Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

OSI wrote: »
    Some rusty nuts you've got there... :pac:
    que?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Got a few gliptone products from cleancar.ie last week but only got around to using them tonight, must say I'm very impressed.

The leather looks great and smells like leather again :-D

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

damo86 wrote: »
    take it you move the red clip to the right? (I see the wee arrow)

I WIN!

The red clip was crucial I think. I moved it towards the D block direction, and after lots of swearing, I got the B block out. Very tough to get out, a good solid grip and lots of teasing eventually eased it out. My thumbs are sore now.

Ive it wired up now, just need to maybe tape down the loose wires and code up the footwells (in the morning) and I should be golden (or at least I really hope so). Didnt install the rears for 2 reasons. 1 I need to take out the front seats to get proper access so I can chase the wires, and 2 im on the hunt for a new interior so I might save myself doing the same job twice.

Before:
    DSC_0004.jpg

After:
    DSC_0015.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

excellent news, you're not alone, should of heard the swearing when I was installing my factory bluetooth, fingers in bits too!

The footwell lights make a world of difference, I changed mine for red leds..would definitely recommend

• Advertisement

damo86 wrote: »
    excellent news, you're not alone, should of heard the swearing when I was installing my factory bluetooth, fingers in bits too!

The footwell lights make a world of difference, I changed mine for red leds..would definitely recommend

They do highlight how crappy my pedals look though. Chrome pedals are on the list anyways, just need to save some money one of these months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Busy getting through the mini-projects on this car, reckon it will be long sold before I get to some of the stuff.

First off , some nightbreakers plus - to tone down the yellow hue -

Daytime:

BEFORE:

iybu.jpg

AFTER:

43ue.jpg

Nightime:

BEFORE:

dnyg.jpg

AFTER:

yb3w.jpg

Side by Side (Driver = Osram Nightbreaker Plus, Passenger = Generic)

oi6m.jpg

The Finished article:

c8b8.jpg

Overall it did tone now the yellowness, but not the HID white I was hoping for -ah well

Next moved onto the dodgy trim, which has been begging to be done since forever:

couple of side by Side of the Door Trim - it's a shame tyoyota charge over €100 for this part as I'd just renew it..

Used autofiness trim reviver

4ql4.jpg

7zc0.jpg

wun0.jpg

Finished:

9mk1.jpg

Next moved onto the gaskets around the door handles , Toyota of course charge €100 for these, why so much? Because you can't buy the gasket seperately you need to buy the entire handle!

Drivers side wasn't the worst and came up nice with the dressing:

BEFORE:

1rj1.jpg

j0l9.jpg

5afn.jpg

AFTER:

p7tp.jpg

0wbc.jpg

Passsenger Side was alot worse it went from brilliant white to a adark grey - I'll have to revisit this one!

BEFORE:

ex7u.jpg

xxtw.jpg

0cau.jpg

AFTER

d0y5.jpg

83ri.jpg

odld.jpg

A snowfoam lance is on its way to me so I will finally get her finished shes still quite clean but needs some DA work again on top of drivers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

eringobragh - You really do put a lot of hard work into that car and it shows, looks fantastic. :)

eringobragh - You really do put a lot of hard work into that car and it show, looks fantastic. :)

cheers lad...alot done, more to do ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Looking forward to it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Have you thought about Gtechniq C1 and EXO?

Have you thought about Gtechniq C1 and EXO?

Yeah saw a few of your posts on it - massive disclaimer on their site about it application, is it hard to apply? Pricey stuff as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,966 ✭✭✭cena

Today I changed to oil on my mothers astra.

photostream

lightbox

lightbox

lightbox

lightbox

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I've done a lot of research on it and I applied it to my alloys a few weeks ago. It's no harder to apply than wax but you would want to know what you're doing.

Pricey yes but it will save a lot of time, a lot of wax and a lot of effort so it's worth it to me!

I've done a lot of research on it and I applied it to my alloys a few weeks ago. It's no harder to apply than wax but you would want to know what you're doing.

Pricey yes but it will save a lot of time, a lot of wax and a lot of effort so it's worth it to me!

hmmm will look into this cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

A little bit of a wash for our 1972 VW Beetle.... Original Irish car, Tipp reg, restored fully in 09 - 12,078 miles...

ebb941350785f7334cf63ba641e823db_zpsc6230a6e.jpg

A kind of an important wash really...... Its taking me to the church tomorrow (today technically)..

12dfc5b02d76e00bc0c21d2f663a2c23_zpsdf5f3cf4.jpg

The bridesmaids also travel in style courtesy of one of my best friends and his pony.....

576b17f30ffb3914a68557e07ce55754_zps4a982959.jpg

Now off to sleep... Big day ahead for me and the nearly Mrs TrailerBob

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

TrailerBob wrote: »
    All the best for the big day :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

best of luck bob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

TrailerBob wrote: »

Congrats! If its anything like the weather here you have a great day for it.

I'd to laugh at the thought of you on Boards at 2 am the day of your wedding. At that time the day(night) of mine I was busy scribbling my speech. Panic does wonderful things at times! :pac:

• Advertisement

Cleaned the throttle body in the brothers XJ6 there. It was manky. Was hoping it would sort out an idling issue but unfortunately it didn't. Need to get some MAF cleaner and tackle it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    The wood is very rotten so I think it'll fall down to me fairly soon :p

In the same shed there is a tub that's about 25l and it's full of antibiotics of some kind. I think the tub cost £3!!

Could be worse, we have asbestos roof sheets and pipes :eek: What a strange tub that must be :p
    Lads....Ded_Zebra's sellin pills.... :pac:

We have a shed like that too, been here before the house apparently, found an empty bottle from 1850 in it one day, some mechanic owned it, so I'm sure I'll find more fun things!

Arse I've been outdone! Oldest thing I have is a penny from 1860 :(

Bit of a teaser pic moment.... What's happening here? :p
    Image822.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

We're nearing the 10,000 post mark, so time for a new thread, lat few posts moved here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056991213#

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement