Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

If any good comes from this sad situation I really feel like I've made a difference by liking his RIP Page.

Seriously though the pictures from the crash are scary.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Just curious, what else was he in besides Fast and the Furious?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Angron wrote: »

He did a ton of movies, but FATF was by far the biggest of the lot. Most of the others I never even heard of, but he has a lot to his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,412 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Angron wrote: »

Running Scared is a very good film and he was the douchebag in She's All That

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

https://m.facebook.com/justiceforisabelle

Alright lads, hope this is OK, just trying to spread awareness about what happened to my mates dog over the weekend. Basically their dog was ripped apart by hounds on an unadvertised hunt.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Feel like I am about ten years late working this stuff out but whats the deal with buying off Ebay? fully reliable etc? It wouldn't be a risk to get someones Christmas present this way would it? Was considering getting the missus a sealed Iphone 5 (even though the thing is far too expensive and she already spends far too much time using her phone - which has been about to die for ages) after being shown they were a couple of hundred cheaper this way, although I would guess it would come minus a warranty etc for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Feel like I am about ten years late working this stuff out but whats the deal with buying off Ebay? fully reliable etc? It wouldn't be a risk to get someones Christmas present this way would it? Was considering getting the missus a sealed Iphone 5 (even though the thing is far too expensive and she already spends far too much time using her phone - which has been about to die for ages) after being shown they were a couple of hundred cheaper this way, although I would guess it would come minus a warranty etc for sure

Check the seller out and their feedback, would be a good place to start.

I only use it now and then but no drama yet.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm sorry to hear that DQ. Horrible stuff.

BH, definitely check the feedback first and ratings. I'd be reluctant to buy such an expensive item on eBay, I'd buy it off Adverts and meet up in person. That way I can check it for a few minutes before buying. You'd be out of luck for a warranty but there's great savings to be had. Reliability is only relative to the individual. It'd be pulling teeth trying to get a refund if you're screwed. I'm sure you'll be fine. If the saving isn't that much, buy it from apple!

yeah thats my concern it's just too big (expensive) an item for me to feel comfortable buying it in this way although it is literally a couple of hundred cheaper that way

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But then you have to wonder why it's so much cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

rovert wrote: »
    Strong recommendation on this:

Watched this on Saturday night, love for anything Charlie does.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

Brother just rang me there asking for €1850 to get a new engine for a van he brought. That doesn't include fitting it.
    I should just open a joint a account for him to stop asking for money.

I have to buy Christmas presents yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Speaking of Ebay, bought an Xmas present for my brother off it. A replica samurai helmet coming in from Japan.

Was due last week but no sign of it :( Have sent them an email and nothing back, so reckon I'm going to have to get onto ebay and get them on the case too.

Worry it's just been held up in customs; anyone know if there's any way to check with customs to see if they have a package for you?

cena wrote: »
    Brother just rang me there asking for €1850 to get a new engine for a van he brought. That doesn't include fitting it.
    I should just open a joint a account for him to stop asking for money.

I have to buy Christmas presents yet.

Will he pay it back?

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Will he pay it back?

I would hope so. The other brother owes my 5k. Helped pay part of his masters. Ive told I want it back

I would hope so. The other brother owes my 5k. Helped pay part of his masters. Ive told I want it back

Bloody hell you are a generous so and so!

I'd want it back some day as well, serious money that.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Bloody hell you are a generous so and so!

I'd want it back some day as well, serious money that.

Ya its a serious amount of money. More so in this day and age. I can't see me getting the 5k back. Maybe some day.
    Between the two they most owe myself and mother near 30k

Need a loan lads. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ya its a serious amount of money. More so in this day and age. I can't see me getting the 5k back. Maybe some day.

Jaysus my brothers owe me like €350 & it pisses me right off. Don`t even count what my parents owe me at this stage.
    Skint too & I still ain`t finished the stupid fucking shopping

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jaysus, it might be time to tell them to go and earn money instead of asking you and your mother for cash

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Jaysus, it might be time to tell them to go and earn money instead of asking you and your mother for cash

Both are in full time work. The oldest had a family to keep.

they seem to only ask me now. Its like I have bank wrote across my chest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

R.I.P Nelson Mandela:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Feel awful the way I found out searching Robben on twitter....

sh!t... okay the guy is not young but this is one of those times when finding out about a famous persons death due to a R.I.P post truely has an impact. A legend is lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,412 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP

I think there is two films out about his life

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The inventor of the Full Nelson

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RIP

I think there is two films out about his life

Idris Elba is starring in a film as Nelson in a new film, seen the poster in the Odeon on sat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You have my permission for the quarterly thread title change. Proceed

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

D.Q wrote: »
    https://m.facebook.com/justiceforisabelle

Alright lads, hope this is OK, just trying to spread awareness about what happened to my mates dog over the weekend. Basically their dog was ripped apart by hounds on an unadvertised hunt.

This is awful, disgusting!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

RIP Nelson Mandela

The world is a better place because of him he should never be forgotten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Nelson Mandela. Never reoffended. Proof the system works.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement