Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hbonbr

Ginger_Nut wrote: »
    Yes men definitely go! There's a few men in my class, even the local priest!!

I'm a man, there's no problem attending, though there are very few men, you are made welcome. It does sometimes seem that women are an alien, irrational species, especially when the word "chocolate" is mentioned. Also they have no interest in sports. But of you can hack that, it's a pretty good supportive environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Had my second week weigh-in tonight, was down 2 lbs. delighted to be down, had eaten out twice over the weekend, had a few too many syns on Sunday night (drinks) and was the time of the month for me also, so all in all fairly happy.

Really going to focus for next week now. Going to write everything down which is a great incentive to be good.

Got my half stone sticker tonight, 7lbs in 2 weeks isn't so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

First day back on Slimming World after a couple of months off. Finding it hard to get my head round the plan again but I'm sure it'll come back to me pretty quickly. I have a couple questions though so hope someone here might be able to help me.

Last time around I counted Aldi Cowbelle cheese triangles as a healthy extra A, but when I looked up my food directory today 3 Cowbelle slices are listed as an A but no mention of the triangles. Do they count and if so how many?

I have a box of Carrs Lunchtime Crispbreads in the cupboard that I'd rather not throw out because they're lovely! Anyone know how many syns are in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Think there's a promo in tomorrow's woman's way!
    I'll have to get back joining again. Sweet tooth😠😠😠

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Whiplashy wrote: »
    First day back on Slimming World after a couple of months off. Finding it hard to get my head round the plan again but I'm sure it'll come back to me pretty quickly. I have a couple questions though so hope someone here might be able to help me.

Last time around I counted Aldi Cowbelle cheese triangles as a healthy extra A, but when I looked up my food directory today 3 Cowbelle slices are listed as an A but no mention of the triangles. Do they count and if so how many?

I have a box of Carrs Lunchtime Crispbreads in the cupboard that I'd rather not throw out because they're lovely! Anyone know how many syns are in them?
    According to the App,
    Cowbelle cheese triangles (17g each) 2.5 syns.
    Cowbelle Light cheese triangles 1.5 syns each,
    Cowbelle Be Light Triangles 1.5 syns each.

No idea if they are considered a healthy A but that's their syn value.

Those crispbreads are not showing up but the other brands are about 1 or 2 syns each. If you enter the nutritional values on the app/site you will get their syn value.

• Advertisement

Down another 2lbs last night. 9lbs in 3 weeks!!!

Thought I could be the same as I didn't eat very much sat/sun, was too busy at work, delighted though and now kids are back at school I am back walking every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

Anyone know if Danone Vitalinea 0% are free? They are sold in 4 packs in lidl/dunnes/tescos etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Catxscotch wrote: »
    Anyone know if Danone Vitalinea 0% are free? They are sold in 4 packs in lidl/dunnes/tescos etc.

Yep they're free, and apparently nicer than Muller lights.
    I'm on day one, had a Muller skinny cappuccino yogurt earlier, not great :(

First week back on plan over with a 4.5 pound loss. Happy enough with that. I usually have a bigger loss on the first week but I did eat all syns everyday and realised yesterday that I had been counting full fat cheese triangles as low fat ones all week!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,210 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

bewhiched wrote: »
    Think there's a promo in tomorrow's woman's way!
    I'll have to get back joining again. Sweet tooth😠😠ðŸ˜
    yes in woman magazine, i used it to rejoin during the week, only cost 9 euro...back on track now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Anne Other

I'm back again.

I lost the total run of myself and need to get back on track.

Had a big blow out at the weekend and I'm ready for weeks ahead.

I've been looking on the slimming world website for ages and can't find the answer so I really hope one of you knows! I picked up a pack of steam vegetables on my way home from work. I didn't realise until I got home that there's a butter flavour dressing on the veg! I checked my food directory and there's 1 syn in the whole pack so that's half a syn for what I'll be eating with dinner. My problem is,can I still count the veg as my superfree, as all the veg in it is superfree, and I've synned the dressing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 phonejabber

Yes veg is still counted as superfree/free as long as u syn the dressing. U can get steam packs that dont have any added oils and they are really handy. I think its the birds eye ones.
    Has anyone suggestions for syn free flavours for a stirfry? If i get the prepacked veg and some chicken, what do people flavour it with?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 phonejabber

Yes veg is still counted as superfree/free as long as u syn the dressing. U can get steam packs that dont have any added oils and they are really handy. I think its the birds eye ones.
    Has anyone suggestions for syn free flavours for a stirfry? If i get the prepacked veg and some chicken, what do people flavour it with?

All spices are free, so smoked paprika, cumin, Cajun spices etc. soy sauce is also free. There are syns in oyster sauce though.

Soy sauce, grated stem ginger, garlic, worcestershire sauce, chinese 5 spice powder, cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, chillies, balsamic vinegar, tomato puree, lime juice... all syn free! If you have time to marinate the chicken/other meat it'll be much more flavoursome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Anne Other

Can anybody tell me how many syns are in a mini white wrap please?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Anne Other wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me how many syns are in a mini white wrap please?

Thank you

It all depends on which brand, but you are talking roughly 5 syns for a mini one.

Week one done and four and a half pounds down. Happy enough, hoping for a bigger loss next week.
    Frozen grapes and frozen Muller lights are great :)

dee_mc wrote: »
    Week one done and four and a half pounds down. Happy enough, hoping for a bigger loss next week.
    Frozen grapes and frozen Muller lights are great :)
    was down 3.5lbs this week, thougt it would be more being first week back, any way a loss is a loss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Hi does anyone know what you have to do to change groups? Just from one consultant to another?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Just started as it's the first time ever I've lived in a city where there was one (Although it's in England)

I'm an old WW convert so trying to get my head around things. Love the fact that I'm not limited with meat and pasta. Not that I've eaten a huge amount but it's nice to know that if I'm hungry going to bed I can have some ham instead of thinking I can't eat that because I've used all my points for today.

Where's a good place to look for recipes?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

gubbie wrote: »
    Just started as it's the first time ever I've lived in a city where there was one (Although it's in England)

I'm an old WW convert so trying to get my head around things. Love the fact that I'm not limited with meat and pasta. Not that I've eaten a huge amount but it's nice to know that if I'm hungry going to bed I can have some ham instead of thinking I can't eat that because I've used all my points for today.

Where's a good place to look for recipes?

Thanks!

Slimming world website is pretty good for websites and there are books and magazines too. The books are a little expensive but good if you like to cook

What about the SW magazine? Is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Yeah I enjoy reading them :) you get them at a discount if you go to class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

There is an AMAZING Facebook page called "JD's slimming world recipes" or something along the lines of that. He's a chef and has altered all his recipes to suit slimming world. He has some amazing recipes.
    Also there is a slow cooker slimming world page which I find good as I am obsessed with my slow cooker at the minute!!:)

I like it, loads of recipes and daily food plan suggestions, and of course the 'inspirational' photoshoots and stories which are a bit yawnsome but in fairness would spur you on when you're having a bad day!

Anyone else had really 'meh, I'm not hungry' days? I had a good breakfast and a great dinner but couldn't face anything more than a hifi bar and a bit of cheese (for healthy extras) in between :(

try www.minimins.co.uk they have a great sw section loads of ideas

I am so confused between the free foods and the superfree foods at times.

Like, tea... where do I put tea and coffee?! Have I just skimmed over it all and am I just missing a page that has all of this listed in the handbook?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

I am so confused between the free foods and the superfree foods at times.

Like, tea... where do I put tea and coffee?! Have I just skimmed over it all and am I just missing a page that has all of this listed in the handbook?

Thanks!
    This is how I understand it: tea and coffee go in the 'free' column and any milk either comes from the 'healthy extra A' allowance (for example, 250ml of low fat/semi skimmed milk) or is counted as 'syns' (half a syn per dash) as explained on page 21 of food optimising book. Granular sweetners like candarel, Splenda etc are free (if unbranded check that they have less than 2 calories per teaspoon ) as are tablet sweetners like hermasetas - sugar obviously has to be counted as syns ( 1 syn per level teaspoon or cube)
    Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement