Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatcheese.ie

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Just got this email...
    Dear Member,

As you will be all too aware the service we at Fatcheese have provided you over the last few months has not been acceptable. Quite simply we have let you and ourselves down and I would like to take the opportunity to firstly apologise for the delay in sending out this message, and secondly to ask you to please accept our most sincere apologies for the difficulties and inconvenience this has caused.

At Fatcheese, we strive for the perfection of our service and ensuring the satisfaction of our members. Unfortunately, due to several problems we have encountered, a number of issues you have been experiencing slipped through process. We guarantee that we will not let this problem persist.

Fatcheese makes no money from transactions made on the site - we pass on all commission that is paid to us back to you. This is why there is a delay between you making the transaction and us paying you as we simply can't award cashback until we have received the payment ourselves. The site was set up to help people during this economic downturn and not for any other reason - we simply wanted to help others. Last year the site grew very quickly and for us to cope with the influx of tickets/claims we outsourced the customer service side where we thought we'd be providing our members with a much better user experience.

This back fired. The service we used simply wasn't doing the job we wanted of them. Unfortunately due to a number personal issues I did not pick up on these problems when I should have and for that I apologise once more. To ensure that this does not happen again, we are moving all services back to the in-house team to return us to the high-level of quality and service our customers deserve.

To compound matters further, over the last few weeks we've experienced issues with our bank where payments we have processed have not gone through. I've been advised that this issue will be resolved next week and all payments will be processed as soon as possible.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to contact me directly at complaints@fatcheese.ie. Please note I may not be able to reply to you instantly as my main aim is to resolve all outstanding issues and get the site to back to where it should be.

You are an important and crucial member of the Fatcheese family and we value your service. As such we'd like to invite a select number of members to test out a brand new design and system. Something that will make the site easier to use and also stop issues arising again. If you'd be interested in doing so please could you send an email to tester@fatcheese.ie.

Please allow us a little time to get back up-to-date with any outstanding tickets and claims. I personally guarantee these issues will be resolved.

My sincere apologies once again.

Kindest regards,

Ahmed
    Fatcheese Co-Founder

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Tinie wrote: »
    Just got this email...

Maybe the IS hope after all?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

What I will say is Ahmed isn't doing it for free, he is running a business. His email comes across as if he is doing us a favour.

Anyway I haven't had many complaints apart from the past few weeks payments not being made etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Fatcheese still very, very slow, have several pending transactions from last year. All tickets remain unanswered. Terrible service.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Tinie wrote: »
    Just got this email...

Thanks for sharing.

Let me preface this rant by saying I'm sure there are many who've experienced no issues with this particular company, and have therefore had no need to utilise the ticketing system.

I suppose any communication from them is to be welcomed, though their credibility deficit discussed on these pages and elsewhere is entirely of their own making and won't be easily cast off.

As for the substance of the email, making mention of 'personal issues' in a public communique, whilst also passing the buck to a third-party for failures to effectively communicate to customers, strikes me as in keeping with a demonstrably unprofessional approach to doing business.

Either Fatcheese were oblivious to the fact there was a huge issue with this third-party's negligence adversely impacting their own operation, or they were aware, but chose to do nothing to put it right for month after month. We only have Fatcheese's word that customer service functions were outsourced btw. I wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt on that one tbh, as I don't think their conduct to date warrants it.

I'd imagine the operators of Fatcheese are well aware of the sentiments expressed on Boards.ie & they could do a lot worse than coming on and directly addressing the frustrations and concerns expressed by customers who availed of their service in good faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 gismoet

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing.

Let me preface this rant by saying I'm sure there are many who've experienced no issues with this particular company, and have therefore had no need to utilise the ticketing system.

I suppose any communication from them is to be welcomed, though their credibility deficit discussed on these pages and elsewhere is entirely of their own making and won't be easily cast off.

As for the substance of the email, making mention of 'personal issues' in a public communique, whilst also passing the buck to a third-party for failures to effectively communicate to customers, strikes me as in keeping with a demonstrably unprofessional approach to doing business.

Either Fatcheese were oblivious to the fact there was a huge issue with this third-party's negligence adversely impacting their own operation, or they were aware, but chose to do nothing to put it right for month after month. We only have Fatcheese's word that customer service functions were outsourced btw. I wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt on that one tbh, as I don't think their conduct to date warrants it.

I'd imagine the operators of Fatcheese are well aware of the sentiments expressed on Boards.ie & they could do a lot worse than coming on and directly addressing the frustrations and concerns expressed by customers who availed of their service in good faith.
    well said. Email on thursday 25th April stating all payments would be made within 72 hours. And still I wait and wait. I am done with this company.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

the €1.97 I withdrew on 22/02 has finally made it into my Paypal account. I'M RICH!

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

gismoet wrote: »
    well said. Email on thursday 25th April stating all payments would be made within 72 hours. And still I wait and wait. I am done with this company.

But there was a weekend in the middle of that..payments tend to stop over weekends.

I really don't understand why everyone is so annoyed at the company, they have admitted things went wrong they are now trying to fix it.
    Give them a break. ..none of us were ripped off by them as we haven't lost any money, it was a perk to us for using sites and buying things we probably would have used and bought regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Update; Checked my bank balance this morning and I've received a payment of €30 from Fatcheese. :)

Craft ales section of Tesco here I come!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Anyone have any reply to tickets? Or have new payments showing/tracking on their accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Anyone have any reply to tickets? Or have new payments showing/tracking on their accounts?

No reply to ticket submitted in April last year, or the two claims I submitted in Dec/Jan of this year.

Still waiting on withdrawal to my PayPal account requested on 23rd March.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

But there was a weekend in the middle of that..payments tend to stop over weekends.

.......and over a week later I'm still waiting for a withdrawal from 25th Feb to hit my account. 72hrs me hole.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Some cashback added today

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Davy wrote: »
    Some cashback added today

Ditto here - no movement since February, and then some came through yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

got a response to a ticket today - all still pending though, but a response to my requests at least

So my UPC transaction is now pending. Hopefully the cashback comes through soon, although by looking at the UPC page on FT they only received payments today from UPC for transactions in Dec, so I could be waiting a while yet.

Nothing on my tickets or other transactions yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 deeaunty

So my UPC transaction is now pending. Hopefully the cashback comes through soon, although by looking at the UPC page on FT they only received payments today from UPC for transactions in Dec, so I could be waiting a while yet.

Nothing on my tickets or other transactions yet though.

My UPC transaction cleared today - YAY!!
    Mine was installed in November so was expecting payment last month but delighted it has come through.

Now if only my Hotels.com payment from September 2011 would clear I'd be very happy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Oh, I got a few more euro today! That's nice :)

efax and dealrush from oct 2012 still pending

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

yeah got some cashback from living social and groupon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I also had cashback for several transactions awarded today, some dating back to last September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭BabyBirch

€43 from Booking.com from last October went through today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

My account was not recognised. Have sent 2 emails and a ticket and no response (and can't find ticket).

Have emailed the email listed above. Hope I hear from them. Not impressed as they owe me money that never transferred.

Sue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Got some cashback today, and on the 10th.

I've withdrawn it all now via paypal, anyone know how long it will take?
    Lemme know if you's get anything, thanks!

My UPC transaction is still pending, and will be for a while yet, I'd imagine.

From the UPC page on Fat Cheese.
    UPC STATISTICS...
    Tracking reliability: 99%
    Tracking speed: 14 Days
    Payment speed: 150 Days
    once the system has been installed

Last payment received on 10 May for installations made before 22 Dec

I posted a response to all my tickets back in March, all my responses are now showing up, however Fat Cheese have not replied themselves to any of my tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

My UPC credit (112 quid, wahey) came through on that batch. Pushed it and the few cents from other things out via expedited bank transfer, lets see how long that actually takes.

Difficult to fault the service if it does eventually work as it is effectively money I would otherwise not have got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

got an email from viator today saying they aren't affiliated with fatcheese but they are one of the companies listed on their website???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

MYOB wrote: »
    My UPC credit (112 quid, wahey) came through on that batch. Pushed it and the few cents from other things out via expedited bank transfer, lets see how long that actually takes.

Difficult to fault the service if it does eventually work as it is effectively money I would otherwise not have got.

Any update on that?

Still waiting from them to process my paypal withdrawal too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Any update on that?

Still waiting from them to process my paypal withdrawal too...

And mine-almost two weeks now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nothing yet. Expedited my arse, it seems.

Advertisement