Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatcheese.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Theres already a fatcheese thread that has become full of similar stories. Ill never go near them again

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

theteal wrote: »
    Theres already a fatcheese thread that has become full of similar stories. Ill never go near them again

Ahh dam, I can never find these other threads.... can you post the link on this please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭fletch

I logged two claims and a ticket with Fatcheese back in January yet I still haven't received any feedback from them...anyone know how long they generally take to get back to queries?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

i logged one is september. . .good thing i didn't hold my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

You will hear back re the claims when you hear - could take a while! They do not answer customer "service" tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Still waiting since last May:(

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ciaran_

Jarren wrote: »
    Still waiting since last May:(

Me too and there still "investigating":confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged.

Based on what I've read with Fatcheese, tickets relating to some suppliers take longer. I've had a ticket open about a Hotels.com purchase for ages. Yet all my Pigsback and Groupon tickets are paid promptly, no issues.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Just for anyone still waiting on their monies for Hotel.com - I got my cashback this morning for a holiday that was in late September.

Wooooo!!
    :D

Patience is key here methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

dudara wrote: »
    Right now, you appear to be on a vendetta against a business, that to all intents and purposes, appears to be dealing (albeit slowly in some cases) with customer issues.

No-one is "on a vendetta". That's a completely unreasonable allegation. Nor is it accurate to suggest that the company is dealing with customer issues properly. There are many reports to the contrary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

I've had good experience - one early refund and all moneys due from the Christmas shop have arrived back to my credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Some claims are fast, some are slow. Its basically money for free so while its a little annoying people should just see the cashback as a bonus. I have numerous claims(mainly hotel stays) take over 6 months to credit. I had three claims in since November, didn't recieve any communication from them even sending them messages on FB. They were credited in Feb.

On a good note, there was a number of purchases I made over christmas that I had cancelled/returned and still got the cash back from them.

I suppose people would think that it should be as efficient as the likes of Quidco, but the customer base here is so small compared to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I've had good experiences with them. The cashback does take a while but I always treat fatcheese as an optional extra - if I'm already booking through hotels.com then I'll use fatcheese as well. No one should think that fatcheese OWES them money (just my opinion)

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

+1 here for fatcheese for me...
    Had 8 cashbacks from them
    One (Pixmania) never tracked... but after a query was traked a few weeks later.... As others have posted... its free money... not guaranteed money...

And they have never let me down.... do personally i highly recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

lizt wrote: »
    No one should think that fatcheese OWES them money (just my opinion)

Why not. Considering you sign up and use their site because it offers cash back on purchases. Fatcheese is making money on your clicks and purchases. Quite confused by your comment. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I had no problems with fatcheese in the past but placed a few rather large orders recently using it. Fatcheese wouldn't give me the money until I sent copies of my bills, which I did...now they aren't replying to me at all! It's been well over 2 weeks.

I should also mention that the transactions have been "awarded" so fatcheese have gotten paid for them.

If the transactions have status "Awarded" then I think that the money is credited to your account. So it is there for you to withdraw whenever you want.

I am aware of that, but I tried to withdraw it the day after it was awarded and they asked for copies of bank statements (I assume because it was a larger sum than usual) which I submitted and have been ignored since. The request to withdraw it is still there and still says pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Xcellor wrote: »
    Why not. Considering you sign up and use their site because it offers cash back on purchases. Fatcheese is making money on your clicks and purchases. Quite confused by your comment. :confused::confused:

Because you're not paying fatcheese anything - it's completely free to sign up. You're making a purchase and they are giving you a bonus for using their website to click through to another website to make the purchase.

I know the whole purpose of the website is to give you cashback on your purchases but I'd view it as a bonus when you make your purchase.

• Advertisement

dee. wrote: »
    I am aware of that, but I tried to withdraw it the day after it was awarded and they asked for copies of bank statements (I assume because it was a larger sum than usual) which I submitted and have been ignored since. The request to withdraw it is still there and still says pending.

That is weird? Perhaps something to do with money-laundering. Can't imagine why they'd want copies of your bank statements.

dudara wrote: »
    That is weird? Perhaps something to do with money-laundering. Can't imagine why they'd want copies of your bank statements.

I googled it and it happened someone else too. The original email came from fatcheese.co.uk and then I emailed the statements to them and got a reply from the .ie site saying they received them....but I'm still waiting for the money :/ sent them an email asking for them to send the money I've been awarded because I've requested it weeks ago, hopefully they'll reply. My comment on Facebook was deleted. Very sketchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

lizt wrote: »
    Because you're not paying fatcheese anything - it's completely free to sign up. You're making a purchase and they are giving you a bonus for using their website to click through to another website to make the purchase.

I know the whole purpose of the website is to give you cashback on your purchases but I'd view it as a bonus when you make your purchase.

Fatcheese get money for click throughs and conversions. By buying through their website you are actually "giving them money" albeit through a third party.

If Fatcheese don't payout then they are actually making more money...

I'm still waiting for an investigation to missing click through purchase that I raised in January...

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

Xcellor wrote: »
    Fatcheese get money for click throughs and conversions. By buying through their website you are actually "giving them money" albeit through a third party.

If Fatcheese don't payout then they are actually making more money...

I'm still waiting for an investigation to missing click through purchase that I raised in January...

Dont be in any rush because I put a claim on September 26, 2011 and im still waiting!

Does anyone know the relevant people to report this company to? I have been emailing them every day and no response. They have my bank statement (which they confirmed they received) so have no reason to be withholding my money. The request to withdraw it to my bank account still says pending (since feb 18th) I really don't think they are going to pay out, the fact that the transactions says "awarded" means they have been paid by the company.

Have you tried to ring them or contact them via means other than email?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Does anyone know the relevant people to report this company to? I have been emailing them every day and no response. They have my bank statement (which they confirmed they received) so have no reason to be withholding my money. The request to withdraw it to my bank account still says pending (since feb 18th) I really don't think they are going to pay out, the fact that the transactions says "awarded" means they have been paid by the company.

I waited months for them to pay me, never sent them an email or anything just waited but they paid in the end so i wouldn't worry...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

They do not respond to customer service tickets - EVER! - so there is no point in submitting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

I've found contacting the retailer very effective. Fatcheese don't like it but they can't object if they've been ignoring you.

Some people have also had success with the Small Claims Court. You fill out a small form to apply, naming both Fatcheese and the retailer. You should "exhaust" all means of communications including email, FC tickets, claims, phone, fax (?) and registered letter. You can claim your time and any other costs as an expense. The likelihood is you will be contacted by FC with an offer before it comes to court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Does anyone know what the story is with Fatcheese these days?

I know the website is still working, but are they now defunct? Are they still paying out? Answering tickets?

I'm gonna be booking my hols over the next few days, wonder if I should even bother with Fatcheese as it looks like I may never get the money.

Their Facebook page hasn't been updated since Jan 5th... :(

Advertisement