Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

This guy Noel Smyth, he's in NAMA, isn't he.
    MrsD007 wrote: »
    No, you're thinking of Harry Crosbie. Harry is on the Children's Hospital Development Committee but he is pro the Mater site, while Noel is opposed to that site.

Noel Smyth is in Nama, he had to give his art collection to them recently, he use to be Ben Dunne solicitor at one time.
    Irish Indo Oct 2011
    NAMA looks set to become one of the biggest sellers of art this November at the annual auctions in New York and London, after the agency took possession of Noel Smyth's extensive art collection.

NAMA and Smyth's companies have signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) and this involves giving NAMA extensive charges over assets, including the art.

Full Article

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ads are cheap on TV3 this hour of the night so

Noel Smyth Property Developer, coming to a Leinster House near you soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

McLovin !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

They'll end up in the clink for a couple of years and then be hired as security consultants on $$$$$$$ for the rest of their lives..

(unless it was just Denial Of Service attacks, then they're fkd.. :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Is this all down to a northside-southside split? I haven't followed this story.

Bit mad if that is the case, the Mater is in the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

They'll end up in the clink for a couple of years and then be hired as security consultants on $$$$$$$ for the rest of their lives..

(unless it was just Denial Of Service attacks, then they're fkd.. :pac:)

Don't think so, say these boys will get 70-90 years each as examples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Apparently hair loss is an occupational hazard for the contemporary professional cricketer.. Seemed like it was a pitch primarily directed at Yates himself.. they know that he doesnt have a shilling now, dont they?

Given his slickness on Television this week, I'd say Ivan would be very interested in a Shilling. Give him some free samples then in a few months ...

"I'm Ivan Yates, I was as bald as a billiard ball, but then I used Advanced Hair Studio. Now I have flowing locks that Vincent can only dream of ...."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The programme tonight is about the complaint being upheld against Sean Gallagher during RTE's Frontline Presidential Debate.

Should be one to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Will we ever see the back of Gallagher.
    He will probably get money out of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Eamon Ryan on again. :rolleyes:
    Sarah looking fantastic :pac:
    A forceful denial/clarification by SG would have put an end to it.

Will we ever see the back of Gallagher.
    He will probably get money out of this.

I wouldn't know. It is probably up to him.

The BAI have a lot of detail here in regard to the complaint made by his Solicitors.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0307/bai_gallagher_ruling.pdf

RTE must study it in detail IMO even it is regarded as 'minor'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Eamon Ryan on again. :rolleyes:

Sent angry text explaining my anger at seeing that parasite on TV. Turned the show off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

squod wrote: »
    Sent angry text explaining my anger at seeing that parasite on TV. Turned the show off.

Because the gree'ins destroyed the fuppin country Joe.

Tonight's show is about the 1st year in government of FG/LAB.

There is the supposed Photo-op of FG being cancelled

So joe was complaining the last time about paying off the bank debts (and thus keeping them open for business) and is now giving out that they are losing 1/6 of their staff... The man doesnt do consistency very well.

Evertime I see that Brian Hayes guy I cannot help thinking he wants to be Pat Rabbitte, his mannerisms and delivery of words, just a carbon copy of Pat Rabbitte. :confused::confused:

Maybe I'm mad

"hammering people on welfare" ??

How exactly does Joe qualify that statement? Benefits still arent far off what they were when the Government Exchequer income was >50Billion.. only now we're borrowing to pay them.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

vicwatson wrote: »
    Evertime I see that Brian Hayes guy I cannot help thinking he wants to be Pat Rabbitte, his mannerisms and delivery of words, just a carbon copy of Pat Rabbitte. :confused::confused:

Maybe I'm mad

It's not just you, Hayes is always trying to be Rabbitte. Although strangely enough when they are ever on a panel show together, Hayes tones down the Rabbitte'isms big time.:rolleyes:

Where does this guy Hayes stand on the Promissory notes today. :pac:

• Advertisement

Is Ivan being very flirty with Alison O'Conner or is it just me?

Everybody is seeing that including myself.

Pink to make the boys wink ;)

Joan Burton slapped back into line today on the Promissory notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Got to love the way the gangland killings in Dundalk barely get a mention apart from Ivan reading it out. Last sting of a dying wasp......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭chinwag

djmarkus wrote: »
    I never seen the branding changed for a presenter... Something strange going on?

Yeah, the "Vincent Browne" part of the presentation is hardly there this week, almost airbrushed out of it.
    And apparently, VB is not presenting the show next week. Does anyone know what's going on?
    Yates is good, he gets the answers but with smoother style and less aggression than VB.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

chinwag wrote: »
    Yates is good, he gets the answers but with smoother style and less aggression than VB.

Yeah he's boring. :)

They must have decided to give the show to Ivan when Vincent isn't about rather then changing the presenter each week during the summer.
    Last sting of a dying wasp......:rolleyes:

Who said that? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

Elmo wrote: »
    Yeah he's boring. :)

They must have decided to give the show to Ivan when Vincent isn't about rather then changing the presenter each week during the summer.

Ivan said last night that Richard Curran would be presenting the show next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

jvc wrote: »
    Ivan said last night that Richard Curran would be presenting the show next week.

Is VB worried about losing his job or are TV3 worrying about finding a suitable replacement? Is VB sick?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think anyone would seem 'boring' compared to V. Browne; but If I'm honest, the love-affair with him is long over, having quickly seen through his fairly limited range of journalistic tricks. As entertaining as it might be to watch as he tears into the latest politician, there's very little substance behind his hectoring.

I also believe him to be a a man without any solutions or answers, nor gives any suggestion he wants to contribute: a jaded cynic inclined to simply fling a wrecking ball at even the most well-meaning of enterprises, always taking the easy path of destructive rather than constructive criticism. Browne has no answers himself, but would continually shout about social justice, bondholders or whatever other disgrace he perceived. Granted, a true journalist should always be impartial: but when that impartiality is coupled with a broad rejection of all policies, or all viewpoints contrary to his own - and doesn't hide this fact - he just becomes a troll. And there's 1 too many of those on the internet without indulging them on broadcast media. In fact I'd go one further a say he's simply an Irish version of the type of right-wing demagogues you get on American TV...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement