
    Hi there! Thanks for all the reminders re water etc!! How many Syns in knorr quick lunch spaghetti bolognese? Does anyone know? Thanks

If you are on Facebook, the page "syns allowed" is great for finding out syn values of foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Weigh in later.................gulp

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My friend went and nominated me for woman of the year (I've only list 1 stone) and I'm supposed to say a few words later etc etc. ....eh.... ME?!?!?! :confused:
    I could kill her - I know she'll do a runner after she weighs in too! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Weigh in this evening after a week off for my holidays to Paris! Definitely dreading it but I had an amazing holiday so whatever damage is done will be ok! Food wise I wasn't great and had a few drinks which I had almost eliminated in the last few months. But on the plus side I did walk 61 miles in the 5 days I was away!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement