Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

Anyone know if Gamestop are doing their upgrade thing on Lego Marvel where I can get it for the 360 tomorrow and upgrade to the X1 edition next week?

I haven't heard about them doing it for Lego Marvel.

Also the Xbox One version has been delayed till the 29th

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Finished season 2 of Battlestar Gallactica, even though its not normally a genre I like, its absolute quality. Filing the voidly nicely since BB ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Hope I can get a bit of advice off ye guys as I see a bit of talk about the PS4 etc.

Not a big gamer myself but thinking of picking up the PS3. Argos have it at just under €200. (albeit for slim version and 1gb, which I gather isn't much, but I imagine should be fine for my needs) Question is, Is there any better offer than this and would you expect it to fall in price any further this side of Xmas when the PS4 finally comes out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Degag wrote: »
    Hope I can get a bit of advice off ye guys as I see a bit of talk about the PS4 etc.

Not a big gamer myself but thinking of picking up the PS3. Argos have it at just under €200. (albeit for slim version and 1gb, which I gather isn't much, but I imagine should be fine for my needs) Question is, Is there any better offer than this and would you expect it to fall in price any further this side of Xmas when the PS4 finally comes out?

The 12GB isn`t great because if you get a PS3 I would highly recommend getting Playstation Plus aswell as it`d save you a bomb of money. Checking stores now and the 250GB ones now seem to be very scarce. I think you can use 3rd party hard drives with the PS3 though

Are many getting a PS4 or Xbox One this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I've been thinking about picking up a PS3 (I only play my brother's at our home place) but to be honest I think it's a bit foolish. Hadn't planned to but I've convinced myself to wait a bit and pick up one of the next gen. €200 (plus whatever you spend on games) is a good way towards either a PS4 or Xbox1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

GTR63 wrote: »
    The 12GB isn`t great because if you get a PS3 I would highly recommend getting Playstation Plus aswell as it`d save you a bomb of money. Checking stores now and the 250GB ones now seem to be very scarce. I think you can use 3rd party hard drives with the PS3 though

I've heard people say the same about the 12gb but i'm not a big gamer, won't be playing online or anything like that so I think should be fine
    ShagNastii wrote: »
    I've been thinking about picking up a PS3 (I only play my brother's at our home place) but to be honest I think it's a bit foolish. Hadn't planned to but I've convinced myself to wait a bit and pick up one of the next gen. €200 (plus whatever you spend on games) is a good way towards either a PS4 or Xbox1.
    Big difference between 200e and 500e!!

I know what you mean though but as I said, i'm not a big gamer so PS3 is fine for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

Some fecker just drove passed and broke my mothers wing mirror

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

cena wrote: »
    Some fecker just drove passed and broke my mothers wing mirror

INJUSTICE!!!
    The Shield are on their way....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

GTR63 wrote: »

I'm waiting for a while yet. By the time I got a PS3, it was the Slim model and there were 2 Uncharted games for it. I'm in no rush for another one since I ahve a huge backlog between my PS3, Wii, Wii U and PC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Are the uncharted games good? I'm at a serious loss for games atm, bought a ps3 recently and basically just played Gta and guitar hero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

The new HMV/Xtravisions are a bit meh arent they?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

D.Q wrote: »
    Are the uncharted games good? I'm at a serious loss for games atm, bought a ps3 recently and basically just played Gta and guitar hero.

I've never played it, but I know Uncharted 3 seems to always be held up as THE game that defines the console....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,649 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Thinking of getting a Wii for my little daughter (3y.o.) ... Just for messing around with.. . to play a few of the kiddy games with her etc but what games are there for me to enjoy when she's in bed for the night.

Haven't played anything much in the last 6-7 years but when I did I enjoyed games like metal gear solid, prince of Persia etc .... Anything like that available on the Wii ... The limited selection Ive seen in stores are Disney titles, fitness based, sports orientated. What are the wrestling games like.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They're great. A little bit too scripted sometimes and some of the gunfights can be frustrating, but overall they are amazing games. A great blend of really good gameplay in terms of exploration, puzzles etc, and some amazing gaming moments. Plus the story, acting and graphics are all seriously top notch.

Yeah they're good action games though as said, very scripted in parts. My favourite games on ps3 are the Infamous games
    eh i dunno wrote: »

Yeah it's like they took the hmv name but kept xtravision prices. We'll see if they have hmm sale prices after Christmas
    Thinking of getting a Wii for my little daughter (3y.o.) ... Just for messing around with.. . to play a few of the kiddy games with her etc but what games are there for me to enjoy when she's in bed for the night.

Haven't played anything much in the last 6-7 years but when I did I enjoyed games like metal gear solid, prince of Persia etc .... Anything like that available on the Wii ... The limited selection Ive seen in stores are Disney titles, fitness based, sports orientated. What are the wrestling games like.

The Mario games are good with New Super Mario Bros Wii playable by 2 players so you could play with her. Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands is really good as well. There is another Prince of Persia game on it but it's just a port of the Two Thrones with a different name. I would also suggest Okami and the Metroid Prime trilogy though they may be hard to get as well

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Uncharted 2 is one of the best gaming experiences of the generation. Seriously very well made and gorgeous, highly recommend! UC1 was a bit stinky controls-wise so don't bother, and the advances made in UC2 get cumbersome in UC3. So just start with UC2. I won't spoil it but there's some scripted setpieces which are just *mwah*! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes I'm not a fan tbh

The Wii is a bit of a Mario/Zelda machine, so apart from Super Mario Galaxy (I enjoyed 1>2), New Super Mario Bros Wii and Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword, there's Rayman Origins, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Okami (quite like Zelda TP), Zack & Wiki (Puzzle Game) ...Xenoblade Chronicles (RPG). Dunno if you're into Rock Band/Guitar Hero but I've spent hundreds of hours on those. Gameplay is dodgy on WWE games in general but Wii controls make it even worse. Wii's not the most versatile console!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Only got the PS3 about 2 months ago for TLOU and am playing my way through the 1st Uncharted now. I can see what people mean saying it feels scripted, I'll plough through it anyway. I have the other two sitting waiting to be played also.

Have a serious backlog to clear at the moment between PS3, 360 and PC and I'll be getting the PS4 soon too!

They tightened up everything for the sequel so make sure to play that even if you get browned off with UC1!

• Advertisement

Lads what site would you recommend for selling tickets? Bought tickets for someone as a present but someone else also got them tickets. Not looking to make a profit on them but want to cover the cost of them. Ebay? Donedeal or adverts? Ebay seems to be looking a decent cut of any sale. Ideally want to sell via Paypal too

Lads what site would you recommend for selling tickets? Bought tickets for someone as a present but someone else also got them tickets. Not looking to make a profit on them but want to cover the cost of them. Ebay? Donedeal or adverts? Ebay seems to be looking a decent cut of any sale. Ideally want to sell via Paypal too

Haven't used it myself but I've heard of toutless.com being used

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

+1 for toutless

adverts is alright too, as it also has the ability to see discussions going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Adverts is decent but if you're selling something for a set price, you can expect a first offer to be of something around 25% of your asking price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Charisteas wrote: »
    Adverts is decent but if you're selling something for a set price, you can expect a first offer to be of something around 25% of your asking price.

So many chancers and time wasters on adverts nowadays, it was much better a few years back.

Cheers lads. I'll have a proper look on toutless tomorrow. Is eBay a rip off? Is it 10% commission?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

One more sleep. One more sle....

Ah who am I kidding. I ain't sleeping much tonigh...

Ah so you're getting the new Zelda as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Can't wait for Doctor who on Saturday! Got my tickets booked for the cinema too !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah so you're getting the new Zelda as well?

evil-plotting-raccoon-meme-generator-i-m-jealous-for-now-2234d6.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement