Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

So our taster day isn't til next week, who wants some syn free lemon curd? :P
    Such an eejit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Down another pound, boom!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Where does the muller light yoghurt fit in on the sheet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

CaraMay wrote: »
    Where does the muller light yoghurt fit in on the sheet?

Most muller lights (the plain vanilla, strawberry, fruit flavoured ones) are free. Tbh I'd use them for when you have sugar cravings rather than as a couple of times a day thing cause of the sugar content.

1.5lbs down, and bought some of the new chocolate orange hifi bars. Yum, can't wait to try them!

• Advertisement

Oh Jenny you are in for a treat, they are delicious, just like a Terry ' s chocolate orange! I may have bought 3 boxes!!

dee_mc wrote: »
    Oh Jenny you are in for a treat, they are delicious, just like a Terry ' s chocolate orange! I may have bought 3 boxes!!

I got my sister to buy me two (wasn't at class because I'm broke til I have welfare sorted with work!) after I weighed myself (my scales match sw scales thank god), hoping and praying they'd be like Terry's chocolate orange :D

SP day tomorrow so I'll use them for one of my B options :D

They taste exactly like a chocolate orange, unbelievable value for 3 syns! Much more satisfying than the double choc, which is usually my go-to hifi bar!
    Enjoy them and well done today!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Went to sw today. It was my birthday during the week. I decided that I would enjoy the day and had a meal out along with a few other treats.
    I ate plenty of free food the 2 days before but ate less syns.
    The day after my birthday I went back on plan and went for a walk.
    I went for a 3km walk another day and got back to the gym also.

My attitude was I was going to enjoy my day. I would have been happy to maintain and if I was up slightly it was going to be gone next week.
    Before sw if I had a bad day it would lead to a bad week.

Today I was down a one and half pounds - now over 3 stone gone.
    I have a social event in a few weeks which will be full of people that have not seen me since last Christmas. I plan to have a few great weeks now as I want to have 4 stone gone my then.
    Good luck to every one this week. Agree with other posts the new choclate orange bars are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Weigh in day rolls around again :eek:

I have tried so very hard this week (5 days SP and 2 red days) so I am desperate for a good weigh in.

Today I am wearing size 12 tops, I started in tops as size 24. So delighted! I am going to a BBQ tonight, it is my Parents 47th wedding anniversary, I am bringing my own sausages but I will have my first flexi night in ages :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

1.5lbs down, and bought some of the new chocolate orange hifi bars. Yum, can't wait to try them!

They are rather rather nice !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Raging - my leader said she'd have the choc orange bars in class on Tuesday and then they weren't there when I got there. Apparently the delivery man attempted delivery 3 times but she wasn't there :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I have been doing this since January and I have lost 2St 1Lb.

My weight loss has slowed down recently, so I was wondering if someone could look at my diet. I have been eating this stuff more or less all year.

BREAKFEAST

One of

. Fry with Fryed egg, 2 Quorn sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, 2 * slices of Irish pride slinsters bread toasted.
    . Bowel of shredies with milk
    . Fruit in fat free yogurt.

Lunch
    . Pasta in passesta sauce, with a big salad.
    . 3/4 piece of fruit

Dinner

.Pasta in passesta sauce, with a big salad.
    . Baked potatoes with monzerella cheese, salad and beans.
    . Risotto and salad
    . Mushy pea curry
    . Chile with Quorn mince

Snacks

Fruit
    Low fat yogurt
    100Kcal twix's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

My weight loss has slowed down recently, so I was wondering if someone could look at my diet. I have been eating this stuff more or less all year.

Has your movement/exercise increased at all ? Eating well will only get you so far, at a certain point you need to do more to burn off those calories as the body doesn't need as many.

You really need to keep varying the foods, your body gets used to the same foods so try to introduce new ones and keep mixing things.

Has your movement/exercise increased at all ? Eating well will only get you so far, at a certain point you need to do more to burn off those calories as the body doesn't need as many.

Yea I walk my dogs most days, and I have recently got a job in contruction, so I'm kept going.
    I think I'll introduce new foods,

Do you have much more to lose? My losses have slowed dramatically the closer I get to target. Maybe increase the water as well.

Yea I walk my dogs most days, and I have recently got a job in contruction, so I'm kept going.
    I think I'll introduce new foods,

Have you seen the new SW veg book? Only got to glance at it yesterday in group but it looks great, you might get some new ideas there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Maybe try to vary what you're eating - i was the same having the same things all the time and it took me 2 months to lose 1.5lbs!! I was gong up and down but not actually getting anywhere until I changed things up.

I have about another stone to go until my target. Maybe that's why it's slowing down.

• Advertisement

I have about another stone to go until my target. Maybe that's why it's slowing down.

Yes I am more or less the same as you to go, it gets much slower the closer you get and harder to shift the weight but hang on in there.

Do some SP days each week? The loss of things like fat free yogurt, pasta and potatoes/rice on those days will make a difference.

Do some SP days each week? The loss of things like fat free yogurt, pasta and potatoes/rice on those days will make a difference.

Are SP days really effective if you do them on and off,=. Do you not have to do a week of SP ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Are SP days really effective if you do them on and off,=. Do you not have to do a week of SP ?

2/3 days a week should be plenty.

What do you ear for Breakfeast on a SP day.

What do you ear for Breakfeast on a SP day.

For me, an SP day goes like this (remember, you get two B choices on an SP day):

Breakfast - omelette made from three eggs, chicken, spinach and tomatoes, with some strawberries and maybe an apple if I've got time.

Lunch - sandwich on Brennans Be Good wholemeal bread (B choice number 1), with bacon and cheese (A choice), an apple and raspberries.

Dinner - salad (turkey, tomatoes, carrots, spinach, lettuce, cucumber) or a Bolognese (lean mince, sauce I make myself from passata, garlic, basil and cayenne pepper) on a bed of veggies (usually carrots, cauliflower, broccoli) instead of pasta.

Snack - two hifi light bars (second B choice).

Might use 4.5 syns on a pack of skips with lunch, or some more syns for butter for my sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

2 and half pounds down yeah!!
    Sp is best done 2 days a week imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

2.5lb off today and found out the hard way I'm allergic to the new choc orange bars, sickened, they are so yummy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Got my stone award tonight, I'm so pleased as I was at a wedding last weekend and was fully convinced that I had gained despite getting right back on the plan the day after.

• Advertisement

I am so happy to report that I lost 2.5 lbs last night at Slimming World, that means I have lost 5 stone 4 lbs, so 3 lbs away from my 5 & 1/2 stone award!! I have lost 7 stone 2.5 lbs in total!

Can you believe I have lost 100.5 lbs! Unbelievable really :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement