Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatcheese.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Fatcheese seem to have stopped responding to customers' payment requests. They ignore emails, tickets, and claims on their website and their online chat service has been turned off for months. However they are still taking/referring orders as though they were still in business. This could be seen as fraudulent behaviour.

This is a public call to Fatcheese to confirm that they will pay monies due to customers.

If they fail to do so, are people interested in taking a mass-action claim or series of claims in the courts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There is no class action law suit in Irish law, so forget it. If you have a case then take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

As said above, there is no such thing as a class action under Irish law.

Threads merged.

dudara

I said mass action not class action.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Fatcheese seem to have stopped responding to customers' payment requests. They ignore emails, tickets, and claims on their website and their online chat service has been turned off for months. ?

This is true. They now seem to have decided not to reply to ANY queries. Yet their Facebook page trumpets their success at a recent awards......

• Advertisement

I said mass action not class action.

Which also doesn't exist.

Let's not go off on a tangent about legal procedure.

First let's hear from Fatcheese...

Well, you're not going to hear from them here. You need to put your own case to them, in writing first. List all monies owed to you by them, and demand that they pay them without delay. Give them some time to respond (10 to 14 days would be the norm).

If they don't respond, take a small claims case for your money, if that's actually possible. I'm not sure because small claims cannot be used in respect of a debt, which this could be seen as. If so, you'll need a solicitor, which maybe end up costing more than you're owed.

In any event, grouping together is probably not going to get you anywhere, except that you'll know you're not alone. You already know this though, as there's been plenty of people saying the same thing; owed money and not getting paid.

jor el wrote: »
    Well, you're not going to hear from them here.
    Let's let Fatcheese decide that ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I received a pay out from Fatcheese in October for a Sky sub taken out in July. The estimated date was always October

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

It took 8 months to award my bookdepository purchase.

It took 10 months for my Vodafone purchase to switch to verified, so I figure another month or two. If it comes through that's likely to be a year for payment.

I have 2 other claims pending since March.

To be fair to Fatcheese, it could be that it's not so much that they are holding money, or failing to act on claims. It could be that the vendors are dragging out payments as much as possible. In reality Fatcheese should say that payment may take 6 months to a year... Of course in that scenario most people will figure that's so far in the future it's not worth bothering with...

Ix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I just got a payment from fatcheese for hotels.com.

I raised two tickets looking for this money and it seems that hotels.com were dragging their heels paying up. They replied to me about a fortnight ago to say is looks like its sorted.

I don't think there is any point in blaming Fatcheese. When they get the money, we get the money.

Maybe a shot at hotels.com or whoever, may give them a giddeee up.

Just re-read the last two pages. has anyone else noticed hotels.com / hotels.ie seems to be popping up again and again and again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Have receieved all my payments on time except for Superquinn movies, which is outstanding for five months.

ixtlan wrote: »
    To be fair to Fatcheese, it could be that it's not so much that they are holding money, or failing to act on claims. It could be that the vendors are dragging out payments as much as possible. In reality Fatcheese should say that payment may take 6 months to a year... Of course in that scenario most people will figure that's so far in the future it's not worth bothering with...

Ix.
    I raised two tickets looking for this money and it seems that hotels.com were dragging their heels paying up. They replied to me about a fortnight ago to say is looks like its sorted.

I don't think there is any point in blaming Fatcheese. When they get the money, we get the money.
    ?

That's all well and good - but there's no reason for Fatcheese to ignore any and all attempts to contact them (as far as I can see). That's just bad business.

Very true, but they may just have a pain in their proverbials with the same complaints again and again.

If its out of their control there aint much they can do except wait.

Very true, but they may just have a pain in their proverbials with the same complaints again and again.

Meh. I raised a ticket with them three weeks ago re an 'unusual' issue - i.e. not 'when will I get paid'. No response. I have 'bumped' another ticket eight times in the last three months. No response....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Rubbish. That's not how to conduct yourself in a business setting.

If they are having trouble getting money from others then they could send a broadcast to all members or something along those lines.

Or even have a Auto reply explaining their situation.

From my experience

When I make a purchase via their referrals, my Fatcheese account has generally always been credited with the promised amount within the given timeframe. The only exception to this has been a purchase with Hotels.com. I had to open a claim for this purchase and it is still pending. Reading other peoples' responses, it would appears that Hotels.com is a common link.

With regard to withdrawing the funds from my Fatcheese account - I requested a withdrawal to my bank account at the end of last week, and it was paid into my bank account this morning.

Overall, I have no complaints - except with the non-communication on my claim for Hotels.com

• Registered Users Posts: 26,337 ✭✭✭✭noodler

dudara wrote: »
    From my experience

When I make a purchase via their referrals, my Fatcheese account has generally always been credited with the promised amount within the given timeframe. The only exception to this has been a purchase with Hotels.com. I had to open a claim for this purchase and it is still pending. Reading other peoples' responses, it would appears that Hotels.com is a common link.

With regard to withdrawing the funds from my Fatcheese account - I requested a withdrawal to my bank account at the end of last week, and it was paid into my bank account this morning.

Overall, I have no complaints - except with the non-communication on my claim for Hotels.com

Silly question maybe?

Is there any danger giving them your bank account details?

(More of a general question here by the way - not specifically suspicious of FatCheese).

dudara wrote: »
    From my experience

Hotels.com again eh? Just as I thought, there must be an issue with them paying up.

I can only imagine the amount of complaints fatcheese must be getting about them. Have they got the manpower to answer them all.

I can only speculate after replying to the first load with the same answer, they just got a pain in the backside. Not condoning it, just pointing out the obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've had problems getting cashback from hotels.com and ASOS. Everything that was due to me was paid this week though so they seem to be doing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I've had problems getting cashback from hotels.com and ASOS. Everything that was due to me was paid this week though so they seem to be doing something.
    I also had my ASOS payments paid to me this week.

Fat Cheese sent me an eCheque this morning for the payments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I opened about four claims I had with them about money I was due two months ago and got €200 out of them last month.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I also had my ASOS payments paid to me this week.

Fat Cheese sent me an eCheque this morning for the payments.

I'm waiting for an eCheque to finalise as well. It's a bit strange because previous payments were made in the normal paypal fashion and the execution take way less time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

They just paid me for a hotels.com booking I had during july. So they're starting to come through, albeit very slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

I've a problem with Fatcheese too. They had no trouble when I was doing shopping, but when I ordered a withdraw, they have flagged my account. They sent me an email requesting utility bill to confirm my address and personal data. Funny enough I've already done withdraws before. I've sent requested utility bill (TWICE), last time a month ago. And what? NOTHING. Account is still flagged, I can do shopping, but I can't withdraw any money. Nobody would answer my claims, tickets or emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

... and have so far refused to confirm that they will honour all payments due to customers.
    Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

PeterDuggan,

Please don't bump old Fatcheese threads with this.

Posting it in the correct forum (Consumer Issues) once will suffice!

PeterDuggan Please keep all Fatcheese.ie related posts in this thread.

Right now, you appear to be on a vendetta against a business, that to all intents and purposes, appears to be dealing (albeit slowly in some cases) with customer issues.

Rather than posting on an internet forum, you would be better off using registered post, or alternatively, actual face to face contact to resolve your issues.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

Anyone else used this website and had problems with payments?

Im with them a good while now and have recieved some money from them for items Ive bought in the past from third party websites which I clicked through their site to get too which is what the sites all about to get some money back on sales you have made through clicking through their website. It seems if you make more than one transaction on one day only one transaction will by tracked through their website.

They have a tab you can click on to open a case for them to investigate when you give all the details, but I have done this and created a case about a few months ago and Ive never once received a response! Ive lost about €100 in money back due to the site not working correctly :mad:

Advertisement