Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

vicwatson wrote: »
    VB is carrying out this interview as if Ian Bailey had been tried for murder and has just got off. Bizarre line of interviewing, way too soft

Yes, Brown is on his very much on his side - shouldn't a journalist be the Devil's Advocate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

InisMor wrote: »
    He is very annoying - even in the interview he is completely unprepared. He is very unsuited to television. How has he kept this job? I don't want to watch people on TV who talk like I would on TV. :)

I don't agree with your assessment of VB, he is good which is why he has kept his job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Ian Bailey has talked himself into believing he didn't do it I think, he knew the Gardai messed up so was well prepared for what was to be fired at him. You can tell by his body language, always could

Maybe just maybe he did not kill her.

He is very annoying - even in the interview he is completely unprepared. He is very unsuited to television. How has he kept this job? I don't want to watch people on TV who talk like I would on TV. :)

Remote control?

Won't learn anything that way, Vic!!! ;)

He reminds me of most of my teachers - half-pissed and half-asleep - but I still stayed in school. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I found it odd before that he decided to stay in Schull, but he said he had a fair amount of support in the area, so I guess can understand why now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Completely o/t, for which apologies - but what on earth has Derbhail Mc Donald done to her hair :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

hondasam wrote: »
    Maybe just maybe he did not kill her.

And maybe, just maybe, he did and the Gardai messed up so much and he knew that...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I go through phases of thinking he dunnit. I'm so happy not to be a judge :o

Really though, in my gut (where it matter not a jot) , i think he did do it and the guards made massive mess ups along the way and have over compensated and been found with their kacks round their ankles.

If it looks like a dog, walks like a dog and barks like a dog......

Huge interview For VB. While he was very soft on him it was hardly the time for him to come out with "ah go on, ya did it didint ya"

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Completely o/t, for which apologies - but what on earth has Derbhail Mc Donald done to her hair :eek:

Shave or dye, no?:)

Won't learn anything that way, Vic!!! ;)

He reminds me of most of my teachers - half-pissed and half-asleep - but I still stayed in school. :)

You had no choice but to stay in school, you have a choice to change channel :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

And maybe, just maybe, he did and the Gardai messed up so much and he knew that...........

There is another suspect that many believe was the actual killer.

Bailey had no motive for the murder..it just doesn't make sense that he did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    shes a glamorous blonde these days

Skid wrote: »
    Good for you, but lots of people (who have watched the show more than once) like it.

There has to be a first time for everything, Skid!!! Still though, hard to see how this could turn me from Prime Time - they are prepared before the go on air and well able for any panelists.

The other journalist was right - the French would tell the Shicolonies to go to feck if they should up to look into a death over there.

Shave or dye, no?:)

she'd want to be a bit less subtle about it if so!
    M cebee wrote: »
    shes a glamorous blonde these days

blonde yes... glamorous, well, not IMO.

Anyway, nothing to do with the topic at hand.

He creeps me out (actually they both do, VB possibly more so!) - which is not to say he's guilty, but still.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Vincent is not sitting on the fence with this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

There has to be a first time for everything, Skid!!! Still though, hard to see how this could turn me from Prime Time - they are prepared before the go on air and well able for any panelists.

Oh well, each to their own.

The other journalist was right - the French would tell the Shicolonies to go to feck if they should up to look into a death over there.

Now there, I do agree with you. That Supreme Court Decision today was crucial in drawing a line under French interference in Irish criminal issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Vincent is not sitting on the fence with this one.

Does he ever sit on the fence...?

she'd want to be a bit less subtle about it if so!

Sure the whole point of the campaign is not to be subtle, to highlight awareness of cancer !!;)

Not sure that's the reason why she looks like a 100w bulb mind :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

always thought he was guilty
    his interview was unconvincing-too much legal talk for someone so wronged

You had no choice but to stay in school, you have a choice to change channel :P

There was a choice for both - I chose not to doss in either case and I have learned something :)

I tell you this though - I had no opinion on this one way or the other because I just don't know who did it - but feck Bailey and his sueing the State - I didn't make any accustations and he be taking money from the taxes I have paid :(

• Advertisement

Sure the whole point of the campaign is not to be subtle, to highlight awareness of cancer !!;)

Not sure that's the reason why she looks like a 100w bulb mind :pac::pac:

That's what I meant - if it was a shave-or-dye-job, I'd expect highlighter pink or something! Just looks like a bad salon job to me. Go back to brunette, Derbhail, suited you ten times better!

There was a choice for both - I chose not to doss in either case and I have learned something :)

I tell you this though - I had no opinion on this one way or the other because I just don't know who did it - but feck Bailey and his sueing the State - I didn't make any accustations and he be taking money from the taxes I have paid :(

Sure that's what happens when the "state" arrest you falsely etc etc etc

He is quite highly trained in the law now, has at least a degree AFAIK

I thought Clifford was going to tell Brown to button his hole about the neglected children case when he was saying it is hard to know if jail was fair without actually being in the court and knowing the evidence (like the judge was)

I think TV3 got the interview because Brown was going to be soft - Prime Time would've been harder on Bailey.

Sure that's what happens when the "state" arrest you falsely etc etc etc

It wouldn't happen in Connemara - Jack Driscoll would get his man and not have to deal with pesky journalists or telly types :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

He studied law.

This was a very disappointing interview - I can't see getting made into a movie with Michael Sheen and Frank Langella ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

This was a very disappointing interview - I can't see getting made into a movie with Michael Sheen and Frank Langella ;)

Although "Browne/Bailey" has a certain ring to it......

Although "Browne/Bailey" has a certain ring to it......

Based on Vincent Brown's performance tonight it would a rom-com :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭VagnerLove

Vincent's new haircut is so fucking cool.

what a man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement