Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Sunday November 27th Munster Club JHC semi final; Charleville v Rockwell Rovers (Tipperary) 2 00pm in Charleville.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,345 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Great win for Charleville today over Rockville Rovers in Charleville and they are into the Munster Junior hurling final in Mallow in 2 weeks time against Cappamore from Limerick.
    They were down to 14 and got 2 goals with about 10mins left for some clear daylight between them. James O'Brien had another super outing.

It finished Charleville 2-14 v 0-08

Great win for Charleville and also a mention for Kilmichael hurlers who beat Kenmare in the Munster Junior B Championship quarter final 1-15 to 1-4.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,345 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Munster Junior A and B Hurling Champions has a rather nice ring to it.
    Two tough games for that to happen though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bensam

bord gais have awarded cyril kavanagh with an award for being
    corks no 1 fan,iv always considered him to be a bluffer and an attention seeker, paddy power sponsored him for advertising them few years ago,
    i could be wrong but i dont think he is affiliated to any club,
    loads of oter people go to national league games to tyrone,armagh, monaghan,go to junior b club matches in depth of winter without
    seeking reward,

• Advertisement

bensam wrote: »
    bord gais have awarded cyril kavanagh with an award for being
    corks no 1 fan,iv always considered him to be a bluffer and an attention seeker, paddy power sponsored him for advertising them few years ago,
    i could be wrong but i dont think he is affiliated to any club,
    loads of oter people go to national league games to tyrone,armagh, monaghan,go to junior b club matches in depth of winter without
    seeking reward,
    Are you saying so that Cyril Kavanagh was pestering Bord Gais for an award for been Cork's number 1 fan? I personally don't know Cyril Kavanagh and as for him getting an award fair play to him but there's surely more serious topics to be discussing than about the merits of a fan award?

Charleville will play Limerick's Cappamore next Sunday in Mallow in the Munster Club JHC final. It has been a quite year for Cork clubs in the provincial championships so hopefully Charleville will bring some silverware to the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Charleville will play Limerick's Cappamore next Sunday in Mallow in the Munster Club JHC final. It has been a quite year for Cork clubs in the provincial championships so hopefully Charleville will bring some silverware to the county.

Or Limerick could take the clean sweep ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

Anyone know what kind of team the Cork Teachers Interfirms football have? We are playing them on Wednesday evening in Mallow.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Or Limerick could take the clean sweep ;)
    I was talking to a workmate today who told me Cappamore were senior 4 years ago so I'd say they have a strong enough team. It should be a good final hopefully.

• Advertisement

Starie1975 wrote: »
    Anyone know what kind of team the Cork Teachers Interfirms football have? We are playing them on Wednesday evening in Mallow.

They are normally pretty handy, year in year out. Let us know how ye get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    They are normally pretty handy, year in year out. Let us know how ye get on.

We (Medtronic) won last night by a few points. The GAA complex in Mallow is unbelievable, a stadium ground with floodlights, training pitch with floodlights, a third pitch, Astroturf with lights and an indoor Astroturf pitch.

In the match itself we got off to a good start but were put under pressure at the end of the first half. Regrouped at half time and kicked a few more scores in the second to gain the advantage again. We’ve a home draw in the final verses the winners of McAleer and Rushe from Cookstown and the winners of Leinster.

Starie1975 wrote: »
    We (Medtronic) won last night by a few points. The GAA complex in Mallow is unbelievable, a stadium ground with floodlights, training pitch with floodlights, a third pitch, Astroturf with lights and an indoor Astroturf pitch.

In the match itself we got off to a good start but were put under pressure at the end of the first half. Regrouped at half time and kicked a few more scores in the second to gain the advantage again. We’ve a home draw in the final verses the winners of McAleer and Rushe from Cookstown and the winners of Leinster.

People normally get a bit of a shock on seeing it for a first time - seriously impressive!
    Congrats on the win but ye are lucky I didn't tog out though!!!!

Great to see Charleville win the Munster Junior hurling title today on a scoreline of
    3-15 V 2-08, (no treble for Limerick;))

Delighted for Charleville. It has been an emotional roller coaster of a year for them and they thoroughly deserve to be crowned Munster Champions. 1 of their star players Des Fitzgearld was seriously injured in the Cork county semi final and is currently in the rehab centre in Dun Laoighare so I'm sure this fine young team were determined to win Munster for their team mate.

Charleville were a cracking 5/2 to win today's final! Well done Charleville,the christmas celebrations officially start tonight!

Delighted for Charleville. It has been an emotional roller coaster of a year for them and they thoroughly deserve to be crowned Munster Champions. 1 of their star players Des Fitzgearld was seriously injured in the Cork county semi final and is currently in the rehab centre in Dun Laoighare so I'm sure this fine young team were determined to win Munster for their team mate.

Charleville were a cracking 5/2 to win today's final! Well done Charleville,the christmas celebrations officially start tonight!

Mine started Friday night and I'm still suffering:D

Mine started Friday night and I'm still suffering:D
    That's the spirit ShamoBuc,ha ha! There will be some amount of sore heads in Charleville tomorrow morning:D!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Great to see Charleville win the Munster Junior hurling title today on a scoreline of
    3-15 V 2-08, (no treble for Limerick;))

Ah shur... can't have everything. And you can't trust that crowd from Cappamore anyway :p

That's a fairly convincing win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

What happened to him ?

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    What happened to him ?
    He collided with the Kilbrin goalie at the Cork county championship semi final. I wasn't at a the game but it was held up for nearly 45 minutes while they waited for an ambulance to come and get him. That game was held in October and he has been hospitalised ever since.

Not fully aware of the extent of his injuries but rumour was he had no feeling in his legs after the collision. Hopefully this man makes a full recovery.

• Advertisement

Athbhlian faoi mhaise daoibh go léir

McGrath Cup quarter-finals results:
    CIT 2-15 IT Tralee 2-05, CIT Sportsgrounds
    Cork 2-14 Clare 0-07, Pairc Ui Rinn
    Tipperary 4-16 Waterford IT 0-06, Clonmel
    Limerick 0-10 UCC 1-19, Rathkeale

3 good wins for the cork teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 crackinthewall

was at cork and clare. cork looked very fit. graham canty and colm o neill really getting through the gears. cork played very good football off the shoulder and made some excellent scores. i knows its only january but they will be in the september shakeup

was at cork and clare. cork looked very fit. graham canty and colm o neill really getting through the gears. cork played very good football off the shoulder and made some excellent scores. i knows its only january but they will be in the september shakeup

Alot of fringe players will get a run out this year I reckon. Great to see O'Neill back after the disaster of last year. Hopefully a good preseason will help Canty as the year continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

ALLIANZ FOOTBALL LEAGUE 2012

ROUND 1
    Armagh vs. Cork
    Morgan Athletic Grounds, Sunday February 5th

ROUND 2
    Cork vs. Down
    Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Sunday February 12th

ROUND 3
    Dún na nGall vs. Cork
    Ballybofey, Saturday March 4th

ROUND 4
    Cork vs. Laois
    Páirc Uí Rinn, Sunday March 11th

ROUND 5
    Cork vs. Kerry
    Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Sunday March 18th

ROUND 6
    Mayo vs.Cork
    MacHale Park, Castlebar, Sunday March 25th

ROUND 7
    Cork vs. Dublin
    Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Sunday April 8th

ALLIANZ HURLING LEAGUE 2012

ROUND 1
    Cork vs. Waterford
    Páirc Uí Rinn, Saturday February 25th

ROUND 2
    Dublin vs. Cork
    Páirc an Chrócaigh, Sunday March 11th

ROUND 3
    Cork vs. Galway
    Páirc Uí Chaoimh Sunday March 18th

ROUND 4
    Cork vs. Kilkenny
    Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Sunday March 25th

ROUND 5
    Tipperary vs. Cork
    Semple Stadium, Thurles, Sunday April 1st

Taken from gaa.ie. Nice test for JBM toward start of championship - cats and tipp final games for hurlers (barring league final of course!). Opening game for hurlers under lights too in pairc ui rinn against Deise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Wow, sounds promising!

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/oneills-winter-warmer-for-cork-180300.html

Really hope from a personal and a fan point of view that Kevin Harrington gets a fair go off the Cork Seniors this year, the guy is a class act, very dedicated and has never let Bantry down, great footballer, very like Michael Shields, a sticky marker but isnt afraid to attack every now and then when its safe to do so.

and if it turns out that he isnt good enough, fair enough but he definitely deserves a go, never let Cork down in an Under-21 or Junior shirt either...

Best of luck to Charleville on Sunday in the All Ireland junior hurling semi final against Manchester based team Fullen Gaels.

Great win for Charleville against Fullen Gaels 1-17 to 0-6. Best of luck to them in the All Ireland final next month against Kilkenny side St Patricks.

Great win for Charleville against Fullen Gaels 1-17 to 0-6. Best of luck to them in the All Ireland final next month against Kilkenny side St Patricks.

Another good win for them alright, I've a feeling St. Pat's will be a different kettle of fish though. Looking forward to that one.

Cork had another good win today - against CIT - 2-17 v 0-07
    They will play Tip in the final next Sunday in Clonmel after they defeated UCC 1-15 v 0-09

The first silverware of the year for Cork footballers landed today with victory in the McGrath Cup final against Tipperary 0-13 to 0-6. A nice boost before next weekend's League start with an away game against Armagh.

• Advertisement

Champions!!!!!

No stopping us now!!!!!

It's nice to have these games just before the league starts up though- much better than training sessions I would imagine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement