Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Wellyd wrote: »
    Weigh in this evening after a week off for my holidays to Paris! Definitely dreading it but I had an amazing holiday so whatever damage is done will be ok! Food wise I wasn't great and had a few drinks which I had almost eliminated in the last few months. But on the plus side I did walk 61 miles in the 5 days I was away!

You might be pleasantly surprised, maybe all the walking could even out the drinks and food! Plenty of water up until 2/3 hours before weigh in to try flush some of it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

m'lady wrote: »
    You might be pleasantly surprised, maybe all the walking could even out the drinks and food! Plenty of water up until 2/3 hours before weigh in to try flush some of it out!

Unfortunately weigh in is at 7.30 this evening! I drank gallons of water and did walk lots but still I really don't mind a gain because I had such an amazing time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Down 2, happy with that as its a healthy amount to get down in a week.

Back training this week so hoping that will help me keep the weight loss up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Down 3lbs! In complete and total shock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

tk123 wrote: »
    My friend went and nominated me for woman of the year (I've only list 1 stone) and I'm supposed to say a few words later etc etc. ....eh.... ME?!?!?! :confused:
    I could kill her - I know she'll do a runner after she weighs in too! :rolleyes:

Me too! Wtf do I say? "I generally hate the diet industry but SW is the best of a bad lot" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Their scales is broken. I'm down 3.5 lbs. I drank every night, had a 99, a frozen pizza and a takeaway?!?! I need to be careful this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Up 1.5 grrrr blaming star week on that!! :(

ANYWAYS ... is this right :

Coffee light frappe in Starbucks is 7 syns
    There's max 200ml of skimmed milk (I kept the cup today and measured it lol :P ) = 3 syns

So if I use skimmed milk as my hex A the frappe is only 4 syns?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

highly1111 wrote: »
    Their scales is broken. I'm down 3.5 lbs. I drank every night, had a 99, a frozen pizza and a takeaway?!?! I need to be careful this week.

Was it broken for everyone? ;)
    I've had a few of those weeks too, feckin great when it happens :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I got nominated for the woman of the year thing too
    I've no idea what to say either
    Maybe something along the lines of 'I think I should get the last parachute because I'm great' ? :D

dee_mc wrote: »
    Was it broken for everyone? ;)
    I've had a few of those weeks too, feckin great when it happens :D

Funny I thought it was wobbly this evening!:p

• Advertisement

Wellyd wrote: »
    Down 3lbs! In complete and total shock!

Told ya!

Was down 1.5 lbs, getting my 2 stone award.. Absolutely delighted!

A couple of ncv this week, my rings are getting to big for me meaning my Nannys engagement ring given to me on my 21st now fits, it never did! and tried on a couple of pairs of shoes and it looks like I'm gone down half a size!

Dolbert wrote: »
    Me too! Wtf do I say? "I generally hate the diet industry but SW is the best of a bad lot" :pac:

We were asked 3 questions so it wasn't as bad as I thought lol!!

why did you join
    why do you like it
    how will you feel /what are you looking forward to most about achieving you're goal.

The person I nominated won so I was delighted for her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Well done everyone, some amazing results & for those who didn't do too well, there is always next week.

As it is tasters this week, I won't stay to group (unless I get nominated for woman of the year but as I am new to this group, I highly doubt I will lol) I lapsed a bit on the water yesterday so will try to make it up today.. Star week has arrived so who knows what that will mean on the scales!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Vahevala wrote: »
    Well done everyone, some amazing results & for those who didn't do too well, there is always next week.

As it is tasters this week, I won't stay to group (unless I get nominated for woman of the year but as I am new to this group, I highly doubt I will lol) I lapsed a bit on the water yesterday so will try to make it up today.. Star week has arrived so who knows what that will mean on the scales!

Would that not make you want to stay?

Taster week next week.

I'm working on slow cooked smoked bbq beans served butterflied Cajun chicken and bulgar wheat.

I'm aiming for 0 syns and i think i can do it !

Monife wrote: »
    Would that not make you want to stay?

No, not a fan of them. I can't eat cheese or chocolate so am wary of what is in the meals and I get nothing from it really. I get much more from the normal image therapy sessions.

No, not a fan of them. I can't eat cheese or chocolate so am wary of what is in the meals and I get nothing from it really. I get much more from the normal image therapy sessions.

I wouldn't really be a fan either. Only that my eejit friend nominated me I would have left after weigh-in as well!! I don't like staying and wasting syns on stuff that I could spend more wisely myself!...I don't eat tomatoes so would avoid anything in a sauce and anything with scanbran/mullerlight wouldn't be my thing anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Red_Apple

I'm thinking of joining sw again. I had great success with it a few years ago ( lost 4 stone) stopped going and put some of it back on. So how do you find the new plan? What is the difference in the new extra easy and the old? I had most success when doing red days (not a surprise as I have pcos) but got frustrated in group as she never talked about red plan.

Great losses here so hoping you guys can steer me in the right direction! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Down one pound this week. Little by little☺

• Advertisement

Down one pound this week. Little by little

Perfect attitude !!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Perfect attitude !!

Thanks for that! Put a smile on my faceðŸ˜႒

Thanks for that! Put a smile on my faceðŸ˜႒

Small constant loses, its been proven that the slower it comes off the slower it is to go back on !

Keep it up or down should i say !!

Red_Apple wrote: »
    I'm thinking of joining sw again. I had great success with it a few years ago ( lost 4 stone) stopped going and put some of it back on. So how do you find the new plan? What is the difference in the new extra easy and the old? I had most success when doing red days (not a surprise as I have pcos) but got frustrated in group as she never talked about red plan.

Great losses here so hoping you guys can steer me in the right direction! Cheers

The main differences really are that they changed the names of some of the plan, meat, beans, fish are now protein and they got rid of the superspeed name and just have speed, they did change some of the fruits to not count as speed anymore e.g. Pineapple, Bananas, Blueberries & Kiwis for instance are not speed.

You could do EE and just limit the carbs if you felt that would help you. The consultants don't talk about red & green days anymore and the new books or syns online will not list the red day syns/plan anymore.

Best of luck with SW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Was only down a pound, a bit disappointed to be honest. Was really busy all week, worked for a huge function at the weekend was flat out.

Anyway, bring on the next week and fingers crossed it will show then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Down 2lb, delighted with that. My aim is 1lb a week, thatll mean by Christmas ill be down almost 4stone. Doable I hope! 1lb to go until my 2 and a half stone, and the lightest I remember being in at least 3 years. Good luck to all in the week ahead. I'm off to a posh spa hotel on the 28th for two nights, so need to be super good until then as I will be off plan for those couple of days and will enjoy every min of it. Ten years with my other half so he's taking me off to celebrate. Something to aim for!

Was only down a pound, a bit disappointed to be honest. Was really busy all week, worked for a huge function at the weekend was flat out.

Anyway, bring on the next week and fingers crossed it will show then.

Hey a loss is a loss, small constant gains will show results !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Down half a lb but im happy with that as i havent been to group in about 2-3 wks, going to be really good now as i will hit my next target it i loose 2 lbs more so i REALLY want to get that !

I have just found out that I have been nominated for Woman of the Year now :eek: I really didn't expect to as I am so new to the group!

Here is the latest before & after pic of me:

27wvga9.jpg

7 stone 2.5 lbs difference in the before & after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

I have just found out that I have been nominated for Woman of the Year now :eek: I really didn't expect to as I am so new to the group!

Here is the latest before & after pic of me:

27wvga9.jpg

7 stone 2.5 lbs difference in the before & after.

That is an amazing loss !!! You certainly deserve it !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement