Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Thanks! That's brill. I drink my tea and coffee black but I do like the odd glass of milk.

So fat free yoghurt (without the fruit) is a free food or is that something else?

Also, is there any free bread-y kind of foods, like wraps, or slimbos, or wholewheat bread. Would like the odd bread-y thing for lunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

gubbie wrote: »
    Thanks! That's brill. I drink my tea and coffee black but I do like the odd glass of milk.

So fat free yoghurt (without the fruit) is a free food or is that something else?

Also, is there any free bread-y kind of foods, like wraps, or slimbos, or wholewheat bread. Would like the odd bread-y thing for lunch!

Most ff yoghurts are free but some arent, eg some of the Onkens, so just check with your leader or on one of the Slimming World pages or the app.

Fruit is free though too, remember that, and is mostly super free with some being superspeed. All of this is in your book though.

No bread is free. But You use certain breads etc for your Healthy B allowance each day. Some you get more of them than others. The Brennans Be Good bread you can have 2 slices as far as i know as your healthy B option. I use cereals for my HEB most days so its all about using what works best for you.

Wraps are very high in syns so be very careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Yea as andreac says, wraps are dangerous at 9 syns each!
    Dunnes do a fairly ok wholemeal bread that you can have 2 slices of for your healthy extra b, it's called something like 'Dunnes Better for You wholemeal bread' and comes in a clear, white and blue wrapper. It's a bit crap but better than nothing. 2.5 or 3 syns per slice.
    I just had Scandinavian Bran crispbread (bought through slimming world) with some extra light Philly and cooked meat for lunch, it's actually pretty filling because it's so high in fibre. 1 syn per slice. But it tastes like all bran cereal (obviously, I suppose!) 
    Ryvita isn't too bad at 1.5 syns for original or sesame seed (none of your fancy varieties!)
    Gonna try a bread/scone thing made with Smash and cottage cheese at the weekend as a treat... Most depressing sentance I've ever written!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cailin_milis

There's also the BFree multigrain wraps and the Country Kitchen multiseed bagels as a Healthy B. Make sure the bagels are the thinner 42g size and that it's the type with the seeds on top. The other one isn't high enough in fibre to be a B Choice.

Did anyone get the SW recipe booklet with the Sunday Mirror today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

I got it this morning, a few good recipes for free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I was down 2 and a half last Wednesday morning, 11 and a half in 4 weeks. Delighted.

Although this week I am dreading, was at an Italian cookery school in Wicklow for the weekend, couldn't avoid the fresh pasta cream sauces, breakfasts etc. going to get back on track now today, repair some of the damage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Up 1 pound this week :( I was going great until yesterday when I sabotaged myself with a pack of cookies, large bar of chocolate, tub of ice-cream and 4 packets of crisps! When I loose control I really go for it! Then had 2 doughnuts today as I figured after yesterdays disaster I may as well! Back on track in the morning. Hopefully I can make it through the whole week this time :D

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Up 1 pound this week :( I was going great until yesterday when I sabotaged myself with a pack of cookies, large bar of chocolate, tub of ice-cream and 4 packets of crisps! When I loose control I really go for it! Then had 2 doughnuts today as I figured after yesterdays disaster I may as well! Back on track in the morning. Hopefully I can make it through the whole week this time :D

It's only 1 pound, stay positive! I think it's good to think of each day as a totally separate unit, so that if you lose track today you're less likely to continue it tomorrow. I also find the hifi bars great - you can use them as your healthy extra b thingy and feel that you've had a treat without going mad on 'syns'. Good luck with the rest of the week, you'll do great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amanda80

Hi guys
    Im just about to join slimming world online as I work shifts and wouldnt be able to get to my local class every week and was just wondering if any u have followed it online. Would u recommend???? Tks in advance..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

down 3 this week.

amanda80 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Im just about to join slimming world online as I work shifts and wouldnt be able to get to my local class every week and was just wondering if any u have followed it online. Would u recommend???? Tks in advance..

I've heard a few people talking about this in the group - I think most people appreciate the added pressure or motivation of a 'public' weigh-in each week (although nobody else knows what weight you actually are). I know personally I would struggle just doing it online, as I'm always sort of working towards Wednesday when I go for weigh in. Lots of people just pop in and get weighed and spend a few minutes catching up with other people they might know, maybe you'd manage that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

amanda80 wrote: »
    Hi guys

They do offer some sort of flexibility for those working shifts, unsure what exactly but you could look it up or even call your local leader?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

They are flexible with shiftworkers alright. I mean i didnt go in last week and she put it down as a shiftwork.

Well anyway i think im done with going to the group. I dont seem to loose any weight, gained 2,5 pounds during last two weeks! I mean how much you have to eat to gain that weight!!! Think they are wrong by saying you can eat as much as you want. Doesnt count for everyone so. Ill reduce my portions now, leave pasta out and see how it works then. Sure i know most tricks by mow anyway.

During 2,5 monts i have lost only 4 pounds (lost 4,5 first week) altogether, its just not worth the money is it not?

maria34 wrote: »
    They are flexible with shiftworkers alright. I mean i didnt go in last week and she put it down as a shiftwork.

Well anyway i think im done with going to the group. I dont seem to loose any weight, gained 2,5 pounds during last two weeks! I mean how much you have to eat to gain that weight!!! Think they are wrong by saying you can eat as much as you want. Doesnt count for everyone so. Ill reduce my portions now, leave pasta out and see how it works then. Sure i know most tricks by mow anyway.

During 2,5 monts i have lost only 4 pounds (lost 4,5 first week) altogether, its just not worth the money is it not?

But are you sticking to the plan? Counting your syns? Weighing and measuring your Healthy A & B options?

Are you having 1/3 superfree with every meal?

The plan does work but it can take a while to really get to grips with it, so maybe talk to your leader and see where you are going wrong.

Do you do a food diary? Might be good to do that and track everything you eat to see where you are finding it tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Have you tried doing a food diary and having your consultant mark it off for you?

EVERYTHING that passes your lips needs to be noted.

Just toast isn't acceptable.

Toast with butter and Jam needs to be noted if applicable.

The plan works, it just needs you to make it work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

MugMugs wrote: »
    Have you tried doing a food diary and having your consultant mark it off for you?

EVERYTHING that passes your lips needs to be noted.

Just toast isn't acceptable.

Toast with butter and Jam needs to be noted if applicable.

The plan works, it just needs you to make it work :)

I dont eat toast and butter. Didnt touch toast at all during these 2 weeks. I dont eat all syns either, usually 5-10 syns a day. Ok i had a slice of cake a day before weight in but that doesnt pile 2,5 pounds on sure?
    I drank loads if water tho. Didnt drink water before at all. And had pasta every day. With superfree foods. Ive done diary thats why i know.
    I dont stay in group much. Hate that bit where they call out your gain etc. really boring aswell.
    Thats a big moan now i know. Think i just have to be more careful with pasta, doesnt matter what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I wasn't saying you do have toast. Was just using as an example.

You need to hit your Syns.

I thought I was great at the start with 0 Syns during the day. It meant two things. 1. I wasn't enjoying the programme as much as I am now and 2. My body wasn't getting enough fat so was preserving all the fat it could because I was starving it.

I would highly suggest that you approach your consultant and do a few things. Firstly, tell them you don't want your gains mentioned in group. Secondly, ask them to give you a food diary and give it back to them next week. Ask them to Syn it for you and see where they think you're going wrong.

I dont eat toast and butter. Didnt touch toast at all during these 2 weeks. I dont eat all syns either, usually 5-10 syns a day. Ok i had a slice of cake a day before weight in but that doesnt pile 2,5 pounds on sure?
    I drank loads if water tho. Didnt drink water before at all. And had pasta every day. With superfree foods. Ive done diary thats why i know.
    I dont stay in group much. Hate that bit where they call out your gain etc. really boring aswell.
    Thats a big moan now i know. Think i just have to be more careful with pasta, doesnt matter what they say.

But are you measuring your healthy a's and b's everyday? Can you give us a typical days food diary and we can see for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Although the unlimited pasta thing is ridiculous (I'd say they'd be amazed how much one person can consume) if you are gaining weight on this diet you are doing something seriously wrong. Allow for water weight too.

• Advertisement

I'm using myfitnesspal.com along with the Slimming World plan so that I can keep track of calories etc - it's a food diary and activity log, you record everything you eat including (approximate) weights and measurements, and it lets you know if you're eating too much or too little of any food group etc.
    I find it really helpful and I reckon you might too - it teaches you a lot about balancing the diet, portion size etc.
    I'd advise giving it a go for a week or two, then make the decision whether or not to pack in SW. SW isn't perfect but with a bit of nutritional awareness I think it can work really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Hi all, just downloaded my slimming world plan. Can anyone tell me what "o" and "g" stands for in the syns menu? Thanks

ja1986 wrote: »
    Hi all, just downloaded my slimming world plan. Can anyone tell me what "o" and "g" stands for in the syns menu? Thanks

Original Plan and Green Plan. But most people stick to the Extra Easy so i would just go with that one as the others are not as easy to follow i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Oh my god iv no bloody idea what I'm doing! I have the 7 day kick start menu and I have green and red plan. Do I need to download the extra easy plan too or is that the kick start

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Wow, was down 1 and a half, makes it 13lbs in 5 weeks. Genuinely thought I would be up or staying the same. Thrilled with it though.

ja1986 wrote: »
    Oh my god iv no bloody idea what I'm doing! I have the 7 day kick start menu and I have green and red plan. Do I need to download the extra easy plan too or is that the kick start

I would go with the Extra Easy plan as its the most straight forward one. Are you doing SW online only?

Down a pound and a half this week, have stayed well on plan but feeling a bit bloated so hitting the water hard and determined to keep focused!

Down 2 this week. Finally back on track. I'll be happy with 1 lb a week from now on.

andreac wrote: »
    Down 2 this week. Finally back on track. I'll be happy with 1 lb a week from now on.

Good on ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I have joined Slimming World today, it is like a minefield at the moment, trying to get my head around the plan and it looks too good to be true :pac:

I have a hell of a lot to lose so one day at a time! :)

I am sick of counting calories so a change is very much welcomed at the moment!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement