Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Lads if you order off Amazon & your are not around when they deliver where would they leave the delivery? (Neighbour or post office?)
    Have to do some Christmas shopping but i`m only at home after 7 these days

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

They deliver via An Post. An Post will leave a note telling you to go to the nearest depo to collect it. If you haven't placed the order yet, consider shipping it to your place of work (if that's an option).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Or parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

he was also Rafa's wrinkly ballbag iirc but we have had enough conversations about Flah recently seing as he no longer posts here.

Where did flah go. Anyone hear from gerard c?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

If you buy stuff from overseas, what's the maximum you can spend without being charged for taxes/customs when the postman comes knocking?

• Advertisement

If it is brought within the EU you'll be fine. I once paid shy over a hundred for a ice hockey jersey and I had to pay 50 euro custom.

It well depend on what you spend

cena wrote: »
    If it is brought within the EU you'll be fine. I once paid shy over a hundred for a ice hockey jersey and I had to pay 50 euro custom.

It well depend on what you spend

Sorry I should have been more clear, it's from the states.

50 Euro custom for one jersey? :eek:

Well worth the 50 euro. They last for years.

It all depends what you spend. If you spend 20 euro your fine.

could you the thing sent over here as a marked gift. You'll be fine than

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Nice day today:)

Then I have just rad the full story about the lead singer of Lost Prophets.

I feel sick.

how can people so mentally disturbed and evil:(?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Charisteas wrote: »
    If you buy stuff from overseas, what's the maximum you can spend without being charged for taxes/customs when the postman comes knocking?

Technically if the item is VAT of 23% here then the cut off limit is currently €26.08, this value includes postage too. (you will hear people say the limit is €22 but they officially do not bother collecting unless its at least €6)

However higher value items often get through. I once got items worth over €350 sent to work with no charge,

more info here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055862554

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Nice day today:)

I feel sick.

Yeah, that was an appalling one all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Are Pokemon X & Y as complicated as they sound?

Played none of W1, B2 or W2 and only a little of B1. Last game I played properly was Platinum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I don't think so :pac: If you are doing competitive, it can get confusing, sure, but if you're just looking to play the game and not do competitions or whatever, it's fine.

Angron wrote: »
    I don't think so :pac: If you are doing competitive, it can get confusing, sure, but if you're just looking to play the game and not do competitions or whatever, it's fine.

Just seems like so much new stuff and I havent even looked at the new battle types yet! :pac:

No chance of going the competitive route, people take that stuff way too seriously. I mean just general gameplay. I dont give a fcuk about IV's and EV's and whatnot. Not even sure how to work them out, let alone what's good and what's bad.

Was reading up on Serebii to try to figure out a starter and then I got all confused :o

The main new battle stuff is the new type, Fairy, and triple/rotation battles that were introduced in Gen V. There's also sky battles, but they rarely come up (there's like 5 of them that I remember) and you just need a pokemon that can fly for that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pokemon ain't confusing at all. Primarily, it's aimed at kids so it's not like it's super complicated on a core level. Unless you go competitive (and I agree with you on how undesirable that is), there's nothing that will tax you at all.

Speaking of games...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSLgmTS6GylQpVwJlZpT_0RhbST3pN-scyHwPco-QvQ4Pz5Ra_fw

Skyrim complete with DLC for 13 quid. Prison Architect for 12. Sleeping Dogs for 5. Jesus, as if Xmas wasn't killing my wallet already.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Speaking of games...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSLgmTS6GylQpVwJlZpT_0RhbST3pN-scyHwPco-QvQ4Pz5Ra_fw

Skyrim complete with DLC for 13 quid. Prison Architect for 12. Sleeping Dogs for 5. Jesus, as if Xmas wasn't killing my wallet already.

Well don't forget you still have the Xmas sale as well. Also I hope you're keeping an eye on all the Black Friday deals on places like Amazon. Then GMG sent me a mail saying they'll be having a sale starting tomorrow.
    I know I'm not helping. :)

Speaking of pokemon, how about an updated Pokerap
    http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6935996/updated-pokerap-with-all-718-pokemon

Rjd2 wrote: »

I feel sick.

Another story which made me feel physically sick today, and a bit closer to home, is about a horse being doused in petrol and set alight near the Luas line in Tallaght yesterday.

Disgusting c*nts.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,410 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Charisteas wrote: »
    Another story which made me feel physically sick today, and a bit closer to home, is about a horse being doused in petrol and set alight near the Luas line in Tallaght yesterday.

Disgusting c*nts.

The culprit(s) should be named and shamed then sent to prison

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The culprit(s) should be named and shamed then sent to prison

Why? So us tax payers can work to provide them with playstations and tv. Douse them in petrol and set them on fire

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Why? So us tax payers can work to provide them with playstations and tv. Douse them in petrol and set them on fire

While I agree that our jails are virtually a hotel, I dont agree with setting them on fire.

15 years of unpaid hard labour doing the jobs no one else wants to do is the only justifiable outcome, like some prisons in the states do. That would send a message to those wasters who contribute nothing to society but lounge about all day causing trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Know there is no PW talk but where is Shemo this weather?

Would be great to see him pop up on the toyshow?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Know there is no PW talk but where is Shemo this weather?

Would be great to see him pop up on the toyshow?

Pretty sure he is back in America.

Arjen Robben bumping like Ziggler -

robbengif.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

He was tweeting pics of himself and drew hanging about in the gym from Cenas pre Mania Rock match video, so must be in america

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Paul Walker, star of the Fast and the Furious films, has died in a car crash in America.

Genuinely stunned. Loved the films. Gutted by the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Know very little about Paul Walker but he just struck me as a genuinely nice guy sad that two people are dead in a cruel irony

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Strong recommendation on this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Takes some effort & creativity to be as unapologetically bad as Liverpool today, bravo lads

95.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,410 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paul Walker, star of the Fast and the Furious films, has died in a car crash in America.

Genuinely stunned. Loved the films. Gutted by the news.

:(

RIP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement