Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More proof of Healy Rae gombeenism

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭The IRgAy

Why has the honourable member for South Kerry not been forced to tender his resignation over this matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,524 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The IRgAy wrote: »
    Why has the honourable member for South Kerry not been forced to tender his resignation over this matter?

For the same reasons as BOH, JOD, IC and countless others before them..........
    This whole "scandal" has been forgotten about already in the mainstream media. I'm not sure if theres' even an investigation going on into it anymore either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

kippy wrote: »
    For the same reasons as BOH, JOD, IC and countless others before them..........
    This whole "scandal" has been forgotten about already in the mainstream media. I'm not sure if theres' even an investigation going on into it anymore either.
    i suppose that since he paid the bill, he has paid his dues, nothing more to it, it will all be forgotton next week,

goat2 wrote: »
    i suppose that since he paid the bill, he has paid his dues, nothing more to it, it will all be forgotton next week,

Well, that's what has worked in the past in these cases. Despite strong evidence of lawbreaking having taken place, no one with the authority ever investigates let alone prosecutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Has he paid the bill? or just said he will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

we dont need any proof that the pair of them are gombeens, take one look at them.!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Turkana

Why wasn't he prosecuted?

Turkana wrote: »

He hasnt even been investigated.........thats why.......

He hasnt even been investigated.........thats why.......
    shure there was no need of an investigation, all they had to do was look at the itemised phone bill, they only had to follow the one number, and came up with the lot, it was easy find, paper trail

shure there was no need of an investigation, all they had to do was look at the itemised phone bill, they only had to follow the one number, and came up with the lot, it was easy find, paper trail

No, there is a need for a proper criminal investigation, otherwise one cannot prosecute a criminal case.

• Advertisement

if that is the case, that it is a criminal matter, it will not be healy ray, it will be the people who made the calls, there is only one at this moment admitting to doing it, there must be others, but healy rae was out in the wilds at the times the calls were made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

I dont believe using the dail phone facilities inappropritely is an illegal act.

Two completely different matters.
    I am amazed that you cannot see that...........
    They are separate issues but the principle is the same.
    I am amazed that you cannot see that ! :confused::rolleyes:

anymore wrote: »
    They are separate issues but the principle is the same.
    I am amazed that you cannot see that ! :confused::rolleyes:

Principle is completely different.......as are the issues.

he paid the bill, a bill he did not ring up, and anyway what would an investigation do, like many more investigations in the past, waste of money which the taxpayer would be once again stumping up for and no answers, bill paid, alls well that ends well

The irish Indo is reporting today that Jackie Healy Rae sat through less than half of the meetings of thE Dail Committee he was chairman of and for which he was paid an additional € 20,000 per year.
    It reports that of the "52 times between November 2007 and late 2010. Of the 52 meetings, Mr Healy-Rae chaired 25 fully, left 13 early and failed to turn up to a further 14."
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/healyrae-paid-euro20000-despite-poor-attendance-2818058.html
    That would suggest that he was paid € 20 k for the calendar years 2008 and 2009 and perhaps for a portion of 2007 and 2010 ? Anyone know if this is how the payments are calculated ?
    Perhaps as damaging is the second last paragraph which has a souce claiming that his only comments at meetings were from a script .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

anymore wrote: »
    The irish Indo is reporting today that Jackie Healy Rae sat through less than half of the meetings of thE Dail Committee he was chairman of and for which he was paid an additional € 20,000 per year.
    It reports that of the "52 times between November 2007 and late 2010. Of the 52 meetings, Mr Healy-Rae chaired 25 fully, left 13 early and failed to turn up to a further 14."
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/healyrae-paid-euro20000-despite-poor-attendance-2818058.html
    That would suggest that he was paid € 20 k for the calendar years 2008 and 2009 and perhaps for a portion of 2007 and 2010 ? Anyone know if this is how the payments are calculated ?
    Perhaps as damaging is the second last paragraph which has a souce claiming that his only comments at meetings were from a script .

incredible, why cannot payment be based on attendance?

he paid the bill, a bill he did not ring up, and anyway what would an investigation do, like many more investigations in the past, waste of money which the taxpayer would be once again stumping up for and no answers, bill paid, alls well that ends well

and roll on the next scam.........:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

bamboozle wrote: »
    incredible, why cannot payment be based on attendance?

from many newspaper reports these parasites sign in for meetings and leave straight away claiming full expenses, question is what qualifications does a professional county councillor/politician offer that makes them the most suitable for the quangos (while our freshest and best are off abroad) considering they live in a parallel universe

rasper wrote: »
    from many newspaper reports these parasites sign in for meetings and leave straight away claiming full expenses, question is what qualifications does a professional county councillor/politician offer that makes them the most suitable for the quangos (while our freshest and best are off abroad) considering they live in a parallel universe
    One of the primary functions of quangos is to operate as a system where politicans can dole out lucrative sinecures to their politicians and supporters.

• Advertisement

what then about someone who is an ex td, on td,s pension and is not appointed to coounty council, do they keep the big state pension and have a fine wage from council seat also, all at taxpayers expense, this i beleive also happened in kerry recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

The best way to deal with the likes of the Healy Raes is to laugh at them. We can’t get the money back so just laugh at them as Michael Healy Rae was laughed at in the Dáil this week when he brought up the phone hacking controversy. This clearly struck a nerve with him. So if they look like clowns, sound like clowns and behave like clowns just laugh at them!

juuge wrote: »
    The best way to deal with the likes of the Healy Raes is to laugh at them. We can’t get the money back so just laugh at them as Michael Healy Rae was laughed at in the Dáil this week when he brought up the phone hacking controversy. This clearly struck a nerve with him. So if they look like clowns, sound like clowns and behave like clowns just laugh at them!

Laughing solves nothing, nothing at all...... the guy and his ilk walked away from this almost unscathed. None of us would be any the wiser about it were it not for a "leak". I mean, did the dail public accounts committee even get wind of it in the first place? Nothing would have happened about this were it not for that "leak" - despite it being on the radar in certain quarters since 2007, where JHR was "queried" on it.
    What type of example does this set for ANYONE, not just politicians in this country?
    Doing wrong is acceptable so long as you don't get caught and if you do get caught, sure just pay the money back........
    Great example.

I tell ya one thing, if those are the standards we let our elected representatives hold then we are completely at fault for the quality, or lack thereof of them.

It's like me (or an agent acting on my behalf) deciding to walk into a shop and take 2.5K's worth of goods the running out the door.
    If anyone catches me sure I'll just pay if back (would that be the end of it). If not, whose any the wiser? But I tell you one thing, not matter which of the scenarios occur, there will be an investigation into - who tool the goods, where the goods are now and if it is found that I committed the time, I will be tried in front of a judge at the least and given a trial of some description.
    Thats a pretty extreme example but plenty people in this thread have given examples of theft (some very similiar to this) that take place in the workplace and what has happened the staff that were found to have perpetrated them.

I'm sick and tired of the amount of potentially, illegal, immoral and unethical behaviour that gets swept under the carpet in this country - between the Church (really really serious issues of course) and certain areas of the state, including politicians, public servants and indeed the senior bankers.
    The ordinary citizen is expect to live by the law of the land - not so for some of these people.

Okay, just spotted this. I know nothing of this guys past or criminal history, but obviously the Gardai felt the issue important enough to investigate and indeed the DPP found it important enough to prosecute. The investigations and the bringing of the man before the courts took less than two years. The man was found guilty and will be serving his time in jail.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0715/ganleyd.html
    There are probably better examples out there but I doubt the guy was given the option of paying back the worth of the trees........

has jackie taken over michaels seat in kerry co council,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Guy in Kerry has a useless greyhound so he decides to raffle him with tickets at €1 each and he sells 1000 tickets.
    A fella in Dublin has the winning ticket.He rings the owner and is told that the dog will be sent up on the train.
    Dublin guy meets the train but the dog is dead.
    He rings the Kerryman and tells him about the dog.
    Kerryman says,no problem send back the dog and I'll refund the euro.

Anyone we know I wonder ? :)

Vizzy wrote: »
    Guy in Kerry has a useless greyhound so he decides to raffle him with tickets at €1 each and he sells 1000 tickets.
    A fella in Dublin has the winning ticket.He rings the owner and is told that the dog will be sent up on the train.
    Dublin guy meets the train but the dog is dead.
    He rings the Kerryman and tells him about the dog.
    Kerryman says,no problem send back the dog and I'll refund the euro.

Anyone we know I wonder ? :)
    did this really happen, had not heard it, did the person get their money back

juuge wrote: »

and while we're at it, have a good laugh at the clowns in south kerry that voted for them in the first place,because they repair their potholes and cut their hedges,clowns of the highest order. hope some of them are reading.!!
    at least the people of Donegal have finally woken up, and got rid of the McDaid,Coughlan and Cope Gallagher mafia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

thebman wrote: »
    What seems like the most likely outcome of this is that an auto-dialer wasn't in use and that most likely, JHR sent a couple of emails and everyone used the phones in Leinster house to vote for MHR for the craic and did so, probably about 10-20 times each with some way higher I imagine such as JHR himself.

It would explain why MHR paying for it, draws a line under the issue somehow. Only to those involved....

It is becoming more and more clear that our politicians might as well still be in secondary school and have not grown up since they left.

They seem to have a warped mindset different to those that work for a living.

Just to add to this point, I find it highly suspicious that the Dail dress code was brought in so shortly after this Phone incident and also it was brought in primarily against a few independent TD's who weren't in the previous Dail when this incident happened that could have caused trouble and have a history of criticizing the government and previous government.

That certainly did help draw a line under this phone calls issue IMO...

thebman wrote: »
    Just to add to this point, I find it highly suspicious that the Dail dress code was brought in so shortly after this Phone incident and also it was brought in primarily against a few independent TD's who weren't in the previous Dail when this incident happened that could have caused trouble and have a history of criticizing the government and previous government.

That certainly did help draw a line under this phone calls issue IMO...
    Thats a fair point, like kids, the best way to keep the public quiet and make them forget about things is to distract them.
    I notice the dress code thing has been dropped now as well.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Vizzy

did this really happen, had not heard it, did the person get their money back

The guy got his euro back and the Kerryman pocketed €999 !!!:D

Its only a tall tale though

Advertisement