Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Paschal has such a teacher's pet way about him.
    vicwatson wrote: »
    I can't listen to him at all, he has the weirdest sound out of him - too annoying altogether

I think that title belongs to this lad :D

fgnavanhospital1a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Ivan gets through about twice the amount of questions cos he's so sharp and doesnt get bogged down in petty, childish point scoring..

He's presenting for the rest of the week. Good stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I think that title belows to this lad :D

fgnavanhospital1a.jpg

No no, definitely to Paschal, very irritating, I know it might be a bit of an affliction but....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That is shocking if true if paddy power is going to Italy.

Let's hope the profits for next year won't be....Ahem....FRAUDULENT!

It is good that Ivan is reviewing the newspapers properly. Vinny rarely gets beyond announcing the headlines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Really makes you wonder about FF though.. Ex Ministers taking >120k pensions from a State that is borrowing the money to pay them.. having contributed to the desperate economic situation themselves.. And they get a cordial welcome at the Fianna Fáil Ard Fhéis... Are they really patriots?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Really makes you wonder about FF though.. Ex Ministers taking >120k pensions from a State that is borrowing the money to pay them.. having contributed to the desperate economic situation themselves.. And they get a cordial welcome at the Fianna Fáil Ard Fhéis... Are they really patriots?

Indeed and I bet Ivan is taking his pension too as well as double jobbing on t.v and running his remaining bookie offices. They are all the same imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Indeed and I bet Ivan is taking his pension too as well as double jobbing on t.v and running his remaining bookie offices. They are all the same imo.

Yea but at least Ivan didn't run the country into the ground ... as I recall he was a dam good Minister for Agriculture

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Callan57 wrote: »
    Yea but at least Ivan didn't run the country into the ground ... as I recall he was a dam good Minister for Agriculture

But the point is that they are all taking whatever they think they are entitled to, good, bad or indifferent. All the snouts are in the trough.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Callan57 wrote: »

Ah but like his bookies he would have given half the chance.

The type of spending that FF/PDs did they all would have done had they been given the chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Elmo wrote: »
    Ah but like his bookies he would have given half the chance.

The type of spending that FF/PDs did they all would have done had they been given the chance.

Well whether he would or wouldn't .... fact is he didn't

That's not to say that I don't think the multiple, massive pensions, allowances, expenses etc etc isn't a down right obscenity.

Any idea who's on tonight guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I have to agree with those who praised Ivan Yates.

While Vincent occasionally provides moments of magic, Ivan is generally so much sharper, to the point and keeps the discussion moving along nicely.

Another great performance by Ivan... Show running at twice it's normal speed..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Skid wrote: »
    I have to agree with those who praised Ivan Yates.

While Vincent occasionally provides moments of magic, Ivan is generally so much sharper, to the point and keeps the discussion moving along nicely.

He's good tonight alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

The Northsiders want it on the Northside.
    The Southsiders want it on the Southside.
    The Culchies want it on the Naas Road.

Just buy one of these
    ship_usns_mercy_lg.jpg

^^ We'd probably get the Costa Concordia fairly cheap at this stage.. We could turn it into the (High) Costa ModernMedicationia

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

This guy Noel Smyth, he's in NAMA, isn't he.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭inagoodway

is the german girl on?

This guy Noel Smyth, he's in NAMA, isn't he.

Edit: Noel Smyth's art collection was transferred to NAMA.

• Advertisement

inagoodway wrote: »
    is the german girl on?

Nope, hospital night

Crown speaks the truth, too many small hospitals in Dublin and doctors busy playing politics in each hospital.

The Northsiders want it on the Northside.
    The Southsiders want it on the Southside.
    The Culchies want it on the Naas Road.

I have heard people looking for it to be in Athlone (i.e. geographically in the centre of the Country), but that's not going to work.

The Mater is a nightmare to get to from outside Dublin, there is nowhere to park and very little Public Transport.

Despite Professor Crown's protestations, I am certain the only reason the Mater was chosen was because of the influence of Ahern.

Harry Crosbie is the Chairman of the New Childrens Hospital Development Board - WTF? I MEAN, REALLY, WTF?? This country really is a joke

I find it absolutely incomprehensible that they would not have an advisor on the board from An Bórd Pleannála advising them what was and was not possible... There is no conflict of interest when children's health is the priority.. It seems that the only people who win out of this is An Bórd Pleannála themselves as they have a bit of work when the plan is resubmitted.... The losers are EVERYBODY else in the State, including the children..

Skid wrote: »
    I have heard people looking for it to be in Athlone (i.e. geographically in the centre of the Country), but that's not going to work.
    I agree, Athlone is a non runner for lots of reasons but in addition to that many clinicians also have teaching roles in Universities in the city, they won't want to be based outside Dublin.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Harry Crosbie is the Chairman of the New Childrens Hospital Development Board - WTF? I MEAN, REALLY, WTF?? This country really is a joke

You'd have to respect the success he has had in business, but how exactly he can STILL be as arrogant, flippant and self absorbed now that he has been rescued by the taxpayer is beyond me...

You'd have to respect the success he has had in business, but how exactly he can STILL be as arrogant, flippant and self absorbed now that he has been rescued by the taxpayer is beyond me...

For me it's about children's health and not business. He obviously hasn't been that successful as he has been NAMAD !

Didn't he also get a nice new free Luas line to his business? And a new bridge at his other business.

Ridiculous that this guy gets to sit as chairperson, he knows as much about new hospitals as I do.:mad:

That hair ad should just say

" Hi, I'm Shane Warne. I used to look like a binman, but then I used Advanced Hair Studio and now Liz Hurley is my Girlfriend'

• Advertisement

Apparently hair loss is an occupational hazard for the contemporary professional cricketer.. Seemed like it was a pitch primarily directed at Yates himself.. they know that he doesnt have a shilling now, dont they?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement