Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate team 12 web app released!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Also, how do you deal with contracts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Samich wrote: »
    Also, how do you deal with contracts?

You have to buy contracts off the market.

Currently all my players have over 90 contracts. I hate having them with low contracts. Once you build up a solid base of coins, everything will be a lot easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

BKC wrote: »
    You have to buy contracts off the market.

Currently all my players have over 90 contracts. I hate having them with low contracts. Once you build up a solid base of coins, everything will be a lot easier.

Ahhhhhhhh. I was thinking it was too easy. had 2,000 coins so just went and bought Lucas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DelBoyCORCAIGH

yeah thats a nice team, is the IF McGeady really worth it?

Ya I found him to be very good, if only fifa performances transferred over to real life :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

When I try to go into Ultimate Team on the PS3, I get a message that says: ''We are sorry but there has been an error connecting to FIFA 12 Ultimate Team. You will be returned to the FIFA 12 Main Menu'' The other online modes are fine, I played a game of head to head seasons to check and it worked.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Any help, please?

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    When I try to go into Ultimate Team on the PS3, I get a message that says: ''We are sorry but there has been an error connecting to FIFA 12 Ultimate Team. You will be returned to the FIFA 12 Main Menu'' The other online modes are fine, I played a game of head to head seasons to check it and it worked.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Any help, please?

Yup. It's the same for me right now.

Probably just doing maintenance on the servers or something like that.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I don't know what it's like on the Xbox or PC, but the FUT servers on the PS3 are terrible.

Head to Head, Pro Club, etc for the most it's grand but if it's FUT, it can be quite unpredictable. Yesterday I tried to get a game, and all I could get was a 1 bar connection. Yet moments before and after that, Pro Club I was playing off a 4 bar. It isn't an isolated incident neither.

In other news, might get started on my final couple of teams for FUT 12. Originally had squads from both leagues, but I might go for a silver and/or gold Eredivisie / Portuguese hybrid team. Got Van Wolfswinkel from a pack in 433 so might work around that.

Kinda want to get some Moroccan hybrid team going as there is some quality there but not sure where to start on that one.

Yup. It's the same for me right now.

Probably just doing maintenance on the servers or something like that.

Good to know, I thought it might be exclusive to me because it froze earlier when I made a bid for a player and I thought maybe my save was corrupted. Anyway, hopefully it's back up tomorrow.
    -Ade- wrote: »
    I don't know what it's like on the Xbox or PC, but the FUT servers on the PS3 are terrible.

Head to Head, Pro Club, etc for the most it's grand but if it's FUT, it can be quite unpredictable. Yesterday I tried to get a game, and all I could get was a 1 bar connection. Yet moments before and after that, Pro Club I was playing off a 4 bar. It isn't an isolated incident neither.

In other news, might get started on my final couple of teams for FUT 12. Originally had squads from both leagues, but I might go for a silver and/or gold Eredivisie / Portuguese hybrid team. Got Van Wolfswinkel from a pack in 433 so might work around that.

Kinda want to get some Moroccan hybrid team going as there is some quality there but not sure where to start on that one.

Yeah, the servers are very dodgy. I play using a 3 dongle but on head to head matches, the games are perfect 95% of the time but Ultimate team matches are can be fairly jittery sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Approximately how many coins do you need to get the 85,000,000 club value trophy?
    The 85,000,000 achievement isnt based on coins. Its based on the total value of the players in your club. For instance , a shiny bronze player is worth about 130,000, normal bronze about 60,000. Im on about 42,000,000 now still miles away

The 85,000,000 achievement isnt based on coins. Its based on the total value of the players in your club. For instance , a shiny bronze player is worth about 130,000, normal bronze about 60,000. Im on about 42,000,000 now still miles away

Yeah, I know that. I was just wondering how many coins you'd end up needing to buy enough players to get to the 85,000,000. Obviously I know it depends on the players you buy but I was just looking for a ballpark figure.

Only at 8,000,000 now. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Yeah, I know that. I was just wondering how many coins you'd end up needing to buy enough players to get to the 85,000,000. Obviously I know it depends on the players you buy but I was just looking for a ballpark figure.

I read a guide on an ea forum a while back. A bloke there had the achievement and according to him the easiest and cheapest way to get it is by buying the shiny bronze cards as you can get them for 150 coins and they are worth about 130,000 for 63/64 rated players so that what ive been doing but its taking forever. Its a lot of work for 1 achievement!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

You're looking at roughly 200k coins.

Someone here borrowed 120k off me to finish this achievement. So ask your some of your friends if they got 200k to spare :pac:

jamescd wrote: »
    You're looking at roughly 200k coins.

Someone here borrowed 120k off me to finish this achievement. So ask your some of your friends if they got 200k to spare :pac:

200k?... pfft I can make that in two or three days :p

...which brings me onto my main topic.

*PS3

I know there were a few lads here who were also trading formations like myself mentioned a few pages back.
    As previously mentioned the bottom fell out of it maybe a month ago. 4-3-1-2's were regularly going for 2,500 at late hours when they can be bought for that during the day with ease.
    I was going days without getting anything and bidding fairly highly compared to when I was cleaning up off lower bids.

Anyway I'm getting good success there again now off bids off:
    4-3-2-1(2,500 I get a massive amount at this price even during 9-12am hours)
    4-3-1-2(1,700)
    And 4-2-3-1(1700 these are the hardest of the 3 to get at those bids, they reg' go for over 2000 even at ridic hours)

I'm now selling for 2700/3000 BIN for the 4-3-1-2/4-2-3-1 and 3500/4000 BIN for the 4-3-2-1 and they generally sell for the BIN.

Anyone here who mentioned giving up should look to return if they haven't done so. I've been picking up a full trade pile and even 10-20 for my watch list the past week.
    Up to 99,000 after getting IF Mascherano CB and still have a good few formations to get, going to get IF Ramos CB with my trade profit next.

IF Quigley and IF Cherrie.

I suspected Quigley would get an IF after his performance against Derry on Friday night. He poses a problem though - I already have IF North and IF Twigg up front, with IF Griffin converted to a CF. Despite North and Twigg not having much pace, I love them both so can't see myself dropping them. And I'd rather just have 11 players rather than rotate.

Decisions, decisions. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

IF Quigley and IF Cherrie.

I suspected Quigley would get an IF after his performance against Derry on Friday night. He poses a problem though - I already have IF North and IF Twigg up front, with IF Griffin converted to a CF. Despite North and Twigg not having much pace, I love them both so can't see myself dropping them. And I'd rather just have 11 players rather than rotate.

Decisions, decisions. :p
    He has 4 star skills which is a big plus IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Will upgrade to IF Quigley and Cherrie once I free up some funds from the trade pile, have virtually everything tied up in it at the moment.

http://futhead.com/12/squad/1331721

Thinking about swapping North and Griffin around though.

5-2-1-2 and 5-2-2-1 can go **** off!

Impossible to break down a good player.

What exactly to head coaches do? For example, they might have shooting +10 under their name. Is that permanent or what? Same with physios, what's with the leg +5 or knee +5?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I've been wondering that myself, I've a good few of em in the club.

Was also wondering where to redeem this?

nSMWQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

:P sorry for that...

I love my 5-2-1-2. I usually play attacking from the off which brings the wing back into a more advanced role.

Great for lumping in crosses into the front 2 or pull back to the supporting striker...

• Advertisement

Quick Q, is Pogba really worth the coins? In two minds whether to make an insanely strong bronze hybrid team tonight or not. He's the one I've been really debating. If I get him, I'll make the team. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I play 4-3-2-1 so I can pretty much cut open any defense :cool:
    J. Marston wrote: »
    What exactly to head coaches do? For example, they might have shooting +10 under their name. Is that permanent or what? Same with physios, what's with the leg +5 or knee +5?

Coaches give a bonus to any training cards that you use i.e. +15 shooting, +15 pace, etc.... So if you don't use training cards at all like the majority of players, they're no use to you.

You just store them in your club. Let's say you have two "Head" coaches in your club, one gives +15% and the other +10%, then you will get an additional +25% when you use any heading cards. So if you use a +15 Heading card on one of your players, he will receive +18 Heading (15 + the 25% bonus from your coaches).

Training cards only last for 1 game so they're not worth buying imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

jamescd wrote: »
    I play 4-3-2-1 so I can pretty much cut open any defense :cool:

Love that formation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Quick Q, is Pogba really worth the coins? In two minds whether to make an insanely strong bronze hybrid team tonight or not. He's the one I've been really debating. If I get him, I'll make the team. Simple as.

Grossly Overrated. Card stats say he's brilliant, but I didn't like him.

Here's my new team that I made after trading up to about 14K.

KoreanHybrid.png

That no faced wonder is Rafael Sobis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

What the current tourneys available atm? Is there another bronze one?

I havnt been online since last weekend?

thewools wrote: »
    What the current tourneys available atm? Is there another bronze one?

I havnt been online since last weekend?

Club or Country Cup - 18 players from the one club or country obviously, 5K coin prize.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Club or Country Cup - 18 players from the one club or country obviously, 5K coin prize.

There's a mini gold pack on offer when you win it the 2nd time.
    I went with an italien team,came up against of brazilian temas though
    http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#ihr9HS2YbdU4H

show-off#ihr9HS2YbdU4H

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Started playing this lately and will run out of contracts soon enough.
    Is there anyway of getting them for gold players without buying packs????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    There's a mini gold pack on offer when you win it the 2nd time.
    I went with an italien team,came up against of brazilian temas though
    http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#ihr9HS2YbdU4H

show-off#ihr9HS2YbdU4H
    The Brasilian teams are awful annoying. A lot of them with 5 at the back too with Nilmar, Neymar, Pato, Welliton and more. :(
    Started playing this lately and will run out of contracts soon enough.
    Is there anyway of getting them for gold players without buying packs????
    Yep. Auction search > Development search > Type > Contracts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Finical wrote: »
    The Brasilian teams are awful annoying. A lot of them with 5 at the back too with Nilmar, Neymar, Pato, Welliton and more. :(

Yep. Auction search > Development search > Type > Contracts.

I love you :pac:

Advertisement