Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Norwich is a weird case of championship level players like Bennett and Surman, and good players like Wes Hoolahan and Grant Holt. Lambert got so old looking in 10 years though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Nothing wrong with picking Norwich at home to win.

You get strange results this time of year and over Christmas due to the number of games so close together.

they managed to beat spurs last week and City had a few poor results recently.

it was only a one euro bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Had 1€ on Seabass e/w, so won 1€ back :P

My mother calls me:

"Punked, did you put money on the race?"
    "What race?"
    "The grand national! You have to put something on it."
    "Sure go on and do it for me, whatever you think i'll like. I'll pay you back if it wins."

Later she told me she put it on seabass so i called her back.

"Our horse came third, did you put it each way?"
    "Yeah i did. Knew i would pick a good one."

Im delighted thinking if she put a tenner on it i would be a good win because it was during the week.

"so you will get two back."

Nice one. 200 quid for me... But no, she put on a euro as well and got back 3. :rolleyes: I splashed out on getting some snack-a-jacks for 1.50 in tesco to celebrate. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'm not trashing him as if he picked Gijon to win handy at the Bernabéu earlier but I always knew City would win that after Norwich put a hell of a effort in to win at White Hart Lane on Monday & City squashed jobber to the stars West Brom midweek after the pressure went from the title race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Are any boardsies heading to Bray tonight? I'm thinking of heading but none of my mates are game. Would love to tag along.

• Advertisement

Ah the ol goal line technology debate will rear its ugly trollface again. Still at least it'll give the papers something to write about tomorrow.

Lets hope that wasn't the englsh audition for Arry cause they stunk the place out. Sadly for Chelsea its highly unlikely Barca will be that bad midweek. Spurs would want to wake up though they have been in freefall ever since harry got cleared in court & he started courting engerlund. Doubt Bale, Modric & Van Der Vaart would want another year in football purgatory stuck on 3e in the Europa League being analised by Phil Babb who was at Sporting Lisbon at one time.

Delighted at how badly Spurs were beaten.

Delighted at how badly Spurs were beaten.

Arry for Gaillimh now?
    Then a "Are Arry & Galway Done?" thread in the Soccer and Galway GAA forum. Not a good showing today bar the Judo throw, I worry its another year of nothing.

Early signs show the Chelsea fan thread could be like a mini "Racism/fanboy" thread over in the soccer forum. One thing i'll say you are never suprised with them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Dont ya just love being told "sorry im in a relationship" :rolleyes:

:(

GTR63 wrote: »
    Arry for Gaillimh now?
    Then a "Are Arry & Galway Done?" thread in the Soccer and Galway GAA forum. Not a good showing today bar the Judo throw, I worry its another year of nothing.
    Would you believe my stream stopped at the judo throw. Furious I was I missed it. As bad as Galway were I couldn't believe Dublin didn't win in normal time. In football news though Michael Meehan and Seán Armstrong played for their clubs this weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

In football news though Michael Meehan and Seán Armstrong played for their clubs this weekend :D

Still won't be enough come 15th July! Was at a wedding in Mayo Saturday so missed the first Mayo defeat of Kerry in 16 years at Croke Park. 4 times I've been there and we've been well beaten and the first time I miss one we win. Wedding totally not worth it!

Michael Meehan is still playing, hope he is fit for some of the CFC. Goal line technology debate is all the rage again, hope Hawk eye doesn't work cause I dream of the day to see the headline "SHÍTEHAWK" on the back of newspapers worldwide.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

just saw the 2pac coachella video

holyfúckinshít that was awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

• Registered Users Posts: 85,410 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Dancor wrote: »

It would have to be one of the fringe characters like the teacher or one of their parents. They arent going to turn one of the most popular comedies channel 4 have made into skins.

I expected another a second film given the film's success

CMpunked wrote: »
    It would have to be one of the fringe characters like the teacher or one of their parents. They arent going to turn one of the most popular comedies channel 4 have made into skins.

Hope it isn't Mr.Gilbert he is great. Breaking Bad is on TG4 Thurdays at 11, looking forward to watching that after hearing on here it was great. Champions League semi should be good tonite one thing both have in common is that neither of them can afford to sit back & play cagey due to their defensive frailties.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hey lads, i need to buy some cables for a hard drive; and a new power lead for it; where's the best value place to get it? I just want leads that are sturdy quality that don't cost the earth. cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,321 ✭✭✭✭Penn

but James Buckley, who plays Jay, has confirmed one of the characters will be killed off.

He said: "We have to see what happens. Maybe one of them dies and the other three have to join up for the funeral.

"But the question is, who are they gonna get rid of?"

I hate tabloid junk...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hey lads, i need to buy some cables for a hard drive; and a new power lead for it; where's the best value place to get it? I just want leads that are sturdy quality that don't cost the earth. cheers!

Syncron.ie I think would be a good shout. Good prices and fast shipping. Have used them plenty of times.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Cheers man, i'll check it out. Do u know anywhere around dublin city centre, if the markup's not extravagant i'd like to pop into town & pick it up today :)

jaykhunter wrote: »

Do you know exactly what type of cables you need Jay?

Ive loads sitting on my desk here.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Breaking Bad is on TG4 Thurdays at 11, looking forward to watching that after hearing on here it was great.

Why is it that when great shows get shown here they get a showin at a ****ty time.

Im currently in the middle of season 3 and it is one of the best shows ive seen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Headline should read:

Inbetweeners acter jokes about possible new episode scenario

doesn't get the same number of hits though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Well yesterday was a great day for me :rolleyes:

To start, I tripped and fell flat on my face.

Then Arsenal lost.

Then to top it all off, the girl I love decided we should see other people. We spent a good two or three hours talking it out but in the end it wasnt meant to be. That was by far the worst, the other two were just unfortunate.

So in an attempt to cheer myself up today, I bought Episodes from Liberty City and L.A. Noire :D

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Well yesterday was a great day for me :rolleyes:

To start, I tripped and fell flat on my face.

Then Arsenal lost.

Then to top it all off, the girl I love decided we should see other people. We spent a good two or three hours talking it out but in the end it wasnt meant to be. That was by far the worst, the other two were just unfortunate.

So in an attempt to cheer myself up today, I bought Episodes from Liberty City and L.A. Noire :D

What a gee bag, **** all her friends and let her know about it.

• Advertisement

Why is it that when great shows get shown here they get a showin at a ****ty time.

Im currently in the middle of season 3 and it is one of the best shows ive seen.

Compared to the timeslots RTE give some shows, 11pm is great

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement