Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good win for UCC today by a point - aet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Good win for UCC today by a point - aet.
    Listened to bits of it on the local radio station,sounded like a cracker of a game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Avondhu Junior hurling championship final result; Charleville 2-12 Kildorrey 0-10. Charleville are now officially county champions as well as Avondhu champions,there will be some celebrations in the town there tonight.

Glad they won it to be fair.
    What would have happened if Kildorrey won. Would they have been classed as county champions aswell and gone into the munster championship?

Glad they won it to be fair.
    What would have happened if Kildorrey won. Would they have been classed as county champions aswell and gone into the munster championship?
    If Kildorrey won today they would have been crowned county champions as well as Avondhu champions and would have progressed to Munster. Just heard there that Charleville are out Tuesday night in the Munster championship!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

If Kildorrey won today they would have been crowned county champions as well as Avondhu champions and would have progressed to Munster. Just heard there that Charleville are out Tuesday night in the Munster championship![/QUOTE]

Dont think they will be they have to play Kenmare or Kilgarvan and that hasn't been desided yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

If Kildorrey won today they would have been crowned county champions as well as Avondhu champions and would have progressed to Munster. Just heard there that Charleville are out Tuesday night in the Munster championship!

Charleville arent playing untill the 20th against the Kerry Champions, in Kerry.

Charleville arent playing untill the 20th against the Kerry Champions, in Kerry.
    It's actually County under 21 championship there playing tomorrow night by all accounts.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

It's actually County under 21 championship there playing tomorrow night by all accounts.

Yeah, they are playing Carrigaline in the U21 A county in Mallow at 7.30

County Junior A football championship final Kanturk v Mitchelstown Pairc Ui Rinn tomorrow Friday November 12th 7 30pm,extra time if necessary.

County Junior A football final result; Kanturk 1-20 Mitchelstown 0-4. Kanturk out again tomorrow against Kerry side Dromid Pearses in the Munster semi final in Waterville at 2 00pm.

• Advertisement

Kenmare will be playing Charleville in the Munster championship they won the South Kerry championship today so they now go on

Heartbreak for Kanturk today as they were beat 2-4 to 0-14 after extra time. It was a tough task for them after winning the Cork county final less than 48 hours previously but they were very unlucky not to win the game in normal time.

It's a real pity that when you win the county, you have to play in Munster 48 hrs later - what a fúckin joke.

It's a real pity that when you win the county, you have to play in Munster 48 hrs later - what a fúckin joke.

It was the Cork's county boards fault, they knew what date the champions would be playing in munster 11 months ago and still couldnt get the championship completed.

It was the Cork's county boards fault, they knew what date the champions would be playing in munster 11 months ago and still couldnt get the championship completed.

The county board messes up......I'm shocked:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

To be fair the championship was held up to accommodate Aidan Walsh. His club suffered in the end

The county board messes up......I'm shocked:rolleyes:

Someone from Cork giving out about the county board im even more shocked :pac:

lala88 wrote: »
    Someone from Cork giving out about the county board im even more shocked :pac:

If you think Cork people don't have a few problems with the County Board and it's officials, I'm even more shocked;)

slingerz wrote: »
    To be fair the championship was held up to accommodate Aidan Walsh. His club suffered in the end
    That's the truth. The final was originally fixed for October 30th but was delayed to allow Aidan play in Australia. Personally I think If this Kanturk team had a week's rest before the Dromid game they would have won but at the end of the day they knew what was ahead of them and they accepted it. The Munster Council are not known to be the accommodating type!

That's the truth. The final was originally fixed for October 30th but was delayed to allow Aidan play in Australia. Personally I think If this Kanturk team had a week's rest before the Dromid game they would have won but at the end of the day they knew what was ahead of them and they accepted it. The Munster Council are not known to be the accommodating type!

I would back the Munster Council in this tbh, they told county's what date they were due to have a repersentative ready by nearly 11 months ago, surely enough notice and time to run off any championship, what is more shocking is that the Leinster Council decided to break all previous patterns this year and afford Dublin extra time to finish their senior championship, a decision that I guarantee will come back to haunt them.

• Advertisement

I would back the Munster Council in this tbh, they told county's what date they were due to have a repersentative ready by nearly 11 months ago, surely enough notice and time to run off any championship, what is more shocking is that the Leinster Council decided to break all previous patterns this year and afford Dublin extra time to finish their senior championship, a decision that I guarantee will come back to haunt them.
    I think the Kanturk club foolishly thought that with Aidan Walsh been in Australia that the Munster council would move the semi final to suit them but at the end of the day the Munster Council have a fixtures list and that's that.

In fairness I'll give the Cork County board credit for a change,they ran off all the major championship finals well in time bar the junior football affair which in hindsight maybe the county board should have just said to Kanturk that the final is on October 30th and we can't move it to suit Aidan.

It looks like the saga over this Kanturk v Dromid Pearses game will drag on for a while yet after a letter was printed in the Evening Echo this evening from the Dromid Pearses PRO. Been a Duhallow gael I was hoping Kanturk would win but Dromid won and I think the time is now for everyone to move on and forget about the controversy but I'm sure this letter will bring up this debate again and again for a while yet!

And Premierstone best of luck to your local club Kildangan in the Munster final against Dromid.

Here are a list of the Munster club championship games been held this Sunday involving Cork teams;

Munster club SFC semi final; UCC v Moyle Rovers. Venue; Clonmel 2 30pm.

Munster club IFC semi final; Newmarket v Milltown-Castlemaine. Venue; Mallow 2 00pm.

Munster club JHC quarter final; Charleville v Kenmare. Venue; Kenmare 2 00pm.

Best of luck to all the Cork teams this Sunday.

It would be nice to see 3 wins for the cork clubs this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Reason actually is that aidan walsh going to australia for 2 weeks held the entire thing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 EoinOCall

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Reason actually is that aidan walsh going to australia for 2 weeks held the entire thing up.

And Kanturk would have been fine without him in the end. :rolleyes:

EoinOCall wrote: »
    And Kanturk Ireland would have been fine without him in the end. :rolleyes:

FYP;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 EoinOCall

FYP;)

Good point :p

The journey ended for Newmarket today when they were defeated 1-9 to 1-6 by Milltown-Castlemaine in the Munster IFC semi final. A poor first half ultimately cost them in the end but the better team won in the end. Regardless it has been a wonderful year for my home club and we can look forward to senior football next year,something which we thought would never happen in our wildest dreams!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

The journey ended for Newmarket today when they were defeated 1-9 to 1-6 by Milltown-Castlemaine in the Munster IFC semi final. A poor first half ultimately cost them in the end but the better team won in the end. Regardless it has been a wonderful year for my home club and we can look forward to senior football next year,something which we thought would never happen in our wildest dreams!

Disappointed to hear that they lost

• Advertisement

Pity ye lost, but as you said - Senior again, a winter of contentment awaits!

In other news ...
    Moyle Rovers (Tipperary) 1-5 UCC 5-12 (Cork), Clonmel

That is one ,almighty hammering to give someone in a Munster semi!!!!

And Charleville continued their winning ways with a 1-13 V 0-05 win !!!

As the song says....2 outa 3 ain't bad!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement