Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭largepants

I see Sean Og has been recalled to the Cork Hurling panel by JBM. I'm delighted for him and hope he proves all the doubters wrong. Should never have been dropped in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Have great time for Sean Og but as a Corkman I think this is a bad move by JBM.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭largepants

Do you think so? I would have thought he'd be a role model for all the younger squad members. I would assume that JBM will opt for a blend of youth and experience with a view to a total transformation within a couple of years.

Honestly can't see what harm it would do. Then again I'm not a Cork man so maybe I'm not qualified to give an insiders view. Having met the man once or twice I always thought he had a huge passion for the game and he's one who is well respected within the real hurling fraternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

If he makes the starting 15 for next year's championship it will just show how far Cork hurling has fallen in the recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Whats the point of bringing sean og back ? He be 35 come championship ? Jimmy should be giving likes of Coleman a run in goals instead of cusack. He should make Niall Mac his captain.

• Advertisement

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Whats the point of bringing sean og back ? He be 35 come championship ? Jimmy should be giving likes of Coleman a run in goals instead of cusack. He should make Niall Mac his captain.
    I have to agree with you,a backward step by JBM IMO.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I merged the Sean Óg thread in here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,548 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Football final live on TG4 at 3.30!

Seán Óg - good squad member, great for the younger fellas to have around - will he start in the championship? yes if he's better than what's on the bench, plain and simple. If others are better, JBM will start them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Does anyone know where I could find a list of the original clubs of lads on the UCC Panel from today?

I'm very proud this evening,my home club Newmarket won the Intermediate Premier football championship title when they defeated Clyda Rovers 3-6 to 1-10 in the final. A great day for the club,senior 2012 here we come!

Also well done to UCC who beat Castlehaven 1-12 to 0-10 in the senior final,a double by teams in red and black jerseys:D!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,548 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

dartbhoy wrote: »
    I'm very proud this evening,my home club Newmarket won the Intermediate Premier football championship title when they defeated Clyda Rovers 3-6 to 1-10 in the final. A great day for the club,senior 2012 here we come!

Also well done to UCC who beat Castlehaven 1-12 to 0-10 in the senior final,a double by teams in red and black jerseys:D!

Delighted for ye - enjoy the hangover:D

Very good win for UCC today - played some great football.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

I'd say all the UCC lads will be booking a few days off work to go celebrating!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Delighted for ye - enjoy the hangover:D

Very good win for UCC today - played some great football.
    Suffering all day with a hangover from hell but sure it was all worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Suffering all day with a hangover from hell but sure it was all worth it!

Well done to Newmarket, don't think in yer wildest dreams think that ye win it this year, know mate from Newmarket and he was saying ye were in relegation playoff for past few years am I right?

Feel sorry for Clyda as they lost few finals over years and great club for the size of the place, they can hold their heads high.

Newmarket was place be last night I say.

Well done to Newmarket, don't think in yer wildest dreams think that ye win it this year, know mate from Newmarket and he was saying ye were in relegation playoff for past few years am I right?

Feel sorry for Clyda as they lost few finals over years and great club for the size of the place, they can hold their heads high.

Newmarket was place be last night I say.
    13 months ago we beat Glanmire in a relegation play off final to stay in the premier Intermediate grade. We lost our 1st and 2nd round games in the championship earlier this year and beat Grenagh in the 3rd round to get back into the championship proper!

Ex Cork star Danny Culloty only took over the team 2 weeks before the start of the championship after the ex trainer resigned and in fairness to the man he has worked a miracle IMO,to bring a county intermediate title to this team after the upheaval earlier in the year is unreal!

I do feel sorry for Clyda,heartbreaking to lose 3 years in a row. An ex workmate from Clyda came up to me before the final whistle to congratulate me but I really felt sorry for him,he was distraught and had tears in his eyes,sport can be so cruel too!

I heard Newmarket is hopping again this evening,it was thronged last night,some party!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭lukin

Meelin man here; delighted for the town, hopefully ye will go on and win the All-Ireland like we did :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Well done to newmarket, great win.

