Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Dancor wrote: »
    What a gee bag, **** all her friends and let her know about it.

I couldnt do that to her. I love her too much. I want her to be happy, even if that means not with me.

She wasnt at all cold about it either. She was crying and everything so obviously it wasnt easy for her either. The intention is to stay friends, so hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I couldnt do that to her. I love her too much. I want her to be happy, even if that means not with me.

She wasnt at all cold about it either. She was crying and everything so obviously it wasnt easy for her either. The intention is to stay friends, so hopefully.

Really sorry to hear about your news man, but trust me when I say the friends thing is never gonna work. I know this all too well from experience and the best advice I can give you is to cut contact completely for at least a few months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Then to top it all off, the girl I love decided we should see other people. We spent a good two or three hours talking it out but in the end it wasnt meant to be. That was by far the worst, the other two were just unfortunate.
    i-know-that-feel-bro.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Dancor wrote: »
    What a gee bag, **** all her friends and let her know about it.

Sorry to hear that dude. Seriously. Stay strong and civil with her but don't be best friends.

On an unrelated note my gear box went today. More money into a poxh car. Lost my key last week too so that was a big expense as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

That Tupac video is amazing, the attention to detail is incredible. Lots of positive and negative feedback though as it may be only a matter of time before we see Elvis and Michael Jackson touring the world and people cashing in on the deceased.

Has got me thinking though, if Vince McMahon invested in this Hologram technology business, we could potentially see any match from any superstar dead or alive.

CM Punk vs Randy Savage, Mr Perfect vs Dolph Ziggler, Owen Hart vs Tyson Kidd, or Eddie Guerrero vs Daniel Bryan anyone?

Vince has no morals anyway so why not make it into a PPV and call it HoloSlam :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Charisteas wrote: »
    That Tupac video is amazing, the attention to detail is incredible. Lots of positive and negative feedback though as it may be only a matter of time before we see Elvis and Michael Jackson touring the world and people cashing in on the deceased.

Has got me thinking though, if Vince McMahon invested in this Hologram technology business, we could potentially see any match from any superstar dead or alive.

CM Punk vs Randy Savage, Mr Perfect vs Dolph Ziggler, Owen Hart vs Tyson Kidd, or Eddie Guerrero vs Daniel Bryan anyone?

Vince has no morals anyway so why not make it into a PPV and call it HoloSlam :rolleyes:
    Not likely to ever happen to be honest, considering it cost Dr Dre or his label or whatever over 100k to have that 3 minute 2pac performance together, and took james camercons company a few months to put it all together apparently. So yeah, like Pixar movies, which I read costs on average between 50-100k a minute in those movies, it would cost a bomb to make anything of a large scale, and isn't a worthwhile investment for relativity small companies (compared to say Dreamworks or Pixar) like WWE or for a concert.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

That's horrible news mate. Well it's a good thing it happened now so you can make a clean break and not slowly building up over time.
    I couldnt do that to her. I love her too much. I want her to be happy, even if that means not with me. She wasnt at all cold about it either. She was crying and everything so obviously it wasnt easy for her either. The intention is to stay friends, so hopefully.

Man, you've outed yourself as a true face and a good guy :) Can't say I'm as nice a guy! IMO I've never seen it work going from ex to just mates; it's too much of an emotional downgrade/barrier for one/both to be ok with. I'd recommend not seeing her until you've been with someone else.

Anyway man that horrible day is over, at least it's all up from now on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Bayern & Real has been interesting so far wished Bayern wouldn't be so sloppy in possesion & get at the two Headbangers (thanks Eamo) in Madrids defence. Howard Webb doing a rubbish job as usual, he is the absolute shìts at his job.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

gnfnrhead wrote:

Happened to me 16 months ago only way I git over it was no contact (and a few months in new Zealand)
    I did find out though she was sleeping wit our housemate for a while so that helped me moving on, downside dont trust girls anymore.

Sorry to hear about that gnfnrhead, if you stay friends you never know.
    Thank god Bayern won that if it wasn't for a bit of defending that would have Beckenbauer pulling out his they could be a lot more comfortable. Both sides weren't very convincing defensively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That sounds very sweet and mature and hopefully down the road ye will end up being very good friends or maybe even unite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

In contrast to you gnfnrhead. I went to work at 7, home for about 3 and went asleep at 4 and only woke up and hour ago. Best way to deal with some days :D. I know how you feel went through it a month ago. Not nice in the slightest but just leave away from her and try move on the worst part is I am friends with her friends so still see her updates even though I blocked her on FB (I would strongly advise this as I realised it was killing me to see her updates aftwer nights out or whatever) Its not actually blocking her just stop her status updates getting to you.

Stoke like Long throw ins in a Champions League semi final quite a sad sight. Hope you are enjoying GTA & LA Noire Gnfnrhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I hate memes. Let's take already funny pictures and ruin them with a "humorous" gag guys. And it's catching on to facebook now. UGH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

The original American Pie cast in Dublin tonight for the premiere of the new movie, have to say i'm really looking forward to this, more so than the inbetweeners return.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Stoke like Long throw ins in a Champions League semi final quite a sad sight. Hope you are enjoying GTA & LA Noire Gnfnrhead.
    Just finished Lost and the Damned :D Well, mostly. 97% with only a few races left so good enough.

Speaking of which, that air hockey game has to be the most annoying mini game yet! The pool isnt great either, but compared to air hockey it's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Charisteas wrote: »
    The original American Pie cast in Dublin tonight for the premiere of the new movie, have to say i'm really looking forward to this, more so than the inbetweeners return.

Inbetweeners return was tabloid bollocks

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/73836/Rumours-Of-A-Fourth-Series-Of-The-Inbetweeners-Is-Total-B-

Do think we will get another movie in the next few years as last years was a monster financial success.

I seen this elsewhere..:p

young2rko.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Inbetweeners return was tabloid bollocks

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/73836/Rumours-Of-A-Fourth-Series-Of-The-Inbetweeners-Is-Total-B-

Do think we will get another movie in the next few years as last years was a monster financial success.

I'm sure I read somewhere that MTV was remaking The Inbetweeners for the US

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭deisedude

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I seen this elsewhere..:p

To be fair to Young he took the bump well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Haha, Mick Foley was on the new 30 Rock on Comedy Central last night. Was playing Mankind.

Though I thought i was weird....he was credited as "WWE Superstar Mick Foley as Mankind" in the credits for some reason.

just watched haywire.

was very surprised when they started
    going through dublin, and not a sign of any "to be sure, to be sure, top of the morning to ya" shíte, pretty authentic stuff for once".

pretty good film too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭deisedude

just watched haywire.

was very surprised when they started
    going through dublin, and not a sign of any "to be sure, to be sure, top of the morning to ya" shíte, pretty authentic stuff for once".

pretty good film too

Ya to be fair they didn't Oirish it up. I felt the female lead was way too wooden, really took away from my enjoyment of the film as I couldn't empathise with her. Fassbender really steals the show I felt

Would you believe my stream stopped at the judo throw. Furious I was I missed it. As bad as Galway were I couldn't believe Dublin didn't win in normal time.

No Judo throw but a comfortable win today JC looked great from what I seen but I watched a dreadful offering of Arsenal vs Chelsea & Villa vs Sunderland. Clasico time now, don't fancy Real getting beaten, a draw i'd say. If Real lose their season could be in tatters morale wise.

Is there any way to just turn off game notifications on Facebook? I'm fcuking sick of getting invites to play crap games.

Used to just be one or two so I could block it, but it'll take forever to block every game I get a request from.

Real deserved that, don't get why Barca persist on playing Puyol with Mascherano the former is past it & the latter just follows Puyol like a lamb & aren't a compatable pairing it'd be like Liverpool picking Carragher & Spearing as a partnership. Messi keeps dropping deep now cause of the gargantuan amount of square nothing passes from Xavi, Busquets, Thiago & Iniesta. The team just looks tired & bland, they badly need a forward in like Falcao who will take some of the goal scoring burden off Messi who at the moment looks like a guy who is exhausted cause he has carried the team all year.
    Just seen the ad for Depp/Burtons latest load of garbage as usual.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Just seen the ad for Depp/Burtons latest load of garbage as usual.

It looks so bland doesn't it? Both of them have been coasting it for years and really should stop working with each other. And yes I like both as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Is it sad that I loved Ronaldo's average goal more than Joe Canning's stunning finish today? I think it is but Dublin and Barca lost so all is well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Barca don't want another Zlatan.

they started tonight without any of messi's regular support players, Villa, Pedro, Alexis or Cesc. Not surprising to see him struggle, throw in the number of games he has played lately its impossible to keep up the level of performance we have come to expect.

barca are fine. They did incredibly well to ever get close to Real who had a 10 point lead and playing catch up is a hard thing to do.

Real are are also a very good side so there is no shame in losing.

Hang on this isn't the soccer forum!

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Hang on this isn't the soccer forum!
    If it were the soccer forum this would be Liverpool fans vs United fans thread by now :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement