Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It's the taste. I can taste the sea in it! The bones freak me out a little.

I got a Tuna steak before and I didn't enjoy it at all. I tried a pan fried Salmon last week and added herbs to it and nope, still couldn't finish it.

Stick with a plain white fish and make a nice curry paste. Cover the fish in the paste and bake in the oven...............YUM

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

It's the taste. I can taste the sea in it! The bones freak me out a little.

I got a Tuna steak before and I didn't enjoy it at all. I tried a pan fried Salmon last week and added herbs to it and nope, still couldn't finish it.

Cod and chips. Can't be beat. Use your hex B for breadcrumbs to save syns

http://www.slimmingworld.ie/recipes/fish-and-chips.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Dodge wrote: »
    Cod and chips. Can't be beat. Use your hex B for breadcrumbs to save syns

http://www.slimmingworld.ie/recipes/fish-and-chips.aspx

I'm not actually doing slimming world!

I like to read the support the posters give each other in this thread so I read it regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I'd give my left arm to like fish but I just can't. It's not for the lack of trying either.

I don't like it either. The taste, the bones, the smell... yuck!

Funny thing is though I have started liking prawns but only done in a chilli garlic ginger stir fry. Not plain, ever, like some people do with salads etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I tried the fish sticks that people eat as a snack... I nearly got sick. Oh yuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Vahevala wrote: »
    I tried the fish sticks that people eat as a snack... I nearly got sick. Oh yuck.

I'm addicted to them!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Monife wrote: »
    I don't like it either. The taste, the bones, the smell... yuck!

Funny thing is though I have started liking prawns but only done in a chilli garlic ginger stir fry. Not plain, ever, like some people do with salads etc.

I tried prawns too and ick! I tried raw fish when I was in America last year. Didn't like it at all but my host family were delighted that I didn't refuse to try it as they knew I didn't like fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭deisemum

Would you try cubes of monkfish wrapped in pancetta or ham and pan fry it and then serve with a sauce or dip that's low in syns.

I love fish and would have a variety of it on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭deisemum

Mussels steamed in wine and/or water with slices of garlic and diced onion, cheap and tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Down half a pound :)
    2 pounds to go to 4.5 stone award.
    All this talk of fish is making me hungry, I have salmon a couple of times a week simply baked in the oven with lemon and salt and pepper and served with SW chips and veg or with pasta and homemade tomatoey sauce, mmm mmm mmm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I'm not actually doing slimming world!

GET OUT!!!!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jo33

Where did you buy this food thermos? how long does the food stay warm for? I would be interested in this :)

Hi Vahevala I got it from Amazon. Have used it a few times. Very good performance so far

We're having a taster day next week, anyone have any recipe suggestions for something sweet and low syn, maybe biscuits or something? I've made the brownies before, would like to try something new. I just trawled through all the recipes on the website and nothing tickled my fancy, maybe I'm just in bad form!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Thank you so much, I think I was just a bit down the other day and let it get to me. do you find it easy to run with the armband? my phone is a large one (galaxy s4)

I will be going back to the running possibly on Friday (after Thursdays weigh in) depending on what the weather is like, I do enjoy it and strangely enough I have missed it :eek:

That sounds like a good plan that you are following, I must look into that! Thanks for the tips!

Running with an arm band is easy - i have an iphone 5 so the galaxy is probably lighter but a bit bigger. I like to have mine high up on my arm and slightly turned in - can be tricky to get in a good position initially but it won't take long and you won't even notice it.

I think running gives such a sense if satisfaction and a real high. I had a couple of bad days eating and didn't run on Mon night due to the bad weather. I did my run on Tues and while it's short (3.5km) it has a very long tough uphill section. Well i ended up doing a PB on that route and i just felt so good about myself, it was easy to forget about and draw a line under the monday night munchies. Even if i hadn't had the PB it just feels so good to go out and do something more. So i hope you get back into it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

dee_mc wrote: »
    We're having a taster day next week, anyone have any recipe suggestions for something sweet and low syn, maybe biscuits or something? I've made the brownies before, would like to try something new. I just trawled through all the recipes on the website and nothing tickled my fancy, maybe I'm just in bad form!

Last taster I made weetabix muffins, used 2 weetabix, 2 eggs, tbsp sweetener 2 fat free greek style lemon yogurts from aldi and a dash of lemon extract.I use the silicone muffin cases, 15-20 mins in the oven at 180 or until a knife comes out clean I make them every now and again stretch out your HEXB great and nice and sweet

Last taster I made weetabix muffins, used 2 weetabix, 2 eggs, tbsp sweetener 2 fat free greek style lemon yogurts from aldi and a dash of lemon extract.I use the silicone muffin cases, 15-20 mins in the oven at 180 or until a knife comes out clean I make them every now and again stretch out your HEXB great and nice and sweet

Oh excellent I'll see if I can dig out some weetabix! Cheers for that :) How many muffins would that make?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Just bought a breville halo fryer. Anyone have one or any nice receipes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Pleasantly surprised to be down a pound this week, got my 2 stone award too :)

Makes about 5 medium size muffins, you can use any flavour yogurt, I've used toffee muller light and vanilla essence before and they were beautiful too

• Registered Users Posts: 32 musicmammy

Quote :We're having a taster day next week, anyone have any recipe suggestions for something sweet and low syn, maybe biscuits or something? I've made the brownies before, would like to try something new.

I have made syn free lemon curd and used it to fill/ice low syn cakes and eaten it as a dessert too. Lovely if you like lemon.

Put grated rind and juice of a lemon in a bowl with 3 tablespoons of sweetener ( adjust to own personal taste). In separate bowl whisk 2 large eggs til frothy then pour over lemon mixture.
    Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water stirring the mixture frequently until thickened
    (takes a while,5-10 mins).
    When cooled a bit, add 2 oz/60g fat free fromage frais or quark and whisk til smooth.
    Keeps for up to 5 days in the fridge.

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »

Someone made their own ferror roche at our last taster, they were divine. Think it's 2 Weetabix crushed, 2 tbsp nutella, mix and roll into small balls and dip in choc options as a coating. Yum!!

Monife wrote: »
    Someone made their own ferror roche at our last taster, they were divine. Think it's 2 Weetabix crushed, 2 tbsp nutella, mix and roll into small balls and dip in choc options as a coating. Yum!!

Oh yeah I made those before Christmas using Scan Bran instead of Weetabix, they were really nice! Not sure if I could be trusted with Nutella in the house this week though :o

musicmammy wrote: »
    Quote :We're having a taster day next week, anyone have any recipe suggestions for something sweet and low syn, maybe biscuits or something? I've made the brownies before, would like to try something new.

I have made syn free lemon curd and used it to fill/ice low syn cakes and eaten it as a dessert too. Lovely if you like lemon.

Put grated rind and juice of a lemon in a bowl with 3 tablespoons of sweetener ( adjust to own personal taste). In separate bowl whisk 2 large eggs til frothy then pour over lemon mixture.
    Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water stirring the mixture frequently until thickened
    (takes a while,5-10 mins).
    When cooled a bit, add 2 oz/60g fat free fromage frais or quark and whisk til smooth.
    Keeps for up to 5 days in the fridge.

This sounds great, thank you!

Lost half a pound today, was expecting more but hopefully be off next week instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Weighed in tonight, very down and disappointed :( I stayed the same (which I know is better than a gain) but I followed the plan and drank 2 litres of water every day. I have literally ground to a halt lately!!

I think I have overconsumed on fruit lately and possibly had too many carbs.. so back to the drawing board. This week I am cutting back on fruit and knocking carbs on the head. I suppose if losing weight was so easy.. we would all be at target easily! I did buy another 12 week countdown and felt my consultant really helped tonight so I am thankful for the group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Don't get disheartened Vahevala, your body has lost so much in the last year, it needs to play catch-up sometimes! Easier said than done I know.

I made the SW carbonara tonight, it's so good but so filling! Not surprising as there must be heaps of protein in it between the eggs, fromage frais and bacon *burps*

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Had weigh in today and I am down 2lbs, I also won slimmer of the month! I'm really pleased with how it is going thus far, 12 and a half lbs down in 5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

STS last night which I am OK with despite being on plan almost all week (it flashed down 0.5lb so I'm taking it!) Then went out last night and drank beer and ate sweets :( Oh well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Down half a pound. I'm delighted because I figured my previous two weeks of eating crap and drinking would catch up on me, so to have had a loss every week for the eight weeks I've been doing sw is class! 23 1/2lbs down I think (could double check my book but I'm not getting off the couch!), so three stone 5 1/5lbs til target. :)

I've noticed though that I'm SERIOUSLY craving fats lately. Milk, avocados, coconut oil. I don't normally like these things, but my body is bloody crying out for them. I don't think the high carb and low fat element of SW suits me. I don't crave carbs, and I do SP days with absolute ease because I don't care about rice, pasta, potatoes and that stuff (gimme some steak and baked veg instead!), but my body seems to really want more fats. :/

• Advertisement

Down half a pound. I'm delighted because I figured my previous two weeks of eating crap and drinking would catch up on me, so to have had a loss every week for the eight weeks I've been doing sw is class! 23 1/2lbs down I think (could double check my book but I'm not getting off the couch!), so three stone 5 1/5lbs til target. :)

I've noticed though that I'm SERIOUSLY craving fats lately. Milk, avocados, coconut oil. I don't normally like these things, but my body is bloody crying out for them. I don't think the high carb and low fat element of SW suits me. I don't crave carbs, and I do SP days with absolute ease because I don't care about rice, pasta, potatoes and that stuff (gimme some steak and baked veg instead!), but my body seems to really want more fats. :/

You can use your healthy b on nuts, which are healthy fats, not sure about avocado. That's one thing I dislike about the plan though, they should incorporate healthy fats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement