Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Took advantage of the sunshine and gave the car the most basic of washes possible! At the moment i just don't have the good stuff to use on her!
    Will be investing in some washing stuff soon, what would you recommend to get?
    I dont have time to spend hours on it, maybe an hour or two a week? Cheers! :)

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b476/podgemasterson/Audi%20A4%20S%20LINE/IMAG0208.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,523 ✭✭✭✭vectra

gollywog wrote: »
    Took advantage of the sunshine and gave the car the most basic of washes possible! At the moment i just don't have the good stuff to use on her!
    Will be investing in some washing stuff soon, what would you recommend to get?
    I dont have time to spend hours on it, maybe an hour or two a week? Cheers! :)

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b476/podgemasterson/Audi%20A4%20S%20LINE/IMAG0208.jpg[/IMG]

Nice looking car.

Personally if you are a bit on the lazy side and don't want to spend ages cleaning/waxing on a regular basis I would go with what I use on my car. ( white) apparently white/silver benefit from similar approaches.

steps

1) Wash & dry.

2) De-Tar.

3) Chemical Guys P40 cleaner polish

4) Wolf's Bodywrap

5) sit back for months and enjoy just washing it.

That was my system for the winter.

For now I am going to strip it back and re-do it with totally different products

vectra wrote: »
    Nice looking car.

Personally if you are a bit on the lazy side and don't want to spend ages cleaning/waxing on a regular basis I would go with what I use on my car. ( white) apparently white/silver benefit from similar approaches.

steps

1) Wash & dry.

2) De-Tar.

3) Chemical Guys P40 cleaner polish

4) Wolf's Bodywrap

5) sit back for months and enjoy just washing it.

That was my system for the winter.

For now I am going to strip it back and re-do it with totally different products

Cheers vectra :)
    Yes thats the sort of info i wanted thanks!
    Gonna look to see where i can get some of these products now.
    I'll try get as much from cleancar.ie seeing as there an irish company half an hour down the road from me, but failing that anywhere will do :)
    thanks again

Cheers vectra :)
    Yes thats the sort of info i wanted thanks!
    Gonna look to see where i can get some of these products now.
    I'll try get as much from cleancar.ie seeing as there an irish company half an hour down the road from me, but failing that anywhere will do :)
    thanks again

Yes,
    I actually forgot Cleancar was your neighbour.

That is where I got my P40 from.
    Here is what i would suggest for you to start off with,
    I also used this with fantastic results.

As above
    1) wash/dry
    2) de-tar
    3) Some say Clay at this point which IS of benefit BUT
    I skipped step 3 as my car was new and with the CG P40 it really is a cleaning polish so does a vety similar job in prepping your paint.
    Next up I used CG Blitz. >>> Brilliant stuff and easy as pie to use.

Larry will look after you there with those.
    You can top up with the Blitz after each ( weekly wash) for 2 or 3 weeks. Then it should last a long time for you. When it appears to dull a little just a wash and quick coat ( approx 15 mins ) of Blitz will shine it up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Sham Courtney

Bought these yesterday. Will get them refurbish soon and maybe paint them black or some other colour or diamond cut finish (possible with these?).

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab60/davidktk/IMAG0190-3.jpg
    http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab60/davidktk/IMAG0196-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Put in my heated seats today but since the switch is running to a relay and can't sense any draw from the heating pads it switches itself off. I must put a resistor between them soon to get them working. Ignore the mess.
    DSC_0263.JPG

And 2 more images of the interior.
    DSC_0261.JPG
    DSC_0262.JPG

The wires hanging out to the right of the heated seat switch are connected to a mediabridge 1500. I will make a proper connector for them soon. Like this one.
    Aux%2BInUSB.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Lads, the pictures are way too big, please resize them in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Think that might be to do with your resolution. They fit on my screen perfectly?

Sorry.
    How do you do that LM?

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    Think that might be to do with your resolution. They fit on my screen perfectly?
    Sorry.
    How do you do that LM?

Possibly.

out?f=47&url=aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZsaDQuZ29vZ2xldXNlcmNvbnRlbnQuY29tJTJGLS04cjVqVnh6NE1jJTJGVDdsZ3plelVWZkklMkZBQUFBQUFBQUJCcyUyRlpCMURManMwalNvJTJGczE0NjAlMkZEU0NfMDI1NS5KUEc=&h=c60c9

Will people "thank" this post if it fits fine, or give out if it doesn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

It's slightly wide maybe, but seems to be ok in general. (I'm on my work laptop so the res is lower than on my own Laptop, which I imagine would show that image as fine).

Just to possibly add to the oversized pics, spent some time yesterday with my lady, got her looking quite nice and shiny...

sidemirror.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

dar83 wrote: »
    Just to possibly add to the oversized pics, spent some time yesterday with my lady, got her looking quite nice and shiny...

Half decent effort I suppose :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Picture is a bit wide for me as well but nothing that I would get upset over, it's grand on my phone as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Sham Courtney

I can see them grand. No problem at work, at home or on my mobile. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Pictures a bit wide LM, nothing major though. I can see the other photos fine, dunno if they've been resized already. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Pictures a bit wide LM, nothing major though. I can see the other photos fine, dunno if they've been resized already. :)

If you upload your pics to imgur, you can use their built-in resize function to make them fit here better.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I find the best size for images here is 640x480. Any online uploader gives you the function to resize images.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

So after 18 months, I have my "project" mini running and driving!

Replaced the bypass hose, fixed the radiator, realigned the Carb and cleaned all the electric points. Just need to fix a leak in the fuel line and all should be good!

imageblj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

To be fair, I'm running a 30" 2550x1600 desktop here, and I've my browser reasonably large on screen, and the test image above still has me scrolling horizontally - I can only imagine how crap it'd be on my tablet.

800x600 should be the max for photos.

Ok, half and half lads.

We'll try stick to having them around the 800*600 mark, anyone who posts over this, i'll edit them to links.

Repeat offenders will be shown the shoe
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Better not be my fcuking shoe :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Jemmy wrote: »
    Half decent effort I suppose :P

Says the one who washes her car every 6 months! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

antodeco wrote: »

Replaced the bypass hose, fixed the radiator, realigned the Carb and cleaned all the electric points. Just need to fix a leak in the fuel line and all should be good, oh and tax the shaggin thing!

FYP :p :pac:

Seriously nice motor though..:)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

166man wrote: »
    antodeco wrote: »

Replaced the bypass hose, fixed the radiator, realigned the Carb and cleaned all the electric points. Just need to fix a leak in the fuel line and all should be good, oh and tax the shaggin thing!

FYP :p :pac:

[SIZE="1"]
    Seriously nice motor though..:)[/SIZE]
    No point taxing it if it's been off the road the past 18 months ;)

Ok, half and half lads.

We'll try stick to having them around the 800*600 mark, anyone who posts over this, i'll edit them to links.

I always thought it was 800 max size?

vectra wrote: »
    I always thought it was 800 max size?

That's over in the photo thread AFAik.

But 800 is perfect for everyone. if people want to put up 800's and then a link to the other one, fair enough!

I went at the bonnet again this evening with the D/A to see if I could get out more scratches. It was all in vain to a certain extent and I'm now thinking that the bonnet was resprayed before and they are "keying" marks under the paint.

Good thing I was getting it resprayed anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I went at the bonnet again this evening with the D/A to see if I could get out more scratches. It was all in vain to a certain extent and I'm now thinking that the bonnet was resprayed before and they are "keying" marks under the paint.

Good thing I was getting it resprayed anyway!

Just out of interest, what would a respray set you back MM?

Well me being me, I want a proper job done so I'm guessing in the region of €400-500. I'm not sure though, haven't even priced it yet.

• Advertisement

Well me being me, I want a proper job done so I'm guessing in the region of €400-500. I'm not sure though, haven't even priced it yet.

For a black bonnet?

Me arse! You'd spray the whole front for that, lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement