Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatcheese.ie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

I'm having issues with these guys again. The clicks log but the purchases don't. I raise a ticket and they don't respond.

Is there some ombudsman or something I can report them to? It's really shady now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Jarren wrote: »
    Still waiting since last May:(

This year in May it will be 2 years and still haven't received the money owned .

I already raised the ticket and contacted them live chat but still no money.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I've almost given up on fatcheese now. I've cashback dating back to September that once would have been paid within 2-3 months, but I haven't have any awarded any since Nov 2nd. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

My purchases track ok but when I ask them to pay out the request stays 'pending' forever. They don't respond to tickets either. Months in I'm still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

pow wow wrote: »
    My purchases track ok but when I ask them to pay out the request stays 'pending' forever. They don't respond to tickets either. Months in I'm still waiting.

100% ditto - tracking purchases ok but zero in the way of response to withdrawl requests or tickets lodged.

Would try to make contact with the operators but there's no easily obvious email address, postal address or phone number at which they can be reached. Given this and the lack of activity on site, on FB/Twitter etc you wouldn't know if it's now effectively a commission eating zombie site or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Actually managed to find one email address that might reach someone in FatCheese and dropped a short line to suggest they might have someone touch base with this thread to address some of the issues raised, we'll see if anything comes of it I guess.

Update: No reply to the email but further application of google-fu has brought up the following links.

The first is a list of dissolved companies as of January 6th from the Irish Companies Registration Office showing Fatcheese Ltd as dissolved and struck off the register LINK.

A swift blitz of the UK register suggests that FatCheese Ltd as dissolved also LINK. It's also listed as gone as of Jan 9th in the UK HERE .

The website itself seems to be registered to a UK company, Kamzam Limited, listed as an advertising company and run by the same owners of FatCheese and which appears to still be on the go.

Not sure what that says but all in all. I'm open to correction, and I'd prefer to be wrong, but it's hard to believe FatCheese.ie is operating beyond a frontend website or there'll be any cash back heading any direction any time soon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

CheGuedara wrote: »
    Actually managed to find one email address that might reach someone in FatCheese and dropped a short line to suggest they might have someone touch base with this thread to address some of the issues raised, we'll see if anything comes of it I guess.

Update: No reply to the email but further application of google-fu has brought up the following links.

The first is a list of dissolved companies as of January 6th from the Irish Companies Registration Office showing Fatcheese Ltd as dissolved and struck off the register LINK.

A swift blitz of the UK register suggests that FatCheese Ltd as dissolved also LINK. It's also listed as gone as of Jan 9th in the UK HERE .

The website itself seems to be registered to a UK company, Kamzam Limited, listed as an advertising company and run by the same owners of FatCheese and which appears to still be on the go.

Not sure what that says but all in all. I'm open to correction, and I'd prefer to be wrong, but it's hard to believe FatCheese.ie is operating beyond a frontend website or there'll be any cash back heading any direction any time soon :(

They were sending promotional emails out as recently as January 30th. :mad:

I remember reading a post on the Moneysaving Expert forums a few years ago advising consumers to withdraw money from cashback sites as it was awarded, as a few others had gone bust. If it wasn't for that I'd be down over 100 euro. Suppose it was good while it lasted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

Yeah I got a mail from them a few days ago too, they had an Xmas competition as well. Definitely still active. They block you from commenting on FB if you say anything they perceive as negative and evidently mark your account as well, as no tickets have been responded to since.

There must be some sort of regulation authority that this could be reported to? In the US they have the better business bureau, is there nothing like that here? :mad:

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Dewdropdeb wrote: »
    Yeah I got a mail from them a few days ago too, they had an Xmas competition as well. Definitely still active. They block you from commenting on FB if you say anything they perceive as negative and evidently mark your account as well, as no tickets have been responded to since.

There must be some sort of regulation authority that this could be reported to? In the US they have the better business bureau, is there nothing like that here? :mad:

The facebook page is not affiliated to the company it's a fanclub page, so highly unlikely that *they* mark your account on FC!

I've never not had them respond to me on the site, I log the tickets and I wait - I have always received my money, albeit not always within the stated timeframe on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've made a couple of purchases recently, and the tracking tickets have all been raised on time. I've also had some purchases awarded to me, while others are still pending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I wouldn't necessarily read too much into that - corporate restructuring & consolidation is quite frequent and older companies are therefore disssolved. The fact that both companies were dissolved about the same time suggests some corporate activity.

However, this is all speculation on my part, and you'd have to read the articles of dissolution to know more.

Kamzam Ltd is registered in the UK, and appears to be OK, according to the UK Companies House.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭fletch

I am going to book a holiday with lowcostholidays but am just unsure how the cashback works for them. I will be booking a flight and hotel. The site advises
    6.00% Cashback on Hotel bookings
    €20.00 Cashback on Flight & Hotel package bookings
    1.00% Cashback on Flight bookings
    So if I book the Flight and Hotel separately, I will get 1% back on the flight and 6% back on the hotel. This gives me €72 back. However if I book them together I only get €20 back. :confused: Or am I reading this wrong, do I get the €72 + €20?
    I would contact fatcheese however I know how long they take to reply to tickets and would like to go on holidays this year!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Its unlikely you will get the cashback, so I wouldn't give it much thought.

Tinie wrote: »
    Its unlikely you will get the cashback, so I wouldn't give it much thought.
    :) Thanks although I have been pretty successful so far at getting my cashback.

Me too, but in the last 6 months, nothing tracks, no replys to emails/tickets, and no payments either.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

Me too, but in the last 6 months, nothing tracks, no replys to emails/tickets, and no payments either.[/QUOTE

I withdrew cash to Paypal on 14 January and it is still pending payment. Up to this they have always paid promptly so I don't think it bodes well.

Pity if they go as was easy money.

Janey Mack wrote: »

I withdrew cash to Paypal on 14 January and it is still pending payment. Up to this they have always paid promptly so I don't think it bodes well.

Pity if they go as was easy money.
    Certainly doesn't....gona try withdraw all my money now and see if it works

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Im nearly a year trying to get money back off them, 200 quid...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

fletch wrote: »
    I am going to book a holiday with lowcostholidays but am just unsure how the cashback works for them. I will be booking a flight and hotel. The site advises

So if I book the Flight and Hotel separately, I will get 1% back on the flight and 6% back on the hotel. This gives me €72 back. However if I book them together I only get €20 back. :confused: Or am I reading this wrong, do I get the €72 + €20?
    I would contact fatcheese however I know how long they take to reply to tickets and would like to go on holidays this year!

Funnily enough, the last time I used Fatcheese.ie it was to book a holiday on lowcostholidays.ie.

Even though my "click" registered, my "click through" didn't. So there's nothing due to be paid to me. Of course, my ticket is still sitting there, pending...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

fletch wrote: »

You'll be lucky if you ever get a reply. I submitted a ticket on 4th January, its still not answered.

pbarr wrote: »
    You'll be lucky if you ever get a reply. I submitted a ticket on 4th January, its still not answered.

Try October 3rd 2012. And I sent multiple replies during that time to the ticket, but to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

I have €15 pending with them for the past month and tbh I don't give that much hope either. I don't think I'll be bothered using them again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Try October 3rd 2012. And I sent multiple replies during that time to the ticket, but to no avail.

Try June 22, 2012... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Rew wrote: »
    Try June 22, 2012... :mad:

Try April 2012........I see a pattern emerging here.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 deeaunty

I'm owed €159 from a hotels.com transaction since Nov 2011:mad:

I have received over €100 in the last six months (came in handy at Christmas) and am due another €150 through UPC and Expedia so I still have my fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭smree

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Try April 2012........I see a pattern emerging here.

Yikes and I thought I was waiting a long time from November 5th for an answer to a ticket as 2 withdrawals haven't gone through

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Whats the latest date anyone has got money back from them , got payment oct 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 30 deeaunty

skydish79 wrote: »
    Whats the latest date anyone has got money back from them , got payment oct 2012

I got a payment in middle of December 2012

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

got cashback in mid dec but anything else (have few lots) since then i have 'withdrawn' but they havent gotten to my paypal:(
    is this company bust? no emails/twitter updates in ages.....how can we find out?

Advertisement