Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Surely SW can't actually be this easy? I'm on day 2 and I'll be honest...I don't feel like I'm dieting at all! SW is great!
    On a slightly more serious note, how important is it to actually eat the Healthy Extra B choice every day? I forgot to have it yesterday and now that I've switched to omelettes for breakfast and big salads for lunch, I'm not really missing bread and cereal. The lack of bread wouldn't really bother me anyway...I could eat bread once a week normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Skintwin wrote: »
    Surely SW can't actually be this easy? I'm on day 2 and I'll be honest...I don't feel like I'm dieting at all! SW is great!
    On a slightly more serious note, how important is it to actually eat the Healthy Extra B choice every day? I forgot to have it yesterday and now that I've switched to omelettes for breakfast and big salads for lunch, I'm not really missing bread and cereal. The lack of bread wouldn't really bother me anyway...I could eat bread once a week normally.

Well i'm on week 3 and yes i find it fairly easy. Breakfast can be tough with getting options that suit but its all about planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

They want to ensure that you are getting the right amount of fibre in your diet, you could eat the hifi bars/benefit light bars from Aldi?

Well i'm on week 3 and yes i find it fairly easy. Breakfast can be tough with getting options that suit but its all about planning.

I might just have to throw a slice of bread into the mix with the salad at lunchtime every now and then!

Vahevala wrote: »
    They want to ensure that you are getting the right amount of fibre in your diet, you could eat the hifi bars/benefit light bars from Aldi?

I'd forgotten about them...I'll grab them on Friday, thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I might just have to throw a slice of bread into the mix with the salad at lunchtime every now and then!

You could have some nuts or seeds over your salad (whichever is the approved healthy b choice). Loads of options in the book :)

I do that by having poached eggs and toast !

I also have bulgar wheat in my salads and a cup of that has 20% of my fibre needs so that helps !

Quinoa is also good for fibre in a salad or even on your plate for your evening meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

On the way back from the beach and told my hubby we should get a Chinese. Going to get the chicken and mushroom dish.I love the way I can do this and stay on plan. SW is really working for me - 13 lbs in 5 weeks including a week holidays. It really feels like a lifestyle change and not a diet.

highly1111 wrote: »
    On the way back from the beach and told my hubby we should get a Chinese. Going to get the chicken and mushroom dish.I love the way I can do this and stay on plan. SW is really working for me - 13 lbs in 5 weeks including a week holidays. It really feels like a lifestyle change and not a diet.

Yep i need to look into the chinese options, i can't stand that chicken and mushroom dish but my wife loves it.

Tayto park for me tomorrow and YES i will have a bag ( or two ) and wife's birthday so a glass ( or bucket ) of wine and then away with her Friday night for and prob a fry on sat morning so tough week:(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Another half pound down and I won woman of the year in my group! Embarrassing but lovely :)
    That brings me to a loss of 4 stone 7.5 pounds, 8.5 pounds to target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Red_Apple

The main differences really are that they changed the names of some of the plan, meat, beans, fish are now protein and they got rid of the superspeed name and just have speed, they did change some of the fruits to not count as speed anymore e.g. Pineapple, Bananas, Blueberries & Kiwis for instance are not speed.

You could do EE and just limit the carbs if you felt that would help you. The consultants don't talk about red & green days anymore and the new books or syns online will not list the red day syns/plan anymore.

Best of luck with SW :)

Thanks, not much of a change then. Definitely giving it another shot. I did so well on the plan but thought I could do it by myself. I need the group I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Congrats to those who got nominated for woman of the year. While I don't know you it seems justified from your posts so it's well deserved and not suprising. Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I have just found out that I have been nominated for Woman of the Year now :eek: I really didn't expect to as I am so new to the group!

Ah you're selling yourself short!! Your posts here on FB are really inspirational/motivating! Enjoy wearing your tiara lol :D - I'd cut my hair the day before and it was too short to wear it lol!! :P

tk123 wrote: »
    Ah you're selling yourself short!! Your posts here on FB are really inspirational/motivating! Enjoy wearing your tiara lol :D - I'd cut my hair the day before and it was too short to wear it lol!! :P

Hey, I want a tiara!! I got a sash and a cert and a lovely pen but no tiara :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jo33

Well done everyone on your losses. I really enjoy this thread. Just back after 2 weeks on holiday. Usually WI on Mondays but decided to go today and get back in track - am up 4.5lbs!! Onwards and upwards, no wait, downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

dee_mc wrote: »
    Hey, I want a tiara!! I got a sash and a cert and a lovely pen but no tiara :(

The nominees in our group all got a rose and a tiara :pac:

The nominees in our group all got a rose and a tiara :pac:

Aw that's lovely, how fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I didn't win Woman of the Year but it was lovely to be nominated! The lady who won definitely deserved it. I stayed the same this week, probably due to my galivanting down the country for my mother's birthday and the ensuing meals/drinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Hi all,

Im new to SW. Does anybody know the cost of the SW magazine in class compared to buying in a shop? Is it any good?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

SATSUMA wrote: »
    Hi all,

Im new to SW. Does anybody know the cost of the SW magazine in class compared to buying in a shop? Is it any good?

thanks

Hey.. I think it's €1.90 in class versus €4 something in a shop so it's a fairly could discount in class! I love the magazine, the success stories are very motivational and recipes are good.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much :) I am all set now, have my old clothes with me (size 24 top & 26 trousers), I tried on the jeans last night and no joke, I could have worn them as a dress! It was absolutely hilarious and shocking how big the legs were :eek::eek::eek: It really seemed to hit home how much I have lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

SATSUMA wrote: »
    Hi all,

thanks

The magazine is €2.90 in group. I like it for the recipes and success stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 FebruaryStars

Hi everyone,
    I've just started SW (I'm only 4 days in!) and I'm looking for advice on Syns please. I did search first but haven't found an answer. I only want to lose 6kgs (about 13 pounds), so does this mean that I should use fewer Syns than the recommended limit?
    According to SW online info you should have 10-15 Syns per day if you have 2 to 3 stone to lose. So I'm thinking I should aim for 5 to 10, right?

Thanks in advance :)

I am so happy tonight, I lost 1lb which means I am 2 lbs away from my 5 & 1/2 stone award with SW and in total, 7 stone 3.5lbs gone. Not only that, but I won Woman of the Year, I am so delighted & happy. Amazing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I am so happy tonight, I lost 1lb which means I am 2 lbs away from my 5 & 1/2 stone award with SW and in total, 7 stone 3.5lbs gone. Not only that, but I won Woman of the Year, I am so delighted & happy. Amazing. :D

You 100% deserve it! Congratulations! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Well done vahevala,you have done an amazing job. Delighted for you :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

You deserved it and you've done brilliantly so far.

I was up 2.5lbs today but I intend to have it gone by next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jo33

Well done that's fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Down 1 last night, and have an absolute MANIC 4-5 weeks ahead of me. 3lb to revised target. Feel like I'll never get there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Also just found this article online, basically saying low fat trumps low carb when you're trying to lose weight. Good news for those of us following the SW plan- we're doing it right!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement