Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options
1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wonder if Hodgson will be brave enough to change things for the Costa Rica game. I can see Italy getting 9 points so England could scrape through yet, but their back 4 and Gerrard have all been very poor in both games.

It's funny though, England went to this World Cup hoping to play like Liverpool but have ended up looking more like last season's United with a non existent midfield and an attack having to come deep just to get the ball.

I think Costa Rica will beat England too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I thought England playing 4-3-3 was the obvious selection as it gave them the most options and for once strength in midfield. Example Barkley and Wilshere with Gerrard in Midfield and Sturridge, Sterling or Lallana (Swapped them depending on opposition) playing with Rooney.

But no they went with Welbeck & Henderson (bless him) forced to do all Gerrards running. Phil Jagileka who is only two years younger than Terry but with something like 50 caps less for England.

Its a shame (for them:pac:) that the good attacking was so let down by the rest.

At least they are not as **** as Ireland:p

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Costa Rica will beat England too

After what Costa Rica did against Uruguay, England shouldn't take them lightly
    (Please Costa Rica knock England out)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Easily the best World Cup ever. And do not bring up WC's you weren't alive to see you jokester.

Of all the World Cups I've seen from U.S.A '94 through to this years World Cup, this one has sprung more surprises than all the others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well that's what little interest I had in the world cup gone with my sweepstake team out

Seriously delighted that England are headed out of the World Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Japan really didn't take advantage of the extra man at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Abandon_thread.gif
    We have a new one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement