Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate team 12 web app released!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    The other cups do so I imagine this one does too

drops from 5k to 3.5k and if you win it again, it drops again to 2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Played one game of the tournie earlier with the team ^ lost 4-0

He had a Messi 98
    NIF Xavi and IF Iniesta yeah I got pooped on

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

:mad:

Got to the final. Battered your man for 20 mins. He scores from his one and only counters. He gets the ball back... proceeds to keep the ball in his defence for the rest of the match ffs.

European Cup or whatever it's called ^

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Liking the new bronze tourney.. 18 players from the one league so I already had loads of Championship players so thats what I stuck with

In the semi finals and should get to play again later on.. going to use a few development cards to help in the semis and hopefully the final as it can make some difference in the bronze team matches..

Can I improve on the team below?

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#jtlkBS7BbdOVr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Nearly finished my start off Brazilian team -- just need a right back, a right mid, and 2 CAMs.

Does anyone have any recommendations on who to get as my 2nd CAM? I have Kaka already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

BKC wrote: »
    Nearly finished my start off Brazilian team -- just need a right back, a right mid, and 2 CAMs.

Does anyone have any recommendations on who to get as my 2nd CAM? I have Kaka already.

maybe Lucas(san paulo, not liverpool) he is very quick and good dribbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

If he's not already in your team then Lucas Moura

Thanks lads, bought him there.

I must admit I am feeling out of my depth at the moment - finding the "gold" games much harder than I did with my bronze Irish team. Already have 2 losses from 4 games, compared to 5 losses from 70 games with my Irish team.

Bronze League Cup was simple.

From the two premium packs, I got an Antonio from Colchester that should fetch me at least a grand, there are a couple on the market for 1500 starting price. Also got a German RB from the Austrian Bundesliga. Looking at some of the prices, I'll probably keep him and possibly will make my 4th bronze team for ****s n giggles :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Been working on fleshing out that Belgian hybrid that I'm after; after a lot of buying and selling I've got this; http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#buo8knMhbdPgq

Just over 100k in the bank, and about 65K of trades up at the moment too, hope to push for either TOTY Hazard or Valencia soon enough.

Then again, I almost think the team played better without all the IF's. Barely scraped a win since I started adding them. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Töpher wrote: »
    Been working on fleshing out that Belgian hybrid that I'm after; after a lot of buying and selling I've got this; http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#buo8knMhbdPgq

Just over 100k in the bank, and about 65K of trades up at the moment too, hope to push for either TOTY Hazard or Valencia soon enough.

Then again, I almost think the team played better without all the IF's. Barely scraped a win since I started adding them. :o

Would love IF Giroud........... :(

Here's my team...... Any swaps looking for IF Giroud :p

Team.jpg

You have such quality players and no doubt a ridiculous amount of coins..
    but go 5-2-2-1!?

tumblr_m3qcqlkXa51qj47y6.gif

-Ade- wrote: »
    but go 5-2-2-1!?

Normally I wouldn't suggest using it but with 3 CB you can have your LB and RB playing as wingers to an extent.

Also it lets me cut inside and blast shots with Alves while the opposition marks Hulk.

and you will usually never have to worry about getting counter attacked.

How are most players still playing with God awful teams?.
    Players like Nasri can be picked up for 10k or so now but I still come up against teams with players I had after 2/3 weeks :confused:
    Surely they can't all the new players(or played so few games)

One thing I want them to Implement next year would be some way of seeing the opposition teams Chemistry before hand.
    The reason this is, is because I played about 4 games in a row yesterday where they had 40-50% chemistry and MUCH worse teams(one had a BAD bronze team in the Advanced cup with 46%) and I had to sit through a 15-0, 10-0 and scored 8/9 in another 2/3 games.

Really takes the fun out of it when I know I'm going to beat them to a pulp before it even starts. I'd actually rather avoid those lads.

One thing I want them to Implement next year would be some way of seeing the opposition teams Chemistry before hand.
    The reason this is, is because I played about 4 games in a row yesterday where they had 40-50% chemistry and MUCH worse teams(one had a BAD bronze team in the Advanced cup with 46%) and I had to sit through a 15-0, 10-0 and scored 8/9 in another 2/3 games.

That's kind of the whole point of it though. To stop people leaving every match until they come across a team with poor chemistry.

I understand what you're saying though. Just be grateful that you're good at the game. ;)

Personally i hate the fact that high chemistry = Super fast teams.

I wish Chem would only change how many runs your team makes and not there speed.
    Keep the speed the same as head to head matches....

Why have Hulk at RW when you can have Jesus Navas who will get 9 chem?

blobby360 wrote: »
    but go 5-2-2-1!?

Normally I wouldn't suggest using it but with 3 CB you can have your LB and RB playing as wingers to an extent.

Also it lets me cut inside and blast shots with Alves while the opposition marks Hulk.

and you will usually never have to worry about getting counter attacked.

Oh, I know the benefits to using it. I'm just dead against 5 in defence :) I did give it a go admittedly for a few games, and it was cruise control. Again, I can under why people use it fully but I guess it's my football beliefs that will make sure I don't use it ever again. The game would be so much better if they removed ultra defensive and 5 at the back formations, but unfortunately that will never happen. Far too many of these players who live and die for the counter (through ball) usually.
    How are most players still playing with God awful teams?.
    Players like Nasri can be picked up for 10k or so now but I still come up against teams with players I had after 2/3 weeks :confused:
    Surely they can't all the new players(or played so few games)

Really takes the fun out of it when I know I'm going to beat them to a pulp before it even starts. I'd actually rather avoid those lads.

... maybe some of us don't want Nasri and the like.

It'll no doubt come across like that, but I'm not being arrogant when I say it, I'm honestly not that good but with far weaker sides I'll win 80% if not more of games. It's fun battering the super teams with weaker squads.

I've only been playing since February this year. Most I've spent on one player has been Cavani, cost me 9500.

Why have Hulk at RW when you can have Jesus Navas who will get 9 chem?

The left foot on Hult is amazing..... :p

• Advertisement

You only have three player's getting 9 chem,do you not find it's too slow playing them?

You only have three player's getting 9 chem,do you not find it's too slow playing them?

No since i usually always start through the middle. then knock on to the wings and either cut in and shoot or wait for my midfield to catch up and pass it to them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Oh, I know the benefits to using it. I'm just dead against 5 in defence :) I did give it a go admittedly for a few games, and it was cruise control. Again, I can under why people use it fully but I guess it's my football beliefs that will make sure I don't use it ever again. The game would be so much better if they removed ultra defensive and 5 at the back formations, but unfortunately that will never happen. Far too many of these players who live and die for the counter (through ball) usually.

Same as,I've never used 5 at the back,don't think I'd be able to play the football I like to play with 5 defenders,feels like a waste too.

That's kind of the whole point of it though. To stop people leaving every match until they come across a team with poor chemistry.

I understand what you're saying though. Just be grateful that you're good at the game. ;)

Understand that alright. It's just a waste of both my time and their own.
    Being good is actually a side issue against teams with awful chem, I was even given a few hammerings when I did it for a week after starting(I stuck to the AI then till I built enough coins to make myself a 80-83 Prem team)
    ... maybe some of us don't want Nasri and the like.

It'll no doubt come across like that, but I'm not being arrogant when I say it, I'm honestly not that good but with far weaker sides I'll win 80% if not more of games. It's fun battering the super teams with weaker squads.

I've only been playing since February this year. Most I've spent on one player has been Cavani, cost me 9500.

And I'm only playing since Feb myself, but I now have 3 higher than average EPL/Spanish/Seria A and Brazil Silver(pretty good French silver too but needs tweaking).

I just don't see the masses agreeing with that statement ''maybe we don't want Nasri''... defeats the whole purpose of the game, why take weaker players? :confused:

I can understand using a 'weaker' team(I'm going to build a French league again with some 30-50k IFs as I did for my Seria A team but they'll still be much weaker than my Premier League team) and not using your best every single game, but can't see why you wouldn't strive to get the best players for those teams.

Maybe most just waste their coins on packs and saving for players.
    I trade(formations) myself which is why I built up the squads I have in just 4/5 months.
    Its just the prices have crashed so much(this past month) for fairly decent players(Yaya Toure, Nasri etc) that attaining these players should be easier now and I expected to see a rise in the average standard of the teams.

And I'm only playing since Feb myself, but I now have 3 higher than average EPL/Spanish/Seria A and Brazil Silver(pretty good French silver too but needs tweaking).

I just don't see the masses agreeing with that statement ''maybe we don't want Nasri''... defeats the whole purpose of the game, why take weaker players? :confused:

I can understand using a 'weaker' team(I'm going to build a French league again with some 30-50k IFs as I did for my Seria A team but they'll still be much weaker than my Premier League team) and not using your best every single game, but can't see why you wouldn't strive to get the best players for those teams.

Maybe most just waste their coins on packs and saving for players.
    I trade(formations) myself which is why I built up the squads I have in just 4/5 months.
    Its just the prices have crashed so much(this past month) for fairly decent players(Yaya Toure, Nasri etc) that attaining these players should be easier now and I expected to see a rise in the average standard of the teams.

I said maybe some of us, indicating more than likely a minority of people. Quite obvious that the majority would side with yourself.

I have 8 teams myself, 5 gold teams and 3 bronzes. Hopefully I'll have 1 silver squad again soon enough. I also had a gold Eredivisie and Portuguese Liga side at one point, think I posted both here if I'm not mistaken. That's what I love about FUT, making squads. Doesn't have to be necessarily the strongest one or the one with the most IF's or TOTY's because I do not need that. Again, I'll stress that I'm not a good player but I'm better than most on FUT when I'm playing my favored team.

My favourite gold team consists of the likes of Irola, Carzola, Jose Callejon, Thiago (Barca), Isco, Muniain, Monreal, Montoya, Tello and such players, that is a team I'll win comfortably with more often than not even against Messi, Ronaldo, Pique, Puyol, Xavi, Villa and co (if talking about La Liga) are crap. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say no to them players if I got them, I'd be lying if I said otherwise. I love Dani Alves for one as I'm a bit of a fanboy (hence the PSN) of his so I'd make room for him :p Ibra is someone I'd love to have too. But I'm not gonna go out of my way to spend what I consider ridiculous amount of coins for them when there really is no need to. There is something very satisfying about not just winning, but battering the vastly superior teams.

If people are very much into their IF's and TOTY cards, or playing the very best teams as possible then power to them. I just wish such teams in the main weren't so defensive and played for the counter. Think it's a bit sad tbh, but that's just my opinion.

edit - Going back to Nasri. I won't get him out of principal as I dislike him (much the same reason I'd never get Fabregas) immensely plus I already love my Ligue 1 midfield of M'Vila, Belhanda and Sissokho.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What are the entry requirements for the euro tournament in ultimate team? The Italy/Spain one

5 Italian's and 5 Spanish then anyone else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Hernanes from Lazio, some shot on him!

It depends of if your going Silver or gold,Silver I'd recommend Morais,gold I'd go with Lucas or a Russian league player who's name I can't remember god damn it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

It depends of if your going Silver or gold,Silver I'd recommend Morais,gold I'd go with Lucas or a Russian league player who's name I can't remember god damn it

Carlos Eduardo?

Advertisement