Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatcheese.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I got my payment from fatcheese for hotels.com on 11th march. I made the reservation and stayed in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

They won't give me my money until I send them the invoices I received with the orders which were made months ago...even though they've been "approved". I dump all packaging when I decide to keep the item. I think its strange that they won't pay out when the retailer has approved the transaction and paid fatcheese for it! Thinking about small claims court.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

dee. wrote: »
    They won't give me my money until I send them the invoices I received with the orders which were made months ago...even though they've been "approved". I dump all packaging when I decide to keep the item. I think its strange that they won't pay out when the retailer has approved the transaction and paid fatcheese for it! Thinking about small claims court.

Why ?

You aren't any worse off than if you hadn't used them.

parsi wrote: »
    Why ?

You aren't any worse off than if you hadn't used them.

I made quite a large order that I probably wouldn't have done if I wasn't getting 7% back. And even if that wasn't the case, it seems like fraud if they're claiming to give cash back to users but not actually paying out even though the companies have paid them. If it was €5 or €10 I wouldn't be bothered but it's quite a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Just got 10 cashback from them today as well. I personally have had no problems with them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Myself and my boyfriend booked a hotel in London in February using Expedia, though we went through Fat Cheese and so far the payment has not shown up on my boyfriends Fat Cheese account.

Anyone have any other problems?

Myself and my boyfriend booked a hotel in London in February using Expedia, though we went through Fat Cheese and so far the payment has not shown up on my boyfriends Fat Cheese account.

Anyone have any other problems?

This happened me with booking.com last year, I waited a few weeks and it didn't show up so I submitted a claim. Took them a few months to approve it but they did in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

dee. wrote: »
    I made quite a large order that I probably wouldn't have done if I wasn't getting 7% back. And even if that wasn't the case, it seems like fraud if they're claiming to give cash back to users but not actually paying out even though the companies have paid them. If it was €5 or €10 I wouldn't be bothered but it's quite a bit more.

It does state on the Fatcheese site, to not place any orders for goods that you wouldn't do if you were not to get the Cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dareden

I reckon hang in there, you have to play the long game with this website. But at the same time they are giving us money for doing nothing. We would have made these purchases regardless. Brilliant idea! And we can only win. I must have got over €100 in the past year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭fletch

Wo...I actually got a reply to two claims so now they are pending cashback...was really starting to give up hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

fletch wrote: »
    Wo...I actually got a reply to two claims so now they are pending cashback...was really starting to give up hope.

Your post reminded to go check a claim that I had open. Same story for me - I made a claim for Hotels.com in Nov 2011, and it's just moved to pending. That's €40 for me. Fair play to Fatcheese

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Awh theres 8% cashback on purchases with Grab One. Wished i had checked Fatcheese before i bought!!

I see that the cashback for Just-Eat is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

How long does it take to get the cash back, this is my first time using them? I ordered a phone on O2 thru fatcheese on 1st March and its still pending payment of €15 on fatcheese. How do they actually get paid, I never inout paypal details when signing up so how exactly do they get the money to you:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

fletch wrote: »
    dudara wrote: »
    Your post reminded to go check a claim that I had open. Same story for me - I made a claim for Hotels.com in Nov 2011, and it's just moved to pending. That's €40 for me. Fair play to Fatcheese

i too was inspired by fletch's post to check on a claim that i've had since august and WHOA :eek:, i have a reply looking for more details received at the end of february (i had long since given up on it). i wonder how long it will take to actually come to resolution

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

livEwirE wrote: »
    How long does it take to get the cash back, this is my first time using them? I ordered a phone on O2 thru fatcheese on 1st March and its still pending payment of €15 on fatcheese. How do they actually get paid, I never inout paypal details when signing up so how exactly do they get the money to you:confused:

It all depends, smaller amounts tend to go through quicker. You will be lucky if you get the money within the next month i think. Keep an eye on it though, the money will arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

livEwirE wrote: »

When you go to take out the money, you have the option of sending it to your bank account, paypal or give it to charity. You input the details at the withdrawal stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Thanks for the answers guys:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dmannix

Hiya folks.

Fatcheese is a grea site and a great idea BUT.........don't be in a rush o get you refund. Normally takes a few months. relax....... chill .........
    it will urn up eventually. Each site has a link which tells you the average time it takes for your refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Hey Folks,

I have two pending Hotels.com tickets...one from Jan 2012 and another from August 2011. Both say "following stay" as estimate payment date. What is the best way of chasing them about this?

From what I have read in the thread they don't seem to respond to tickets is that correct?

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Hey Folks,

I have two pending Hotels.com tickets...one from Jan 2012 and another from August 2011. Both say "following stay" as estimate payment date. What is the best way of chasing them about this?

From what I have read in the thread they don't seem to respond to tickets is that correct?

They have a new system they are piloting so things should get better in claims.
    The hotels.com transactions are extremely slow coming through, I was waiting six months after I stayed for my cash back. Raise a ticket and just leave it with them...they do pay out.
    I've had a few small ones come through from tickets I've raised only in the last few weeks, was waiting months for an answer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Just a quick update - this new claims system is deadly, I've gotten all but one claim through in the last few weeks. All small amounts, but it's 30 quid I didn't have beforehand :D

Patience is definitely key, but these guys do pay out and this new claims system works!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I have 9 refunds pending going back to purchases made in September 2011. I sent a query in March this year about it but got no response. I've just submitted another claim so fingers crossed someone gets back to me this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭johnire

Just wondering if anyone is having any issues with their Fatcheese account.

I joined them nearly two years ago and I've noticed in the last few months that their Customer Service has got so bad.
    I have loads of transactions that have never been credited and recently 2 transactions for fairly large amounts haven't even tracked to my account at all.
    I've been emailing them every week but am getting no response. On top of that I applied to withdraw by EFT the small amount of money that had built up but it still hasnt reached my bank account.
    It's very frustrating as apart from these emails I am sending which appear to be ignored there is no other way to contact them.
    Thanks!

Merged into larger Fatcheese thread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I thought I paid the 25c surcharge to have a withdrawal transferred immediately to my Bank account on November 22 but only received it today. They didn't take the surcharge so I suppose they just put it in with their twice monthly payments by mistake.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

In fairness to Fatcheese, they seem a lot better lately. After the purchase of whatever, you get a email to confirm the transaction from fatcheese. The longest wait at the minute for me is a transaction on Nov 5 so thats a lot better than 8 or 9 months like it used to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Happy Anniversary to me - over 1 year since booking a Hotels.com stay in Chicago.

Stay was completed Dec 15th, 2011.

2 Tickets raised & not a peep outta them.

Fatcheese.jpg

Hotels.com appear to be very slow in paying the money to Fatcheese. I had to wait about 5 months for money from a stay in NY. All my other tickets are awarded much quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭johnire

As a matter of interest is this transaction pending for you?
    I have a situation with two hotel bookings with Engrande.ie that haven't even registered on my account.
    All other transactions are just sitting pending on my account.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Happy Anniversary to me - over 1 year since booking a Hotels.com stay in Chicago.

Stay was completed Dec 15th, 2011.

2 Tickets raised & not a peep outta them.

Fatcheese.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

dudara wrote: »
    Hotels.com appear to be very slow in paying the money to Fatcheese. I had to wait about 5 months for money from a stay in NY. All my other tickets are awarded much quicker.

It certainly shouldn't be beyond them though to automate an email periodically, communicating the broad reasons a delay may occur in processing payment and reassuring customers they haven't been forgotten.
    johnire wrote: »
    As a matter of interest is this transaction pending for you?
    I have a situation with two hotel bookings with Engrande.ie that haven't even registered on my account.
    All other transactions are just sitting pending on my account.

Yep, still pending.

I'd say raise a ticket, but it appears to me a deliberate policy to put themselves beyond contact via their ticketing system. Pretty shoddy way to go about your business imo.

Advertisement