Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Thanks so much everyone, so happy with myself and still have the biggest smile on my face :D

I can't enter the district finals as I am away on that date :(

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I was down another one and half pounds this week. I had a good week and was expecting more than this but my period arrived early.
    I have been doing more work in the gym so I know from before that when I started to do more exercise it took a while to show on the scales. I saw photos taken of me last Nov and I can see the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Down 3 pounds this week. 1ST 3lb left until my target. I have now lost 2st 4lb this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Holiday week for me, busy and food filled weekend so makes sense as i have to work late this evening anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Shocker of the century..................

..............I won woman of the year in my group! I can't believe it I'm so shocked. But so delighted

I'm currently sitting in my pjs drinking tea wearing my new sash! I'm never taking it off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Wellyd wrote: »
    Shocker of the century..................

..............I won woman of the year in my group! I can't believe it I'm so shocked. But so delighted

I'm currently sitting in my pjs drinking tea wearing my new sash! I'm never taking it off!

I'm not one bit shocked ;)
    Fair play and enjoy the sash, I've been joking that I've been wearing mine in the shower to keep it clean :D

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Well done to everyone. Down a half pound tonight. Gutted I didn't make the full pound to.make the one stone mark but I'm happy as I think I lost far more than I deserved to last week. Gonna get that one stone award next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Also just found this article online, basically saying low fat trumps low carb when you're trying to lose weight. Good news for those of us following the SW plan- we're doing it right!

In that very article they say:
    "He pointed out that the research was limited by its small sample size, with only 19 participants recruited, and the menus followed were not a true reflection of "normal dieting". Nor did the study take into account which diet people would find easier to stick to over extended periods."

...so I wouldn't get too carried away. 19 is a very small sample size and the study doesn't necessarily reflect how a person in the real world would behave/react with no scientists monitoring them.

Anyone have any idea for low syn cinema snacks.

Also does weekly syns work ?

I'm going out for food after so i know i'll be over today.

Made these for taster night last night they were actually quite yum and had them prepared and baked in less than 15 minutes.

SW Rolo Cupcakes
    (Makes 10)
    2 syns each

Ingredients
    3 eggs
    1 cup of sweetener
    1 tsp of vanilla extract
    1 tbsp of cocoa powder
    55g self raising flour
    1 sachet of options hot chocolate or cadburys highlight
    10 rolos

Whisk the 3 eggs with the sweetener and the vanilla extract until they are light and fluffy. (It's easier if you use an electric mixer!)
    Fold in the flour, cocoa powder and hot chocolate sachet.
    Divide out the mixture between 10 cupcake cases.
    Cook in a 180 degree oven for 5 minutes.
    Take them out of the oven and gently push a rolo down into the cupcake.
    Cook for 5-8 minutes more.

They taste best warm from the oven!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Made these for taster night last night they were actually quite yum and had them prepared and baked in less than 15 minutes.

SW Rolo Cupcakes
    (Makes 10)
    2 syns each

Ingredients
    3 eggs
    1 cup of sweetener
    1 tsp of vanilla extract
    1 tbsp of cocoa powder
    55g self raising flour
    1 sachet of options hot chocolate or cadburys highlight
    10 rolos

Whisk the 3 eggs with the sweetener and the vanilla extract until they are light and fluffy. (It's easier if you use an electric mixer!)
    Fold in the flour, cocoa powder and hot chocolate sachet.
    Divide out the mixture between 10 cupcake cases.
    Cook in a 180 degree oven for 5 minutes.
    Take them out of the oven and gently push a rolo down into the cupcake.
    Cook for 5-8 minutes more.

They taste best warm from the oven!

Thanks, think I'll make these for my taster too, I have been craving something sweet and cakey too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I've been thinking of making those rolo cup cakes but can I ask you welld did you put a full cup of sweetener into them?

m'lady wrote: »
    I've been thinking of making those rolo cup cakes but can I ask you welld did you put a full cup of sweetener into them?

I did put a whole cup of sweetener in and it wasn't overly sweet. I've had a problem with the aftertaste of the sweetener when I made the brownies and I actually binned them but these were just right. If you can get your hands on a fudge or caramel flavour hot chocolate sachet it really adds to the flavour.

I got Dad to take this pic of me tonight, it is a little blurry, he isn't great at taking the shots :D

2zg7luo.jpg

Ah that's brilliant, good on you!
    I bought new bras and jeans today, down another size, yay :)
    But I don't think I've lost anything this week, can't seem to get myself to drink water and I'm really feeling the difference. Fingers crossed for weigh in tomorrow anyway!

dee_mc wrote: »
    Ah that's brilliant, good on you!
    I bought new bras and jeans today, down another size, yay :)
    But I don't think I've lost anything this week, can't seem to get myself to drink water and I'm really feeling the difference. Fingers crossed for weigh in tomorrow anyway!

Well done, talking about water, I have hardly drank anything, no excuse for it either... just hope I haven't gained...

I gave around 10 tops to the charity shop today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I did put a whole cup of sweetener in and it wasn't overly sweet. I've had a problem with the aftertaste of the sweetener when I made the brownies and I actually binned them but these were just right. If you can get your hands on a fudge or caramel flavour hot chocolate sachet it really adds to the flavour.

Great, thanks.. Might do them tomorrow so!

So wierd,

I went to the cinema yesterday, had 2 packs of sweets and a Burger king after. I'm down 2lb. How does that work ?

I had 7 pieces of fruit yesterday, but still.

So wierd,

I went to the cinema yesterday, had 2 packs of sweets and a Burger king after. I'm down 2lb. How does that work ?

I had 7 pieces of fruit yesterday, but still.

I've had that happen once or twice and believe me the only advice I can give you is don't think you're invincible! It can catch up on you!

I've had that happen once or twice and believe me the only advice I can give you is don't think you're invincible! It can catch up on you!

Oh I don't. I was expecting a few lb gain. This is my first treat day in a while, so I decided to enjoy it.

• Advertisement

Oh I don't. I was expecting a few lb gain. This is my first treat day in a while, so I decided to enjoy it.

You did right! Don't ever feel deprived, an occasional treat isn't going to do any harm. I had a bag of chips the other day and I absolutely devoured them!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Vahevala wrote: »
    I got Dad to take this pic of me tonight, it is a little blurry, he isn't great at taking the shots :D

2zg7luo.jpg

AMAZING!! you should be so so so proud of yourself!!

Half a pound up, not surprised as I felt chunkier all week, not drinking enough water. Glad it wasn't more!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I was down 3 lbs today and a half a pound off my 3.5 stone award.
    I went shopping this week for some new clothes. I felt good as some of the things I tried on were to big.
    I have a social event coming up in the next few weeks. I will be meeting people that have not seen me since last Christmas.
    I am aiming to have 4 stone plus gone by then.

Can I also say to Vahevala that you showing the rest of us what we can achieve with some hard work.

Thanks everyone :D

Well weigh in has rolled around once again, not feeling very confident, food wise I have been ok but in the evenings, I just want to snack and snack... may need bigger dinners :o

I have hardly drunk any water, my own fault, anyway hopefully I get a loss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Down 1lb, happy with that as I had a hectic weekend with visitors and my husband's 50th party but stuck to plan since Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Lost 1lb this week and nearly fell off the scales in shock! Had a half a pound on last week and we left for a wedding away down the country straight after weigh in. First stop was Supermacs, second stop was for ice cream, 3rd stop was for chocolate and it kept going from then, landed home wrecked on Sat evening and ordered pizza then.... True I did get back on plan Sunday and must say I didn't enjoy eating like I used to half as much as I thought I would, was craving broccoli. Still thinking it might catch up me on the scales next week but I'll do everything this week to try and stop it. Have a grand total of 3st 2.5lb off and would love to have my 4st award in time for my wedding in 10 weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Down 2 pounds this week. Over 3 stone lost altogether. Still have a little tum left that I really want gone. An currently 63 kg but think I want to go to 62 or maybe even sub 60. My tummy is the first to appear and last to go, the weight comes off every where else first. When I put on the weight and go over 60 kg, it always comes on to the tum first.
    So exhausted of this and really want to go and eat what I want for a while. Been at this for months and months. Looking for an easy answer but I know it doesn't exist. Huh hmmm.

Lost 1lb, I am going like a snail at the moment towards target lol. I will take it. tomorrow, I am on the water, I have to push myself much more with that and will just keep trying... 1lb to my 5 & 1/2 stone award and going away for a few days after the next WI so would love a nice figure!

I think I will try a full EE week and see where that takes me :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Looks like everyone had a great week! I After a few slow weeks, I was delighted to be down 3.5lb tonight! Aiming for another 2lb next week to get my 2.5 stone award :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement