Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate team 12 web app released!

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Wait, you can win it offline!? o.O

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

-Ade- wrote: »
    Wait, you can win it offline!? o.O

Yup - Ultimate Difficulty.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Started putting together a team for this 4 star one nation tournament today. Decided to try something a little different and make a Ghanaian team. I had most of my team bought and was resonably happy with it. I built it from the front backwards and with just one position left to fill in my team i discovered a problem. There is no Ghanaian goalkeeper in the game. :eek:

Having already built the rest of the team and spent about 10k putting it together, I decided to stick a silver RW in goal. I managed to get all the way to the final without too many problems. Winning 3-0, 5-3, 5-2 and took a one nil lead in the final and with 20 mins to go my goalkeeping issue was exposed when 2 shots from 40 yards hit straight at him were punched into my goal.

Morale of the story always check theres a goalkeeper before building a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Are they all the same formation? Got a 4-1-2-1-2.

Nope, you got lucky. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Got into the semi of the Longshot cup. Decided to take a break from UT for a while to play a bit of H2H.

Ended up to be quite productive. Managed to win the Continental Cup (the cup for Division 3/4/5). Edged through all the games, except the final. The guy had 1 shot in the first half and scored. I managed to miss 3 open goals. Got it back to 1-1, the guy doesn't have an attack in the second half. Then he gets a free kick that wasn't a free at all. He punts a long freekick into the box in the 90th, after two blocks, it falls to a unmarked striker to knock it into an empty net.

I was pissed off having dominated the game from start to finish, but managed run straight down the field from kick off, clean through, he takes me down for a pen and scored it, 2-2, with one goal each in the 90th min.

Started taking my chances in ET, was 5-2 up, and about to take a shot to make it 6-2, when he quits.

Nice little break from UT. Hopefully I get a good run of luck in the Longshot Cup 2moro. I was thinking of making that Russian League hybrid team anyway, so he could be useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Won Honda on my first attempt as well, pretty happy! Trying to sell him at the moment but if he doesn't sell in a couple of days then I may just use him for a Russian league team!

On a side note, I'm finding it to be quite a long grind building up coins to buy the really top players!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Got disconnected in the semis of the Longshot Cup... JOKE!!

Was on top 20mins into the game 0-0... boom!! Thanks once again to the EA Servers... :mad:

Thats both my attempts gone. First attempt I lost in the 1/4 Final to a beast of a team inclusing Pato, T.Silva and mainly TOTY players..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Would anyone on the ps3 have interest in a tournament?1.1k entry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Won Honda with my first attempt. Expected some really tough games, but they were all surprisingly easy. Won the final 7-0.

That's one H2H cup, and one UT cup in two nights :)

kkc_hona.jpg

-Ade- wrote: »
    Only played 2 rounds so far of that new tourney.

Won11-1 and 2-1 so far, former was against a Seria A team with 6 IF's. Probably the most dominant game I've ever had in FIFA and he was trying up until the 11th goal to be fair to him. First half I had 14 shots and 12 on target, 72% but was only winning 4-1.

Kinda forgot about this till a couple of hours before the deadline. Only had the semi final and final to worry about anyway. Semis was a bit of a robbery on my part. Couldn't break his defence of Luiz, Terry Cole and Johnson down whatsoever till like the 80th minute, before that he was 2-0 up through two sloppy goals that in fairness, on the balance of play he deserved. But then I brought on Remy :) Who proceeded to tear him apart. Goals from my 9th minute injured (didn't realise :o) M'Vila plus Valbuena and Remy right at the death won it.

Final was quite comfortable surprisingly. Winning 3-1 in the end with Gameiro brace and peach from Valbuena. On the other side, it must be said that I've been very underwhelmed with Hazard so far in the handful of games I've played with him.

But yeah, got my Honda IF in the end :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

International team of the week is out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Some prick decide to price lock Welliton at 2.5k

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Scored a scorpion kick. Absolutely delighted. :)

9 month's in and I still haven't got one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Scored a bicycle kick from edge of box in the early days...Absolutely nothing since! Even worse when you want players to try it, hold all the combinations of buttons and they just don't give it a go.

🤪

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Scored a scorpion kick. Absolutely delighted. :)

How do ya even do it? do ya need to hold down the finesse button?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

PerrinV2 wrote: »

You need to hold down LT on Xbox and have your body facing away from the ball.

But if a player has overhead kick trait then he'll be trying them all day.

PerrinV2 wrote: »

On xbox press the LT button. I crossed the ball, it was a little bit behind my player, held LT and the shoot button and BOOM!:D
    Some prick decide to price lock Welliton at 2.5k

What price was he before?

bit cheaper but still quite annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Picked up a few IF De Rossi (CB) on the cheap (Web app, while people are distracted by the euros), hoping to make some decent coins off them. Got him in 41212 for 33,500 and 442 for 33,000. You see any old formation hitting 40k, so have them up starting at 53k and 42k respectively, I'm gunning for building a monstrous team, probably need 1.5 million, agh!

• Advertisement

FUTHead link to ze monstrous team?

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Scored a bicycle kick from edge of box in the early days...Absolutely nothing since! Even worse when you want players to try it, hold all the combinations of buttons and they just don't give it a go.

I've only scored a couple now from the outside of the box. Lost count of the number of mistimed overhead kicks though :p

FUTHead link to ze monstrous team?
    http://futhead.com/12/squad/146887

Just the Belgian/EPL hybrid that I'm fond of, but seems that an awful lot of the TOTY players fit into it, and dammit I want them! All of them.

Get 89 Drogba imo,should all keep 9 chem I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Another option would be to place SIF Ben Arfa at RW and TOTY Giroud at striker

Both great suggestions, cheers lads. :D Now to try and trade my way to untold riches, :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Ever since I came back from a long holiday last week, I haven't done any trading at all. I'm just not up for it anymore.

I'm even too lazy to build a team. All my coins have been sitting on my account untouched for months now.

I also have not played as many games as I used to. It's that time of year again, not good :(

I go through fits and starts too, invariably get distracted by something shiny and forget for a few weeks, get back to it with great ideas, and something else shiny appears.

So I'm almost finished my Frenchy side.

85 Lloris
    80 Clichy
    78 Mangala
    81 Sakho
    83 Sagna
    _____
    83 M'Vila
    80 Cabaye
    81 Valbuena
    84 Benzema
    88 Ribery

I also have a Ben Afra, I almost have enough for the CM nasri. Any other improvements ye can suggest? Obviously nothing too expensive.

• Advertisement

So I'm almost finished my Frenchy side.

85 Lloris
    80 Clichy
    78 Mangala
    81 Sakho
    83 Sagna
    _____
    83 M'Vila
    80 Cabaye
    81 Valbuena
    84 Benzema
    88 Ribery

I also have a Ben Afra, I almost have enough for the CM nasri. Any other improvements ye can suggest? Obviously nothing too expensive.

Funky formation :p

Is Mangala worth it? Cost a few thousand on the PS3.

Had Mbiwa and was adequate but after buying Hazard (still underwhelming for me), broke away from my French team theme and brought in M'Bia to play alongside Sakho.

Oh, and get Sissoko for midfield. Absolute monster at CM/DM. Scores a fair few when he breaks from midfield too. Mournier from Nice is a nice option to have too, likewise Tremoulinas and Remy if you don't already have them.

My team - http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#RKxkKHxSbdMwn

Advertisement