I like to get the opinion on the UCC vs Castlehaven situation (I'm a castlehaven man, so you know what side of the fence i'm on). We were beaten by a better team, but its the selection of the UCC team i have a slight issue with. A good few kerry players on the UCC team that also play with senior clubs in kerry (along with there centre back from Ballinasloe). And its looking likely that UCC could meet Dr. Crokes in the Munster championship.
    I know i'm assuming the results of a few games, but who do you think they will play for........ Their home club! and they'll abondon UCC.
    So here is the question.... Should they declare at the start of the championship who they are going to play for??? I'm applying the same logic applyed to the divisional sides, if you play with a non-senior club you can play with a divisional side.

PS. some will say its sour grapes on my part..... maybe your right. But i support my club whole heartly, and want them to win everytime they take the field. The final is over and UCC won far and square.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done to newmarket, great win.

I like to get the opinion on the UCC vs Castlehaven situation (I'm a castlehaven man, so you know what side of the fence i'm on). We were beaten by a better team, but its the selection of the UCC team i have a slight issue with. A good few kerry players on the UCC team that also play with senior clubs in kerry (along with there centre back from Ballinasloe). And its looking likely that UCC could meet Dr. Crokes in the Munster championship.
    I know i'm assuming the results of a few games, but who do you think they will play for........ Their home club! and they'll abondon UCC.
    So here is the question.... Should they declare at the start of the championship who they are going to play for??? I'm applying the same logic applyed to the divisional sides, if you play with a non-senior club you can play with a divisional side.

PS. some will say its sour grapes on my part..... maybe your right. But i support my club whole heartly, and want them to win everytime they take the field. The final is over and UCC won far and square.:(

No dont come across as bitter and as being outsider (no affiliation to either club) I think you make good point.

I personally think a player should only be entitled to play for one senior club no matter what county they play it in.

I mean if the likes of Avondhu or Carbery cant represent Cork I dont think its fair that a Team with most of it's players outside of Cork win it.

I wish UCC well and hope they do well in Munster and maybe even get to AI, but I can see why people think colleges may have unfair advantage.

Delighted to see likes of Aidan Walsh, Eoin Cadogan and Paddy Kelly on the Irish panel. Hope they do us proud. Surprised likes of Shields, Goulding, Donnacha O'Connor were not involved given fact they have no club championship matches they would been free to travel.

Finished a draw down in Páirc Uí Rinn

Mayfield 2-3 V Charleville 0-9

Mayfield were 2-0 v 0-1 up against the conditions but I am confident both will be happy to play it out again!
    Wretched conditions !

• Advertisement

A brutal day for hurling and only fair to the 2 teams to get another day out in hopefully dry conditions.

Bit of a joke making cusack captain, should been someone like Niall Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Bit of a joke making cusack captain, should been someone like Niall Mac

Yeah its a fair 'joke' making the most experienced player on the team captain, surely JBM is taking the piss...

Junior County Hurling Final Replay; Charleville v Mayfield today 3 30pm. The weather a lot better today than last Sunday so hopefully we'll have a good high scoring game. I go for Mayfield to shade it but it will be very close I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,681 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

County Junior Final Replay Result: Mayfield 0-11 Charleville 2-10

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Agus

Ballyduff (Kerry) beat Courcey Rovers in the Munster intermediate club hurling championship

I was up at Pairc Ui Rinn today. A good entertaining game of hurling and well done to Charleville. Charleville have to go out again next Sunday and play Kildorrey in the Avondhu junior final knowing if Kildorrey beat them they will lose Avondhu and the County title!

County Junior football semi final Tuesday November 1st Pairc Ui Rinn 7 30pm; Courcey Rovers v Mitchelstown. Extra time if necessary.

County Junior Football Championship semi final result; Mitchelstown 1-4 Courcey Rovers 0-6. The final will be contested between Kanturk v Mitchelstown on Friday November 11th in Pairc Ui Rinn at 7 30pm.

• Advertisement

Avondhu Junior hurling championship final result; Charleville 2-12 Kildorrey 0-10. Charleville are now officially county champions as well as Avondhu champions,there will be some celebrations in the town there tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement